Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Cant get Roush on the phone. Yesterday kept saying they were closed. Today it lets promt for warranty department then says they cant take my call.
That is not good. I am really having second thoughts over having Granger do a stage II when Ford ships my car to them. I do not need nor want issues from a car that will do a 5K loop three times a year from TX to N CA then, Denver and back to TX.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
You sure can. I’ve got some feelers out on this kit on a group that Fx2beast started on Facebook to see if anyone has used or dealt with this one. Not sure if you use Facebook or not but might be a group you would consider joining.
That is not good. I am really having second thoughts over having Granger do a stage II when Ford ships my car to them. I do not need nor want issues from a car that will do a 5K loop three times a year from TX to N CA then, Denver and back to TX.
As happy as I am with my Roush kit, I would hesitant to get one if I had a 2021.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
As happy as I am with my Roush kit, I would hesitant to get one if I had a 2021.
Bruce you know my feelings on this and I still believe fuel and tune are an issue. I think if the dealer adds a BAP like yours that the issues should mostly go away and hopefully Roush will come out with another tune/calibration for overall better drivability.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Bruce you know my feelings on this and I still believe fuel and tune are an issue. I think if the dealer adds a BAP like yours that the issues should mostly go away and hopefully Roush will come out with another tune/calibration for overall better drivability.
Couldn't be more correct. Also the misfire issue can be related to the back pressure from the cats combined with the high iat2 during the summer time. Notice yall having issues with misfires in this high heat weather.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Oh yea for sure! The e85 is over all safer for the car even on boost.
Sadly, it's hard to find west of I-35. Ask how I know. :facepalm: :crackup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My thoughts exactly sir. I believe I'll leave well enough alone other than tightening up the suspension.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Heh ............. The way things are going at Flat Rock, mine may very well end up a '22 MY. :party:

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Fore Innovations is top dog for fuel systems. The VMP is a notch below and a good option at a better price.
I'm not sure Fore is any better than the VMP kit. VMP uses the DW fuel hat. I have heard of people having problems with Fore kit when the tank is low on fuel. I am using the DW fuel hat and have ran it down until I had 2 miles to empty without any issues. The DW fuel hat uses the factory basket and returns to the factory basket so there is always a fuel supply even when cornering on low fuel.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Heh ............. The way things are going at Flat Rock, mine may very well end up a '22 MY. :party:
It is hard to believe that Roush won't get this corrected. I am not sure how widespread the issues are. Certainly, Tucaz has issues that have not been fixed. Proshop had issues but took matters into his own hands. Mathewstorm seems happy with his.

Granger and the Ohio dealers have put Roush SCs on a number of 2021s. It would be interesting to know if they are getting many complaints.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
I'm not sure Fore is any better than the VMP kit. VMP uses the DW fuel hat. I have heard of people having problems with Fore kit when the tank is low on fuel. I am using the DW fuel hat and have ran it down until I had 2 miles to empty without any issues. The DW fuel hat uses the factory basket and returns to the factory basket so there is always a fuel supply even when cornering on low fuel.
Yea I haven't had any issues when running low using the vmp system.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I know granger has from me seeing now that I’m out of state there is not a lot they can do. I couldnt ask for any better treatment from granger than what they have done for me. Unfortunately it’s up to my local dealer to try and fix my issues.
I do have a case number with Roush my local dealer has all the info from Roush on what to do. Now just got to get my schedule and theirs to line up and get it looked at.
I’m fairly confident they will fix it. I worked as tech with Ford for some time. My team leader is now the service manager. He was one of the smartest drivability guys around. As soon as I can get my car there I will give him the keys and won’t bother him till he tells me it’s fixed.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It is hard to believe that Roush won't get this corrected. I am not sure how widespread the issues are. Certainly, Tucaz has issues that have not been fixed. Proshop had issues but took matters into his own hands. Mathewstorm seems happy with his.

Granger and the Ohio dealers have put Roush SCs on a number of 2021s. It would be interesting to know if they are getting many complaints.
Ask ! Both Zack and his sidekick are on the board. Bigger question being, are the ones having issues serious track rats ? We had similar issues with the '15-'16 Z06. Damn car couldn't do one lap at COTA, Vegas, or other tracks w/o going into limp mode. The fix came out '17 MY. Wasn't retroactive. Major class action law suite still working it's way up the legal system. I do not have any desire to go through that crap again.