Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
does the 5.0 even us a MAP?
All cars use a MAP sensor however the roush tune is speed density and deletes the MAF sensor used by the stock ford tuning.
Been kicking around the idea of doing a Alky Control system. From what it sounds like, I need a kit designated as MAP instead of MAF right? Probably need to call them and see what they recommend.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have heard that Roush tune eliminates 1st gear and lowers the redline for A10 cars. Is this true?
In normal mode at part throttle, it skips 2nd and 4th. At heavy throttle in normal mode or at any throttle application in the performance modes, it doesn't skip gears. I don't think the redline is changed at all from stock. In the lower gears, it shifts around 73-7400.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
What made you guys to take Roush route? Mainly warranty concerns? My close friend who used to be a ford master tech keeps on telling to go with Vortech saying its going to be 100% reliable. Any thoughts?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What made you guys to take Roush route? Mainly warranty concerns? My close friend who used to be a ford master tech keeps on telling to go with Vortech saying its going to be 100% reliable. Any thoughts?
Not a single car manufacturer uses a Vortech. The Eaton TVS rotor pack as in the Roush is used by Ford and GM. It is 100% reliable.

I am sure a centrifugal will provide gobs of high rpm power, though. The Roush gives very strong low end torque. I went with Roush for safety, reliability, an excellent tune, low NVH and initial cost. The warranty was also a consideration.

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Roush leaves the stock rev limiter stock. Some shift points are higher and some are lower.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
So... Any thoughts on an AlkyControl system? Think I would need to upgrade the fuel system to run one? Probably should huh?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So... Any thoughts on an AlkyControl system? Think I would need to upgrade the fuel system to run one? Probably should huh?
Are you trying to run a single nozzle or multiple nozzles like some people are in the water/meth thread?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Just sharing a little fun had today. Most of the time, I take it easy driving. Some rolling WOT most generally shifting short of redline. Out for lunch, took the car out running small section of back road twisties. Car is set up perfectly and just flat planted. Then coming down an entrance ramp executed a punch throttle WOT in 3rd gear to redline. TC did cut in at first as tires started breaking traction, but then kicked full on......just wow. Into 4th and held WOT and then backed off. I was well north of X30.....Engine response was very strong and no hiccups at all. Its a RS3 with latest Roush tune. All smiles :)

Roush 4.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Taking 3rd to redline and running hard in 4th feels so good. 4th pulls like a cannon shot. I know how that smile was plastered on your face.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Are you trying to run a single nozzle or multiple nozzles like some people are in the water/meth thread?
Single. Been reading the Edlebrock/meth thread.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Yes as I have been also. Why would you think you need more fuel?
Because this thread is full of complaints about fuel pump related issues? If the increase in cooling and octane result in more HP, do you not need more fuel? (honest question)