Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Cant get Roush on the phone. Yesterday kept saying they were closed. Today it lets promt for warranty department then says they cant take my call.
You got the Lemon Law in your state??? If you do, get it going.

I almost want to tell you to get the car delivered home, bring it to a reputable dealership, have them take the reigns, and be done with it.
How long has this been going on now? You still making payments on the car?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
You got the Lemon Law in your state??? If you do, get it going.

I almost want to tell you to get the car delivered home, bring it to a reputable dealership, have them take the reigns, and be done with it.
How long has this been going on now? You still making payments on the car?
NC and OH both have lemon law. Im just uncertain which state i need to claim that in. I have met the requirements for either state. Variables that im unsure of are which state, I havent even had a chance to register the car so its still in the dealerships name not sure if that would make things better or worse. I Would think better. If I press for a replacement vehicle who swaps the supercharger over and who pays for it? In all they had the car for 7 days the first time and 48 the second time. It is now at the dealership for the 3rd time.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It is really too bad you are so far from the selling dealer. I just think they would have taken better care of you than Tindol.

I would still try to work through the Ohio dealer for a replacement. Rather than swap the SC over, I would push for a replacement car with a new SC installation.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Loaded my first initial Wengerd tune today and let me tell youā€¦ screw the Roush tune. The drivability of even just the generic Wengerd tune is 1000 times better than the Roush. Better shifts and even better downshifts and I can only imagine how much better things will be with revisions.
I couldnā€™t agree more with this. Example, my wife hated driving with me on the Roush tune, it bucked, hard downshifts, crazy backfires, an embarrassment to roll through an intersection at slow speeds. Last night we went to grab food, she fell asleep on the way home. That is till we hit the stretch of 85 by the airport. šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t speak for speed cause Iā€™m not that guy, yet. But overall drivability, Roush should really take notes.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I couldnā€™t agree more with this. Example, my wife hated driving with me on the Roush tune, it bucked, hard downshifts, crazy backfires, an embarrassment to roll through an intersection at slow speeds. Last night we went to grab food, she fell asleep on the way home. That is till we hit the stretch of 85 by the airport. šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t speak for speed cause Iā€™m not that guy, yet. But overall drivability, Roush should really take notes.
I don't understand how Roush was able to screw up some of these 2021 tunes. I wonder if anyone has a 2021 with the Roush cal that has good drivability or are they all that bad.

As I have said before, the calibration for 2018s (and presumably '19s and '20s) is excellent....perfect idle, smooth all the way to redline and exceptionally good transmission behavior.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Mine is a 2018. It never ran as good as it does now. Now, mind you, this is my first 500+ hp car also. I had no expectations with the Roush tune and was overall happy with it. Just assumed that was what you get with 700+ hp car and itā€™s drivability. I reset the trans a couple times and used different driving strategies but always reverted back to the same issues. Once I got the new tune, I just have a more enjoyable street drive.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a 2018. It never ran as good as it does now. Now, mind you, this is my first 500+ hp car also. I had no expectations with the Roush tune and was overall happy with it. Just assumed that was what you get with 700+ hp car and itā€™s drivability. I reset the trans a couple times and used different driving strategies but always reverted back to the same issues. Once I got the new tune, I just have a more enjoyable street drive.
Now I am completely baffled. I thought you had a 2021. For me, the best thing about the Roush kit is the tune....the better than stock drivability along with apparent engine durability. Requiring a custom tune would have defeated the entire purpose of getting a Roush kit as far as I am concerned.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Mine drives better than my stock 2019 did. Its just smoother all around. But I also switched from the A10 to the 6 speed.

Unless your in the boost you cannot tell the car is not stock. Mine is a daily driver and I drive a lot. Zero complaints so far. It even gets the same 24 mpg on the highway.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Mine drives better than my stock 2019 did. Its just smoother all around. But I also switched from the A10 to the 6 speed.

Unless your in the boost you cannot tell the car is not stock. Mine is a daily driver and I drive a lot. Zero complaints so far. It even gets the same 24 mpg on the highway.
On mine, throttle tip-in in normal mode is a little softer than stock. I like that when in stop & go traffic. Sport+ or just putting the shifter in sport mode sharpens up the tip-in. Shifts in normal mode - both up and down - are as smooth as my Lincoln and better than stock.

The first phase 2 cal had a lot of torque management in the shifts. It felt like someone shut off the engine briefly between shifts. I nearly got a custom tune to correct that. Fortunately, the later cals totally fixed that. They are silky smooth at part throttle but crisp and firm at heavy throttle.

I did exchange emails with Wengerd. He has a good reputation for sure. I would kind of like an E85 tune for use at the strip but it is not worth the expense to me. I suspect his E85 tune along with the needed supporting mods would be pretty awesome, though.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
So apparently the 2650 is still reasonably efficient at higher RPM. I suspect...but am only guessing....that iat2 is higher and becomes a larger concern at the higher rpm? Seems that many guys with custom tunes end up with cooling mods.
I upgrade cooling before I did any other mods. These blower are notorious for high iat2 stock calibration and stock shift points. But yea the higher the rpm the more your iat2 is going to increase.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2650 rotor pack is plenty efficient at this boost and power level.

I believe whatā€™s holding back the top-end power of the roush kit is:

1. IAT - If you watch FX2Beastā€™s videos you can see his IAT2 climb rapidly at wot. It isnā€™t hurting him on E85 but on pump gas it will pull timing to avoid knock, as it should.

2. Cam timing - The roush cal keeps the intake cam advanced at high rpm. This is an easy fix by a tuner. From the looks of the tuned dyno curves, fixing this doesnā€™t add power but it does extend the usable rpm range.

3. TB - I suspect the supplied throttle body is restricting flow some up top.
Even on stock roush calibration once I installed the killer chiller I didn't have issues with timing pulled. When I went custom tune on 93 still didn't have issues with timing being pulled. My tuner pulls timing at 140 degrees on the iat2. I think I've seen 140 maybe once.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, I wonder if custom tunes like Mr. Beast has may be more prone to high iat2s. At the strip, my stock Roush tune gains 15-18 degrees between the burnout box and the end of the quarter. I have seen a high of 140 crossing the traps in 80 degree weather.
But what was your DA? I'm doing passes in 95Ā° 2800 DA plus on a custom tune and my iat2 didn't even see 140. More boost will create more heat but even now being on 15 lbs of boost I still don't see 140 temps and I'm in Texas heat atm.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I upgrade cooling before I did any other mods. These blower are notorious for high iat2 stock calibration and stock shift points. But yea the higher the rpm the more your iat2 is going to increase.
In my climate, I have no heat issues with the p2 cal. I know an E85 tune is good for power and knock resistance. I wonder if the cooling effect of ethanol would also be helpful with iat2.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 mile initial impressions, don't laugh.

-need new tires. 305 nitto g2's are not going to cut it. not talking about launching or going to the track. just daily driving.

-drivability is insane. can't believe how smooth and linear the power is. very deceiving. several times I thought I let off at 65 was actually doing 80 or 85. love the low end torque on this thing.

-idle is very smooth. also driving around the parking lot or drive through in 1st or 2nd is super easy. in the 90s this would not be possible with 700+ hp.

-heat never seemed to be a problem. I didn't think it would be on the street though. ac stayed cold the whole time even after the mini pulls and sitting in traffic and whatnot. this in super humid Florida btw. the cooling fan trick is pretty cool that works well

-the gearing of the 6 speed and 3.55s is perfect for this. I like to have longer gears with big power.

-overall very impressed with this package. imo its the perfect combination of comfort, performance, daily fun, and cost. this will be my daily driver for the next few years.

tempImage8e2yi3.png
It's definitely more torquay. When I was stock with just roush blower I was getting beat by n/a mustangs with bolt ons lol.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my climate, I have no heat issues with the p2 cal. I know an E85 tune is good for power and knock resistance. I wonder if the cooling effect of ethanol would also be helpful with iat2.
The E85 switch will not change any iat2 temp. The iat2 temp is post blower. The e85 is just cooling your cylinder walls.