Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Hello Gents, been awhile.
I got a decent deal on some F14s and they came with front runners and ET street Rs, I never bothered to notice they were 26s instead of the 28s my PP1 stock wheels were. Besides looking funny on the car, they make my car sit low enough where I scrape my driveway pretty badly. Would the 28s be a performance loss at the track with an A10 car? (I bought a curb ramp hoping to stop my scraping with the 26s)

Also I can only find front runners in 28 tall in bias ply. Is that correct or am I missing something, thanks.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Question for those of you that had the Roush Phase 2 calibration and then switched to a custom tune. Do you think the performance and transmission shift improvement is significant enough over the Roush Phase 2 calibration to warrant going that route or knowing what you know now would you have stayed with the Roush Phase 2 calibration? Thanks!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Question for those of you that had the Roush Phase 2 calibration and then switched to a custom tune. Do you think the performance and transmission shift improvement is significant enough over the Roush Phase 2 calibration to warrant going that route or knowing what you know now would you have stayed with the Roush Phase 2 calibration? Thanks!
To piggyback on this good question, now that nGauge is dead, what are PBD and VMP using?

(I am not sure anyone with the latest P2 tune has gone custom, yet. It is a lot better than the original P2 tune.)

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
I will also add... Don't spill that shit on ANYTHING! I can see why it turns yours plugs orange. Last time I put some in (hardly ever) I pulled the funnel out and somehow I got little droplets on the side of the car below the gas tank. I walked into the house to get a towel and before I even got back it was dried on the car and was dark black. It came off with no problem but I'm glad I noticed it!
Boostane melted my paint šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I had the original Roush p2 tune then switched to a custom from PBD. I never did any logging with the original Roush p2 tune but, subjectively, I thought the PBD tune was just as good if not marginally better than the Roush tune.

It seemed to me the 93 octane PBD tune felt more violent doing pulls as in the power came on quicker. It also seemed to make more attempts to manage heat by forcing fans to full speed and keeping the fans on longer after the car was off or idling. I donā€™t remember the Roush doing this without the p2 button trick. I never encountered major heat soak issues with the Roush or PBD tune. Again, no real data to back this up, just my impressions.

Is the PBD tune worth it over Roush? For me it was because I went the e85 route and I enjoy messing with my car. If I was looking for a more ā€œhands offā€ approach I may have stuck with the Roush tune.

PBD is using something now called a uCAL. I guess I got one of the last Ngauges so I donā€™t know much about the uCALs.

Pic of my engine attached. 1st post but been lurking since the pages were a lot less numerus.

20210416_112709.jpg

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had the original Roush p2 tune then switched to a custom from PBD. I never did any logging with the original Roush p2 tune but, subjectively, I thought the PBD tune was just as good if not marginally better than the Roush tune.

It seemed to me the 93 octane PBD tune felt more violent doing pulls as in the power came on quicker. It also seemed to make more attempts to manage heat by forcing fans to full speed and keeping the fans on longer after the car was off or idling. I donā€™t remember the Roush doing this without the p2 button trick. I never encountered major heat soak issues with the Roush or PBD tune. Again, no real data to back this up, just my impressions.

Is the PBD tune worth it over Roush? For me it was because I went the e85 route and I enjoy messing with my car. If I was looking for a more ā€œhands offā€ approach I may have stuck with the Roush tune.

PBD is using something now called a uCAL. I guess I got one of the last Ngauges so I donā€™t know much about the uCALs.

Pic of my engine attached. 1st post but been lurking since the pages were a lot less numerus.

20210416_112709.jpg
Thanks for your feedback. How are you liking E85 on the Roush blower? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any feedback from anyone running E85 on the Roush 2650.

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for your feedback. How are you liking E85 on the Roush blower? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any feedback from anyone running E85 on the Roush 2650.
I actually made the switch last weekend so i havent had a whole lot of time with it but, so far, it rocks. Ran it out of 93 on Friday about a quarter mile from my fuel jugs. 7 miles to empty is actually zero with a Fore fuel hat FYI. The car really woke up with E (and no tune revisions yet) and runs smoother almost quieter.

The really weird thing, and i am not sure if it is by design or it is a mistake in the PBD tune, all the heat management tricks are turned off. The IC pump doesnt run with the door open and the fans don't run any extra. Ethanol is more tolerant to high intake temps so all that may be by design but the lack of noise when i shut off my car is eerie.

Hopefully, i will get some data to back all my talk up once the rain goes away but so far :rockon: .

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Look forward to hearing your feedback when you get more seat time on E85.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I actually made the switch last weekend so i havent had a whole lot of time with it but, so far, it rocks. Ran it out of 93 on Friday about a quarter mile from my fuel jugs. 7 miles to empty is actually zero with a Fore fuel hat FYI. The car really woke up with E (and no tune revisions yet) and runs smoother almost quieter.

The really weird thing, and i am not sure if it is by design or it is a mistake in the PBD tune, all the heat management tricks are turned off. The IC pump doesnt run with the door open and the fans don't run any extra. Ethanol is more tolerant to high intake temps so all that may be by design but the lack of noise when i shut off my car is eerie.

Hopefully, i will get some data to back all my talk up once the rain goes away but so far :rockon: .
what did you do to the fuel system for e85?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

20210416_112709.jpg
Hey, I got a question about your Mishimoto coolant tank. When the engine is cold should the level be at the lowest mark?

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
what did you do to the fuel system for e85?
ID1050x injectors, Fore dual pump system(ti auto 274s), single return regulator. The pumps are wired to run together. I may stage them in the future if fuel heat becomes an issue. I don't drive that much so it may be ok. Installation is tedious getting the AN fittings right but not overly difficult.

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey, I got a question about your Mishimoto coolant tank. When the engine is cold should the level be at the lowest mark?
Honestly, I have never really paid attention. I am not sure how accurate that site glass is. If the Mishimoto has sufficient volume, it may not fluctuate all that much. I just make sure the air/coolant interface is visible.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OK, thnx. I ask because today I saw it for the first time after install and the level was at the minimum mark. The engine was cold. Just wondering. Do you think it's made any difference in cooling?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That ET at that DA is awesome, In NJ temps in the fall, your car would FLY

U should be very happy with that ET IN AZ.