Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Just got a price from Bill Currie Ford in Tampa, $10.2k includes tax, works out to around $9750. Better but not great.

Thought about the Granger thing but logistics and shipping costs ruled that out.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man oh man it seems a lot of these Roush authorized dealers are only good to sell the car and are a major disappointment on the service side. You would think Roush would require the dealership to have a certified Roush tech?
Agree...u never know what or who you're going to get.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
$1400-$1600 is a fair price for install and if you can get the kit at a discount it’s a big help!

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1400-$1600 is a fair price for install and if you can get the kit at a discount it’s a big help!
I want to find either a dealer or ASE MECHANIC that has experience doing these...don't want to be someones experiment 🤪. Would not mind buying the kit myself if I felt confident in the mechanic.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Buy one from lethal for $8000, Install yourself, and put $2000 in an account for “self-warranty”.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Buy one from Beefcake for under 7k, avoid your state sales tax and have free shipping.

Disclaimer: Not sure what he is charging now but you will not beat his price.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Buy one from lethal for $8000, Install yourself, and put $2000 in an account for “self-warranty”.
I’d need a lot more than 2000 to warrant myself 😂 not to mention the 2000 would be spent on more parts before the kit even arrived.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Just got a price from Bill Currie Ford in Tampa, $10.2k includes tax, works out to around $9750. Better but not great.

Thought about the Granger thing but logistics and shipping costs ruled that out.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point.
I would jump on that. I would be careful shipping right now they are short drivers and I barely got mine picked up from Granger. Took 5 days to find a driver.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to increase the voltage to the fuel pump through the ecu calibration?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Is it possible to increase the voltage to the fuel pump through the ecu calibration?
There is a table that appears to do just that but I played with the values and it made no difference. The max dc is set at 49 and you can change that to 49.9 if that last 1.8% helps. I did find that playing with the command signal FPC slope and offset could manipulate the voltage but I’m adjusting a dw400+bap down to reduce idle pressure. I’m not sure what affect it would have going the other way on the stock pump.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man oh man it seems a lot of these Roush authorized dealers are only good to sell the car and are a major disappointment on the service side. You would think Roush would require the dealership to have a certified Roush tech?
Wow, I was always under the impression that they were all certified Roush technicians?!?!?
You mean that they are not? That is highly likely why we are seeing these issues with some of these cars.
I would have thought that Roush would have wanted their own certified techs in the different dealerships.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
There is a table that appears to do just that but I played with the values and it made no difference. The max dc is set at 49 and you can change that to 49.9 if that last 1.8% helps. I did find that playing with the command signal FPC slope and offset could manipulate the voltage but I’m adjusting a dw400+bap down to reduce idle pressure. I’m not sure what affect it would have going the other way on the stock pump.
I have been told that the latest P2 cal for 18-20s does increase the voltage. I have a DW400 and that cal. My car runs perfectly...idle, cruising or WOT so I guess it doesn't really matter to me. That was supposedly one of the tweaks they made to counter the low fuel pressure that several guys experienced with the first P2 cals.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Wow, I was always under the impression that they were all certified Roush technicians?!?!?
You mean that they are not? That is highly likely why we are seeing these issues with some of these cars.
I would have thought that Roush would have wanted their own certified techs in the different dealerships.
I’ve Spoke with two roush dealerships and both had a dedicated “Roush guy”. I would imagine it’s the same everywhere. Bold move on roush’s part if they didn’t. Yes

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I would jump on that. I would be careful shipping right now they are short drivers and I barely got mine picked up from Granger. Took 5 days to find a driver.
Who did you ship with?