Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Welp... Didn't drive the car all day and it was 101 degrees out when I started her up at 6:30. Drove to the strip and what a shit show. The freeway offramp was swamped with cars and there was a sign about an "event". It was the Phoenix Rising (soccer) playing nearby the track.. Sat on the off ramp for 10 minutes and my IAT2's were around 140. Showed up to the track finally and the gates were open already. Line out the gate..

There was a car show and the strip open tonight and things were all fucked up cause they moved tech. I got through quickly and parked the car for about 45 minutes until I got in the staging lanes and got my first run around 8:45. It was still about 90 degrees and my IAT2's were at 145 when I started the car up. I was rushed because they started early (they said hot track at 9) and managed to leave traction control on. I did get it to Drag Mode at least. I didn't launch very hard and had a shitty 60'. Car was definitely heatsoaked tonight. Not 100% on DA but I'm guessing 3500'.

Still happy with the run considering TC was on. Raced an STI that was pretty quick. He had a shitty reaction time (.798) but had a 1.651 60'... He ran a 12.2 @ 111.57

7.726 @ 97.98mph
11.723 @ 121.64 (down about 7mph from cooler weather)

After my first run we checked out the car show and came back to watch some runs. There was a demon that ran an 11.7@127 which was amusing and numerous Hellcats (Redeye's too) that were running 12's at 123... Most of these cars had DR's on too.

There was a Honda Element (you know, that boxy looking ugly POS) that was the best sleeper I have ever seen. They line this fucking Element up with a Hellcat... The Element (AWD) runs a 12.2 @ 113mph and the Hellcat runs a 12.4 @ 121... I have never seen a better reaction from the crowd...

The place was packed so I waited for awhile and lined up for run 2 about 2 hours after my first run. It took me another hour to get a run in at 11:45... IAT2's were at about 135 before my burnout. Not sure about afterwards. I did remember to turn traction control off though. Got a good burn out and launched much hard than the first time.. Traction was shit.. Car got squirrely even before the 60'.. When it shifted into I had to let off the gas a bit because I wasn't hooking very well. Got back on it and busted out a 12.... Whoops.

8.155 @ 97.36
12.177 @ 121.86

Probably could have had at least an 11.4 to 11.5 tonight if I could have launched and had some traction. Car suffered from heatsoak and temps a bit but after watching all the other runs I don't feel bad at all. Summer is a MoFo on cars here.

On the way home I got on the freeway and rocketed past a 392 Charger... When I slowed down he pulled up next to me and paced me for a second... I let him gun it and then I went... It wasn't even close.. Poor guy didn't know what hit him. He wouldn't pull up next to me for the next few miles..

Got off the freeway and three crotch rockets are in the turn lane going right and they all rev their bikes really loud.. Asked my buddy if we should follow and he said sure... We turned right instead of going straight and they were all hauling ass down the road... At the next light I was behind them and one of them revved really loud so I dropped it park and hit them with free flowing headers.... The guy in the back turned around and glared at me.. When the light turned green they hit it and took off. We hit some traffic with me pacing them nicely and at the next light I was in the front with all three behind me.. When the light turned green I got out in front of the cars next to me and the bike in the lead jumped over a lane and floored it. I timed him pretty well and mashed the petal to the floor and from 20 to about 120 he was in my rear view mirror. At 120 he started to pull a little but we were hitting a curve so I let off.. He let off immediately and wouldn't pull up next to me.. At the next light I flipped a bitch and went home.

All in all, pretty good night. :) I do like the latest Roush tune, that is for sure. Similar temps last year and I was in the 118mph range...

20" 555Rii's for anyone that is wondering.

20 inch 555Rii tires are very good street DRs. However, they do not hook like 17 inch Mickey ET street Rs. I can turn my 19 inch Nittos to dust if I launch hard.

Glad you posted times for other cars. Heat and high DA hurts everyone....not just Roush.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Welp... Didn't drive the car all day and it was 101 degrees out when I started her up at 6:30. Drove to the strip and what a shit show. The freeway offramp was swamped with cars and there was a sign about an "event". It was the Phoenix Rising (soccer) playing nearby the track.. Sat on the off ramp for 10 minutes and my IAT2's were around 140. Showed up to the track finally and the gates were open already. Line out the gate..

There was a car show and the strip open tonight and things were all fucked up cause they moved tech. I got through quickly and parked the car for about 45 minutes until I got in the staging lanes and got my first run around 8:45. It was still about 90 degrees and my IAT2's were at 145 when I started the car up. I was rushed because they started early (they said hot track at 9) and managed to leave traction control on. I did get it to Drag Mode at least. I didn't launch very hard and had a shitty 60'. Car was definitely heatsoaked tonight. Not 100% on DA but I'm guessing 3500'.

Still happy with the run considering TC was on. Raced an STI that was pretty quick. He had a shitty reaction time (.798) but had a 1.651 60'... He ran a 12.2 @ 111.57

7.726 @ 97.98mph
11.723 @ 121.64 (down about 7mph from cooler weather)

After my first run we checked out the car show and came back to watch some runs. There was a demon that ran an 11.7@127 which was amusing and numerous Hellcats (Redeye's too) that were running 12's at 123... Most of these cars had DR's on too.

There was a Honda Element (you know, that boxy looking ugly POS) that was the best sleeper I have ever seen. They line this fucking Element up with a Hellcat... The Element (AWD) runs a 12.2 @ 113mph and the Hellcat runs a 12.4 @ 121... I have never seen a better reaction from the crowd...

The place was packed so I waited for awhile and lined up for run 2 about 2 hours after my first run. It took me another hour to get a run in at 11:45... IAT2's were at about 135 before my burnout. Not sure about afterwards. I did remember to turn traction control off though. Got a good burn out and launched much hard than the first time.. Traction was shit.. Car got squirrely even before the 60'.. When it shifted into I had to let off the gas a bit because I wasn't hooking very well. Got back on it and busted out a 12.... Whoops.

8.155 @ 97.36
12.177 @ 121.86

Probably could have had at least an 11.4 to 11.5 tonight if I could have launched and had some traction. Car suffered from heatsoak and temps a bit but after watching all the other runs I don't feel bad at all. Summer is a MoFo on cars here.

On the way home I got on the freeway and rocketed past a 392 Charger... When I slowed down he pulled up next to me and paced me for a second... I let him gun it and then I went... It wasn't even close.. Poor guy didn't know what hit him. He wouldn't pull up next to me for the next few miles..

Got off the freeway and three crotch rockets are in the turn lane going right and they all rev their bikes really loud.. Asked my buddy if we should follow and he said sure... We turned right instead of going straight and they were all hauling ass down the road... At the next light I was behind them and one of them revved really loud so I dropped it park and hit them with free flowing headers.... The guy in the back turned around and glared at me.. When the light turned green they hit it and took off. We hit some traffic with me pacing them nicely and at the next light I was in the front with all three behind me.. When the light turned green I got out in front of the cars next to me and the bike in the lead jumped over a lane and floored it. I timed him pretty well and mashed the petal to the floor and from 20 to about 120 he was in my rear view mirror. At 120 he started to pull a little but we were hitting a curve so I let off.. He let off immediately and wouldn't pull up next to me.. At the next light I flipped a bitch and went home.

All in all, pretty good night. :) I do like the latest Roush tune, that is for sure. Similar temps last year and I was in the 118mph range...

20" 555Rii's for anyone that is wondering.
Sounds about right I was hitting mid 11s on phase 1 roush tune being completely stock every where else in summer time.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta say I think I've combined the perfect setup for the roush 2650. Even in summer time it moves out especially being on e85. The car just feels more happy on e85. Word is jokerz is coming out with a redesigned intercooler.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
My only trip to the drag strip so far was at Tulsa in June. The time slips show 93 degrees and 3800ft DA. My 60' times were atrocious, so none of my times were any good. 12.59@118 was my quickest with a 2.21 60' time. I had 3 time trials including one with a missed shift and all three with the launch control accidentally on (yes, launch control not traction control - talk about unexpected throttle behavior!). All 3 time trials were at 118.x mph. During eliminations I ended up being on the brakes at the finish line in all but the finals. I managed to spin the wheels hard enough for a 2.48 60' and ran 122mph. This is on the 700hp tune and with 93 octane gas. I was on the factory Continentals and was trying not to destroy the car with wheel hop, which is why my 60' times were so slow (except the last one where the adrenaline got the best of me). I now have good half shafts in the car and some stickier tires, so hopefully next time out will look a little better. On a side note, the cool down feature is really nice.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only trip to the drag strip so far was at Tulsa in June. The time slips show 93 degrees and 3800ft DA. My 60' times were atrocious, so none of my times were any good. 12.59@118 was my quickest with a 2.21 60' time. I had 3 time trials including one with a missed shift and all three with the launch control accidentally on (yes, launch control not traction control - talk about unexpected throttle behavior!). All 3 time trials were at 118.x mph. During eliminations I ended up being on the brakes at the finish line in all but the finals. I managed to spin the wheels hard enough for a 2.48 60' and ran 122mph. This is on the 700hp tune and with 93 octane gas. I was on the factory Continentals and was trying not to destroy the car with wheel hop, which is why my 60' times were so slow (except the last one where the adrenaline got the best of me). I now have good half shafts in the car and some stickier tires, so hopefully next time out will look a little better. On a side note, the cool down feature is really nice.
Update us when you get back to the track. A stickier tire will help for sure!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yep, even in 100% stock condition, I couldn't get a decent 60 on the street tires that come on my car. It would also break traction and hop on the 1-2 shift.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I gotta say I think I've combined the perfect setup for the roush 2650. Even in summer time it moves out especially being on e85. The car just feels more happy on e85. Word is jokerz is coming out with a redesigned intercooler.
Fx2beast did you get your blower ported yet by Jokerz? With your set up you’ll pick up 60+ whp and flow more efficiently.

That would be great if they come out with a redesigned intercooler. With the amount of Roush 2650 blowers running around out there somebody has to address the Achilles heel of the Roush 2650. That’s a potential big profit market to be had.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx2beast did you get your blower ported yet by Jokerz? With your set up you’ll pick up 60+ whp and flow more efficiently.

That would be great if they come out with a redesigned intercooler. With the amount of Roush 2650 blowers running around out there somebody has to address the Achilles heel of the Roush 2650. That’s a potential big profit market to be had.
No I haven't ported the blower yet. My goal was 750-800 hp. I'm definitely around there now. When I decide to push toward 8-900 then I'll be going ported blower and upgrading intercooler. As of right now though I don't have iat2 issues and the setup has been phenomenal. Only issue I'm running into right now is keeping the cat straight from 50 and below. So plan is to upgrade the suspension now.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No I haven't ported the blower yet. My goal was 750-800 hp. I'm definitely around there now. When I decide to push toward 8-900 then I'll be going ported blower and upgrading intercooler. As of right now though I don't have iat2 issues and the setup has been phenomenal. Only issue I'm running into right now is keeping the cat straight from 50 and below. So plan is to upgrade the suspension now.
Great to see you and Stealthy Garage pushing these Roush 2650’s and seeing what you can get out of them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
20 inch 555Rii tires are very good street DRs. However, they do not hook like 17 inch Mickey ET street Rs. I can turn my 19 inch Nittos to dust if I launch hard.

Glad you posted times for other cars. Heat and high DA hurts everyone....not just Roush.
Ya the summer heat here in the desert is real!

All in all still a decent night all things considered.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Ya the summer heat here in the desert is real!

All in all still a decent night all things considered.
i always have fun at the track so I was happy :) I saw a lot of people run some bad times in some powerful cars. Lots of noobs too. Guys leaking condensation in staging from the AC. That, and no one knows to go on the 3rd yellow!

I honestly don’t think I’m going to do any cooling mods in the near future. I’m moving to E85 first, probably in the fall. I hit the strip in the summer at least once but mainly like to go in the cooler months. Heat soak doesn’t affect me on the street too much cause I hardly drive it and it’s always cool enough for a few quick hits :)

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’m moving to E85 first, probably in the fall
Excellent! What fuel system and tune you going to swap to? You planning on an e54 and e85 tune due to our fueling scenario or just always going to run real e?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
After getting the fuel system, injectors and E85 tune, can you also get a 93 tune or are you locked into E85?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
After getting the fuel system, injectors and E85 tune, can you also get a 93 tune or are you locked into E85?
You can do both! That’s what I will be doing and that’s what fx2beast already does. We were actually just talking about this in case e85 isn’t available for some reason.