Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
@Fx2beast you mentioned in your video your best 93 octane 60-130 was 6.4x range. Was that the same setup and weather as when you pulled upper 130’s?
Nope. It was alot cooler out. It was still low 70s outside.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Tucaz520

I think it would be time for Roush to send one of their Field Techs down and to fix the problem.
Or for Roush to cover the tow bill to bring your car to them and have them fix it right.
You have suffered more than enough and time for Roush to really Step Up.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I took the car in today and had the latest Roush CAL (Engine management software) uploaded. The tech put on the work order "Reset VID block parameters to 710 REVS to adjust for tire size". My speedometer was reading 2 mph lower than GPS speed before and now it shows 6 mph lower than GPS speed. I definitely will need to correct that, as it is asking for a ticket........on the flip side, it will show the car the accumulating mileage slower...actually I don't care about that part.

I'm hoping that ForScan can correct it.

Interestingly, the tech took my car in immediately and in 10 minutes let me know they were having trouble communicating with the Roush servers and was sure it was not on the dealership end. I emailed Roush and in 30 minutes received an email from Roush informing me they were in contact with the dealer and gave them the information they needed. 30 minutes later, my car was ready. Now I still have to see if the update fixed my 3rd gear issue of not being able to rev past 5700 rpm.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have had two cars into two dealers and it's always "Roush is down" when it comes to a tune. This was pre- and post-covid. That is why I take my car in on a Monday and always get a loaner car. My dealer's have been great in that respect. That includes install's and warranty work.

It does not discount what some users are going through with the new models though. Shit's weak...

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Fx2beast you mentioned in your video your best 93 octane 60-130 was 6.4x range. Was that the same setup and weather as when you pulled upper 130’s?
Here is 2019 Roush Phase 2 manual with Roush calibration with only mod of long tube headers on the dyno. SAE 677/586 at the wheels. Very impressive!

That's a good number but also ideal for a car cooled down doing one pull. Curious how much that number would have dropped doing back to back pulls no cool down.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
How much time is normal between dyno pulls? If the operator keeps the engine running with some rpm and fans on, it should lose the heat pretty quickly. Shutting it down would create even more heat, though.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
One thing I like about the P2 Roush cal is the low and mid range power. You don't have to rev it to the moon. The higher revving kits might have advantages at the strip but as a daily, the Roush is impressive. This video has been shown before but the comparison with a Whipple is interesting. The Whipple makes a bit more power but winds to 7700 to get it compared to 7000 for the Roush. Also, the operator specifically says torque 576 "pull after pull."

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
One thing I like about the P2 Roush cal is the low and mid range power. You don't have to rev it to the moon. The higher revving kits might have advantages at the strip but as a daily, the Roush is impressive. This video has been shown before but the comparison with a Whipple is interesting. The Whipple makes a bit more power but winds to 7700 to get it compared to 7000 for the Roush.
That’s more so boost than cal related. The roush is pullied way faster and makes more boost than the Whipple stage 2, which helps the midrange but can hurt top-end if the blower becomes inefficient or the intercooler can’t keep up.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Do the custom tuners like VMP, PBD, Wengard, etc. raise the shift points and rev the engine higher when they tune the Roush?

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the custom tuners like VMP, PBD, Wengard, etc. raise the shift points and rev the engine higher when they tune the Roush?
Yea ofc. I shift at like 7600

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yea ofc. I shift at like 7600
So apparently the 2650 is still reasonably efficient at higher RPM. I suspect...but am only guessing....that iat2 is higher and becomes a larger concern at the higher rpm? Seems that many guys with custom tunes end up with cooling mods.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
So apparently the 2650 is still reasonably efficient at higher RPM. I suspect...but am only guessing....that iat2 is higher and becomes a larger concern at the higher rpm? Seems that many guys with custom tunes end up with cooling mods.
The 2650 rotor pack is plenty efficient at this boost and power level.

I believe what’s holding back the top-end power of the roush kit is:

1. IAT - If you watch FX2Beast’s videos you can see his IAT2 climb rapidly at wot. It isn’t hurting him on E85 but on pump gas it will pull timing to avoid knock, as it should.

2. Cam timing - The roush cal keeps the intake cam advanced at high rpm. This is an easy fix by a tuner. From the looks of the tuned dyno curves, fixing this doesn’t add power but it does extend the usable rpm range.

3. TB - I suspect the supplied throttle body is restricting flow some up top.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Again, I wonder if custom tunes like Mr. Beast has may be more prone to high iat2s. At the strip, my stock Roush tune gains 15-18 degrees between the burnout box and the end of the quarter. I have seen a high of 140 crossing the traps in 80 degree weather.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
100 mile initial impressions, don't laugh.

-need new tires. 305 nitto g2's are not going to cut it. not talking about launching or going to the track. just daily driving.

-drivability is insane. can't believe how smooth and linear the power is. very deceiving. several times I thought I let off at 65 was actually doing 80 or 85. love the low end torque on this thing.

-idle is very smooth. also driving around the parking lot or drive through in 1st or 2nd is super easy. in the 90s this would not be possible with 700+ hp.

-heat never seemed to be a problem. I didn't think it would be on the street though. ac stayed cold the whole time even after the mini pulls and sitting in traffic and whatnot. this in super humid Florida btw. the cooling fan trick is pretty cool that works well

-the gearing of the 6 speed and 3.55s is perfect for this. I like to have longer gears with big power.

-overall very impressed with this package. imo its the perfect combination of comfort, performance, daily fun, and cost. this will be my daily driver for the next few years.

tempImage8e2yi3.png