Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
My Mustang was getting hard to start and would die a red lights but no codes
took it to a Roush dealer they said throttle body was sticking had one overnighted by Roush installed it and a new updated flash. I swear it runs better than it ever did
Anyone else had this problem?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Would Ford consider it a lemon or would they just blame it on the addition of the supercharger
Beechmont Ford kind of made it sound like it was not gonna fall under lemon law until they can determine if it was a Ford issue or a Roush issue. If it turns out to be a Roush issue then its up to Roush to make it right.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
As of this morning Tindol said they heard from Roush and before the first tune was put on there was a code for ignition coil circuit which has been looked over up until today. They were going to look into that and take to PCM and BCM back to stock and install another Roush tune.

When i pressed for an estimated time of completion the said they just got the info to the tech so "hopefully" this afternoon or in the morning. The car hasnt been started up yet.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Beechmont ford has stayed true to their word on day one. They kept in contact and put pressure on Roush. Maybe not enough though. Roush asked for my contact info and said they would call me but never did. Beechmont did send me a copy of an email they got from Roush stating they are not getting sufficient data from Tindol. In the same email they claim to have never seen an issue like this on a new install lol.

Proshop if you have your Roush case number is there any chance you could text it to me so i can tell them to reference that.

Beechmont said if they have to they will go above warranty and tech department at Roush.

now the kicker is they have ran so much fuel through this car its sitting at 1/4 tank. so if it is fuel related they will never get it fixed. i was very sure to drop it off with more than 3/4 of a tank.

my request for a loaner car form Tindol has been ignored again.
Tell them you want this one instead!
BF33BE8A-EE08-4D80-AB2E-1EFBB0918FE7.jpeg

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
absolutely speechless now. This entire time Roush has been chasing an issue that does not exist. Tindol took it upon themselves to determine it has a rough idle on cold start. I never once experienced that. You guys as my witness i have been very specific of the what, how and when of this issue. I was just as detailed if not more with Tindol but obviously that has fallen on deaf ears.
after talking to Roush on the phone i could hear the WTF in his voice when i told him exactly what the problem was.
Roush wants me to go the Tindol tomorrow and drive the car while the tech data logs the car. With any luck i can get Roush on the phone while its happening.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
absolutely speechless now. This entire time Roush has been chasing an issue that does not exist. Tindol took it upon themselves to determine it has a rough idle on cold start. I never once experienced that. You guys as my witness i have been very specific of the what, how and when of this issue. I was just as detailed if not more with Tindol but obviously that has fallen on deaf ears.
after talking to Roush on the phone i could hear the WTF in his voice when i told him exactly what the problem was.
Roush wants me to go the Tindol tomorrow and drive the car while the tech data logs the car. With any luck i can get Roush on the phone while its happening.
Roush customer service is usually top notch, hopefully they'll get this figured out for you! I would drive the same way you can make it cause the issue that way when they datalog it hopefully triggers the issue and then they can figure out what's going on. Even if it doesn't throw a light and you're getting close to it, they usually can see it in the logs.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would have thought the first logical thing to do would be to run a log and try to make the CEL come on while logging. As WOTPULLS says, even if there is no light, they should be able to see what is going on or what parameter is marginal.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
another swing and a miss from Tindol.

I was excited to go out and drive the car with the tech to pinpoint the issue and get a fix going. unfortunately I was ignored by Tindol last night and when I followed up this morning I was told they will not send a tech out with me and that they can replicate the problem on their own. They said they have a tune ready and will install it and let me know. This is now the 3rd tune they are installing.
I immediately called Roush to let them know and he said he just needs the tech to be willing to work with him and follow his diag instructions.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
No way in hell I would ever deal with Tindol!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Before this, I'd only heard good things about Tindol. My coworker bought his Stage 3 from them and they have treated him well in the service department.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Gotta be careful in this heat. What are your iat2 during pulls?
Yeah I know and you know how the heat is down here just like yours. I usually try and get it below 130 or lower before I do a wot pull. I can’t wait to get the KC and winter to come!

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
More lip service today. I will say at this point the service adviser at Tindol has changed her attitude and is not happy. They were supposed to install a tune today but the car was never started. I asked if it was installed and did not get a response. I have started documenting everything I can because im sure this is going to get ugly.

please feel free to take a look at the documentation i have and make suggestions.

I only put info on this sheet that I can back up with screen shots.

Attachments

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
More lip service today. I will say at this point the service adviser at Tindol has changed her attitude and is not happy. They were supposed to install a tune today but the car was never started. I asked if it was installed and did not get a response. I have started documenting everything I can because im sure this is going to get ugly.

please feel free to take a look at the documentation i have and make suggestions.

I only put info on this sheet that I can back up with screen shots.
Wow, what a mess.

Is there any way that Roush can have your car towed to the nearest Roush dealership? I don't think it's Roush that is dragging their feet, but I may be wrong. I hate to say, but I Tindol is working on other cars and not really interested in working on yours.

I hope you get it sorted soon man. Best of luck.
That's a good spreadsheet. Definitely keep going with it.
Document EVERYTHING!