Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Uship.com and Montway who couldn't find a driver so they contracted out to someone else who had a spot open up at the last minute. Mine was $1200 one way.
Honestly if I cant get someone within a decent driving distance to do the work, I would not do it. Just not worth the aggravation.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Uship.com and Montway who couldn't find a driver so they contracted out to someone else who had a spot open up at the last minute. Mine was $1200 one way.
Was that enclosed carrier?

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Does the Roush intercooler pump run with ignition on engine off or only when engine is on?

I was trying to verify coolant flow in the degas tank today and it’s hard to tell with the vibration from the engine.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I think some techs wire it differently. My pump only runs when the engine is running. However, Roush told me that it can run when the engine and ignition are off if the coolant reaches a certain temp. There is a sensor in the heat exchanger. I have never experienced that, however.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Does the Roush intercooler pump run with ignition on engine off or only when engine is on?

I was trying to verify coolant flow in the degas tank today and it’s hard to tell with the vibration from the engine.
It is difficult to tell if the pump is running unless you are under the car with your hand on the pump. You can feel it vibrating. If it is wired to run with the engine off but ignition on, you should be able to hear it or maybe see some movement in the degas bottle.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I wish one of you roush folks would post a high density log of load and spark timing data on 93….

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I wish one of you roush folks would post a high density log of load and spark timing data on 93….
What variables would that be? What condition would you like the logs? Full throttle? Pull in 3rd? I'll do it once I get new tires on there in a week or 2.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
What variables would that be? What condition would you like the logs? Full throttle? Pull in 3rd? I'll do it once I get new tires on there in a week or 2.
Are you still running a VMP tune?

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
ngauge.... vmp tuned
Rpm
Speed
Load
Spark timing
Knock retard
IAT
IAT2/MCT
DI EOI (intake) #1 if available
Gdi blend
Hpfp duty cycle if available
Lpfp duty cycle if available
Fuel lift pump pressure

A pull from 3500 to 7500 rpm would be best, preferably in a gear that tops out around 95 mph (for “rolling dyno” purposes).