Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
How do yall check the iat2? Also what are the main causes of the misfires on our cars? Is it going to cause a lot of engine damage?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
How do yall check the iat2? Also what are the main causes of the misfires on our cars? Is it going to cause a lot of engine damage?
I use an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge to monitor coolant temp and iat2. It will also show boost, knock retard, and a number of other things. It will only show 2 parameters at a time and does not record.

The only time I ever had a misfire was when I had low fuel pressure. I didn't feel it but FordPass told me.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I use an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge to monitor coolant temp and iat2. It will also show boost, knock retard, and a number of other things. It will only show 2 parameters at a time and does not record.

The only time I ever had a misfire was when I had low fuel pressure. I didn't feel it but FordPass told me.
HMMMMMMM Should I just send it? Im debating between wait for the revised tune or just install it once the cars here

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Bruce today was a little overcast and a tad bit cooler because we had a tropical storm roll through. But on my ride home ambient temp was 86 and sitting it would rise to about 90 or 91, driving it actually got down to ambient temp. Now I’m sure my iat2’s were pushing 140 or higher when stopped and down to around 130 when driving as they always do.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
That's actually very nice. Do you have a picture of how it's installed?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
That's actually very nice. Do you have a picture of how it's installed?
I prefer all of my important info right in front of me so I mounted mine on the column near the instrument cluster. The wire is totally hidden. It could also be put in an a/c vent if one chose to.

20210503_144219~2.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I prefer all of my important info right in front of me so I mounted mine on the column near the instrument cluster. The wire is totally hidden. It could also be put in an a/c vent if one chose to.

20210503_144219~2.jpg
Bruce so jealous of the 60 degree weather! But I have to ask what are you listening to? 🤣

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
What are your plans and or goals with the car?
Nothing crazy couple wots street driving. No race or drags. But it will be my daily around 20k /year. If it matters, I live in AL so zero traffic. Couple long distance drive and couple very short distance drive, less than 5 miles.
Value is not my issue or the cost of gas. All it matters is reliability and that's why I wish to go with roush. Warranty and conservative tune

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

20210503_144219~2.jpg
What is the gauge?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Nothing crazy couple wots street driving. No race or drags. But it will be my daily around 20k /year. If it matters, I live in AL so zero traffic. Couple long distance drive and couple very short distance drive, less than 5 miles.
Value is not my issue or the cost of gas. All it matters is reliability and that's why I wish to go with roush. Warranty and conservative tune
The Roush should be a good option for you then.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bruce so jealous of the 60 degree weather! But I have to ask what are you listening to? 🤣
That pic was taken in the Spring....our pleasant season. Yes, I like old country music. Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius is my go-to channel. Lol

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Not making any statements, but there are few folks here with issues and hundreds or maybe thousands of 21's getting roush blowers. I don't think that this is representative, as you don't hear from those who ride with no problems.

The issues that are described here a certainly legit, but we don't know how the installation was done for example. Could be a batch of defective fuel pumps by Ford, which happened to pass QA for NA cars but fail on SC, or whatever else. There was another thread from a guy where his mechanic forgot to install intake manifold gaskets. You can't blame the car or a kit for that :).
Well said.....issues happen first thing to do is double check your work before assuming it's the product.