Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
The cap was clean and didn't have any debris or anything around the filler area. I did notice I was missing the clamps as well. I will add some clamps to them and switch them to the proper orientation. I would imagine if the clamps were causing the leak they would have seen that during the smoke test...

Possible theory. Since it only seems to happen after heavy throttle or sport mode maybe the movement of the engine combined with no clamps is providing enough flex in the house for the leak?
anything's possible haha. I once had a fuel line pop off of a fuel pump when i would start the car and when i shut the car off it would reattach. Each time I opened up the access panel to check the fitting it looked attached... had my head spinning for about 3 weeks til i tried it with the access panel off. Everything looks plugged in too right?

That electrical harness. maybe disconnect and reconnect making sure there is no dirt and make sure the "safety latch" latches for a good connection.

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10speed
anything's possible haha. I once had a fuel line pop off of a fuel pump when i would start the car and when i shut the car off it would reattach. Each time I opened up the access panel to check the fitting it looked attached... had my head spinning for about 3 weeks til i tried it with the access panel off. Everything looks plugged in too right?

That electrical harness. maybe disconnect and reconnect making sure there is no dirt and make sure the "safety latch" latches for a good connection.
Yeah everything looked good except for the switched positions and no clamps. I'll add some clamps and swap the lines later today and see what happens

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Any issues with your KC so far? Do you DD it?
That’s what my local tuner is saying but I will likely go to PBD for their optimized 93 tune and have them tweak it further to take advantage of the KC. Will also have them raise the rev limiter and remove the speed limiter ::)

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That’s what my local tuner is saying but I will likely go to PBD for their optimized 93 tune and have them tweak it further to take advantage of the KC. Will also have them raise the rev limiter and remove the speed limiter ::)
Oops! I meant to link this to the post suggesting that a tweak to the tune might take advantage of the cooler IATs.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Still haven't got to run since the Killer Chiller, but I did see a 2020 Roush run some mid 11's in the Florida heat a week or 2 ago... anyone else run in this heat lately?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Still haven't got to run since the Killer Chiller, but I did see a 2020 Roush run some mid 11's in the Florida heat a week or 2 ago... anyone else run in this heat lately?
We have had upper 90s and high humidity for over a week and no cooler weather in sight. I do not care to have my a/c off, windows up and helmet on even for a short time in these conditions. 🥵

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I'm debating on if I should go... it's just such a far drive and I still haven't installed a BAP

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I'm debating on if I should go... it's just such a far drive and I still haven't installed a BAP
I don't know much about KCs but I thought the primary benefit was to be able to race in hot weather and have iat2 about the same as ambient.

Did VMP suggest a BAP with their tune?

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I don't know much about KCs but I thought the primary benefit was to be able to race in hot weather and have iat2 about the same as ambient.

Did VMP suggest a BAP with their tune?
Yes.... I have also got the low fuel pressure code on the back half before. I clear it and it never comes back under normal driving... so I want to be safe...

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
One caution around the bap is this: the fuel pressure is controlled between 65 and 73 psi depending on fuel flow and engine rpm. The in-tank relief valve is set at 80 psi. If you install a typical vmp/lethal bap, the fuel pressure pegs at 80 psi and is no longer controllable by the pcm, which adds heat to the fuel and shortens the life of the pump. According to vmp, this is normal and of no concern. However, I figured out how to get it under control but I’m not sure if any “big name tuners” even know how. The roush tune certainly won’t control it properly.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
finally took delivery of mine last wed.
What should have been a fun drive home from Cincinnati to Charlotte turned into a pain because it was raining most of the way but that was probably best for engine break in anyway.

Dyno sheet shows 619.8 to the wheels post install and 374.5 pre install. The install took place after the latest tune update from Roush.

700 miles in and i decide to let her eat a bit and it triggered a check engine light. I pulled it into the shop and scanned it right away and got a random misfire code. Also a code for AC out side of normal testing range or something like that. The engine bay did seem to have a lot of heat in it. temp guage and oil temp guage were both in the center so there was no over heat. i cleared the code let it cool and drove home easy.

plan on taking it to a roush dealer sometime next week.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
What should have been a fun drive home from Cincinnati to Charlotte turned into a pain because it was raining most of the way but that was probably best for engine break in anyway.

Dyno sheet shows 619.8 to the wheels post install and 374.5 pre install. The install took place after the latest tune update from Roush.

700 miles in and i decide to let her eat a bit and it triggered a check engine light. I pulled it into the shop and scanned it right away and got a random misfire code. Also a code for AC out side of normal testing range or something like that. The engine bay did seem to have a lot of heat in it. temp guage and oil temp guage were both in the center so there was no over heat. i cleared the code let it cool and drove home easy.

What kind of dyno and correction and fuel? Do you happen to have the graph?
That’s the highest reported hp of a 2021

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

I've never heard of a Roush HP so high. I'd like to see your numbers.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL