Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Ended up selling my car at a dealer. Got a better deal than I would have with vroom. Now looking at was originally 2003 lifenfinger zo6 corvette but has no been modded to 700rwhp @ 3200lbs. Only 13k miles.
You better keep hanging out :) The thread cannot die!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I have a 2019 GT with the newest Roush kit, by newest I mean the low air temp radiator/intercooler which keeps temps much lower than the old setup.

I did get some things changed though, pulley drop, injectors and pump so its not the usual 710HP its more in the low 800's now (at the crank).

It drives perfectly fine, idles just like a NA does, drives around town just fine it has a slight whine/air noise but nothing like a whipple for instance. It drives much like an NA would but you can tell the difference in power throughout the rev range especially over 3k rpms.

You are right about the new tune also, they have made it now that it uses the power on hand much more efficiently and where it matters with a boost in overall HP.

Its awesome, and the warranty is peace of mind.
So I see you also did a pulley drop. What pulley did you go with? What challenges have you encountered with tuning / timing, intake temps, etc.? Did you go with an upgraded cooling system with the additional boost from the smaller pulley?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
So I see you also did a pulley drop. What pulley did you go with? What challenges have you encountered with tuning / timing, intake temps, etc.? Did you go with an upgraded cooling system with the additional boost from the smaller pulley?
Yeah... And his pulley drop isn't like the typical one here in the US.. His is apparently covered under warranty from Roush... Call them up.. Ask them if you can put on a smaller pulley under warranty... Good luck.

I believe he is still on a Roush tune, correct?

NM... you are quoting a post from 2019... I call BS on his facts...

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Left out the Throttle body but still Roush tuned.

Unsure on the temps, but as posted above its cool to the touch. I have not had any loss of power after mutiple WOT runs.
This is where I call BS... They did not warranty a pulley drop...

AND... There is no way in hell this blower is cool to the touch after a WOT run... I don't care if it's 32 degrees outside...

The reason why your tuner is telling you there is heatsoak at 160 degrees is because the TB is closing.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
TehEno has not made an appearance here since November, 2019.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is where I call BS... They did not warranty a pulley drop...

AND... There is no way in hell this blower is cool to the touch after a WOT run... I don't care if it's 32 degrees outside...

The reason why your tuner is telling you there is heatsoak at 160 degrees is because the TB is closing.
Mine was already cool right after also. Heat soak happens after the car has been sitting for a bit.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
I wonder if Roush's most recent tune leaned the A/F ratio a bit. Driving the 110 miles on the Interstate to the track yesterday, the computer recorded an average 26.1 MPG. That is about the same as when it was NA. While the computer may not be 100% accurate, the mileage is better than it was with the last tune. Seems to me that it just runs a bit smoother, too.
I regularly get 26 mpg on the interstate running 75 mph with my Stage 2 SC calibration.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Man... I wish.. I have to sit in line for an hour every day to pick up my boys from school.. They have a screwed up process to pick up kids due to Covid so if I don't get there early it takes even longer.. I filled up the other day and it said 135miles to empty.. Think I'm getting about 9.5miles per gallon now. When they are out of school I average about 13.5.. 90% of my driving is in town.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I feel your pain. I like to check it after a road trip. That is the only time it shows 278 miles to empty after a fill-up. All other times are barely 200.

Man... I wish.. I have to sit in line for an hour every day to pick up my boys from school.. They have a screwed up process to pick up kids due to Covid so if I don't get there early it takes even longer.. I filled up the other day and it said 135miles to empty.. Think I'm getting about 9.5miles per gallon now. When they are out of school I average about 13.5.. 90% of my driving is in town.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
I feel your pain. I like to check it after a road trip. That is the only time it shows 278 miles to empty after a fill-up. All other times are barely 200.
The computer uses so an amount of the last driven miles to estimate distance to empty. It helps to also reset the trip for a better estimate.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So what’s the opinion on the stage 2 Roush? Is it just for the guys wanting a warranty? If a person was wanting to buy a car and put a blower on it is this still the best option because of warranty. Or should they wait till warranty runs out and get a different blower?
Knowing what is out there now would any of you with the Roush go to a different kit?