Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
The sad part about that is the way they will try and fix it I'd by detuning the car.
I absolutely will take it to a dyno when this is all over with. 620 is the number on the dyno sheet Beechmont gave me. If its far off of that then im not done with them lol.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Agreed...was excited to get the Roush installed on my 21 down here in FL until I read about issues on CEL'S, heat soak and lack of timely Roush support. Deceided it was not worth the aggravation as the Roush install location is 45min away and the idea of having to make this trip everytime something goes wrong is not acceptable. This is my daily, so reliability is key...thought it would be nice to have the extra hp, but I am going to wait or not do it at all.
Are you ever in Orlando? I’m working in Jax currently and go to Orlando about once a month to see family. If you ever wanted to meet up and talk shop, look at my setup or go for a ride let me know. I daily mine and have not experienced any heat soak or cel.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Tucaz, you have the patience of a Saint. I honestly don't know how you have tolerated this debacle for so long. I wouldn't even want the car after all of this BS.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Are you ever in Orlando? I’m working in Jax currently and go to Orlando about once a month to see family. If you ever wanted to meet up and talk shop, look at my setup or go for a ride let me know. I daily mine and have not experienced any heat soak or cel.
I am about 2 hrs south of Orlando, tks for the offer

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If your ever in Daytona hit me up!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here is my dyno from March of this year. All runs in 7th. Run 2 was in 6th and the tires were slipping so the graphs are off by 1 after the first run. SAE numbers at the end.

TLDW: Best run was 626.74/551.07
(Best 1/4 mile is 10.9 @ 129)

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Agreed...was excited to get the Roush installed on my 21 down here in FL until I read about issues on CEL'S, heat soak and lack of timely Roush support. Deceided it was not worth the aggravation as the Roush install location is 45min away and the idea of having to make this trip everytime something goes wrong is not acceptable. This is my daily, so reliability is key...thought it would be nice to have the extra hp, but I am going to wait or not do it at all.
Exactly. I can always take the car to Granger once I feel more comfortable about it.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Here is my dyno from March of this year. All runs in 7th. Run 2 was in 6th and the tires were slipping so the graphs are off by 1 after the first run. SAE numbers at the end.

TLDW: Best run was 626.74/551.07
(Best 1/4 mile is 10.9 @ 129)

I thought your car's HP was higher than that on the dyno. Didn't your old car dyno at around 660?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I thought your car's HP was higher than that on the dyno. Didn't your old car dyno at around 660?
Yup.. It had a Borla Type S exhaust and was a 300A. Pretty much the exact same setup as far as mods only my new one is the active exhaust and a 401A.

Best 1/4 in the old car was 11.3. That was several tunes ago as well because I traded it in July of last year.

@Lads1719 actually owns my old car. It is tuned now. Sometime this fall we shall meet at the strip hopefully :)

(Maybe he would like to trade cars as well for a run!)

Last edited:

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I took my car to the car wash last night and when I got down a few blocks I noticed the check engine light was on. It was running fine and no particular symptoms other than the light. I took it home and hooked it up to Forscan and got a P0430 code. It said no longer present, but had obviously tripped the light on. At this point I cleared the code and so far it hasn't come back (although just a few miles). I wasn't running the car hard at all when the light came on. For particulars about the car, it's a completely stock RS2 except for the 700hp kit the dealer put on when it was new (essentially set up like a Jackhammer). It's got about 15k miles on it. I'm getting ready to go on a long trip with it and my hope is that the light was just a random event. I just got back from a 1500 mile round trip and it performed quite well, including averaging 24.5mpg. I'm wondering if I should talk with my local Roush dealer about what happened, or just let it go until it happens again (which I'm sure it will eventually). This is the first time it's thrown a CEL.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Steve, if I am not mistaken, several guys who ran phase 1 had catalyst issues.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
If your going fuel system, Fore is it
Do NOT be cheap, Go Fore

Call Beefcake for info and pricing
JMHO……
The VMP system has a good reputation, too. The tech that installed my SC likes them.

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey all, firstly wow. I have just spent the last month reading all 753 pages and it has been awesome! I’m waiting on my phase 2 kit to arrive at the dealer for install and have picked up some knowledge. It’s helped keep the wait under conteol

I have a few questions I didn’t see answered here and wonder if anyone has any answers.
My car is a 300a and I have added the 8” sync 3 and digital dash. I read that the calibration from Roush is linked to the VIN. Is this going to be an issue with drive modes? Would I get a calibration that didn’t support them?

I also currently have 19x10 square set up and looking for tires lots of recommendation on the 555r2. Car would be street use only. Would I be better with a 285/35/19 555r2 or 295/35/19 MPS4 on the rear? Ideally I’ll get the 11” wheels for the rear but just seeing what my options are for now.

thank you!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
For street use, the Michelins would certainly last longer. The 555Rii Nittos would be better from a dig and I use them in the summer but 5-6000 miles are about all they are good for.

I have no idea how the Roush tune would impact a 300a car that had the drive modes added. Gavin or Mark at Roush might be the best source for that. My guess is that it would work fine like a 301a but that is just a guess.