Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My 2019 Roush Stage 3 hit the limiter at 156.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I sort of figured he may be exaggerating a little. He got the new CAL yesterday and thinks it added an additional 40 hp :).

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
If you are talking about running on the street vs on the track, you should be fine. BTW, if you break one while under warranty, Roush will cover it. The Stop the Hop Kit is an excellent way to attend to the wheel hop issue.

Now I will tell you what my spouse told me after I had spent thousands in upgrades...."You do know that you would not have spent much more if you had bought a Roush vehicle that already has all the upgrades plus more". Dang it, I couldn't find one in Need For Green. :)
If the warranty matters to you make sure to read it carefully. Changing anything in the drive train away from OEM including tires can void it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I haven't had a warranty issue with Roush and only know of a couple people that have, and they weren't asked such specific questions, as what tires are you running. But as they say your mileage may vary.

If the warranty matters to you make sure to read it carefully. Changing anything in the drive train away from OEM including tires can void it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I haven't had a warranty issue with Roush and only know of a couple people that have, and they weren't asked such specific questions, as what tires are you running. But as they say your mileage may vary.
When I was complaining about heatsoak with the P1 kit on my 2018 I told Roush that I was running DR's at the track. Sent them logs and everything with it closing the TB at 160 degrees. They mentioned the tires but didn't raise an issue. Sent the dealer the newer LTR overnight and flashed it to a new tune. There is a reason I went with the Roush P2 kit on my 2019. Fact is, running street tires is probably more detrimental to your car when it's boosted.

I highly doubt most dealers really care about the tires on your car when you take it in.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
My 2650 Roush is heavily modified and Roush Tech and Warranty has been great.
Good guys there.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
In talks to get my car tuned for Flex Fuel, will not run an E85r tune. Will probably fill it with E54 or E85 most of the time.

The shop is saying all I need is a DW440 drop in pump to run Flex Fuel. What do you guys think about this?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
In talks to get my car tuned for Flex Fuel, will not run an E85r tune. Will probably fill it with E54 or E85 most of the time.

The shop is saying all I need is a DW440 drop in pump to run Flex Fuel. What do you guys think about this?
I can't answer your question but am curious about who will tune it for flex fuel. Must be one of your local tuners?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I can't answer your question but am curious about who will tune it for flex fuel. Must be one of your local tuners?
Is this AEM? I wouldn't run e on boost without a full fuel system. But bare min upgrade injectors on top of your pump.

And it wouldn't be a flex tune, flex fuel is what they label e54 and above since it'll vary. Tune will likely assume e54 in the logic.

Edit: if my assumption is incorrect and they are actually doing a flex tune I'd be very interested to hear.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is this AEM? I wouldn't run e on boost without a full fuel system. But bare min upgrade injectors on top of your pump.

And it wouldn't be a flex tune, flex fuel is what they label e54 and above since it'll vary. Tune will likely assume e54 in the logic.

Edit: if my assumption is incorrect and they are actually doing a flex tune I'd be very interested to hear.
I imagine it would assume E85.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

It is BMR (Black Market Racing). I contacted them asked them if they would do a FF tune with the Roush Blower and they said sure. All I need is the pump. I mentioned that none of the big name tuners will tune it for FF and they said its just new technology.

I think I will ask them additional questions.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

I asked why no big name tuners will tune for FF and this is the response I got.

"As far as the flex fuel tune and people not wanting to- it is fairly new technology so if some tuners or shops aren't comfortable or familiar with it they will not steer you in that direction. However, if and when you can take advantage of it it is a no brainer as it is way better fuel and octane and way better for your engine and performance."

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I asked why no big name tuners will tune for FF and this is the response I got.

"As far as the flex fuel tune and people not wanting to- it is fairly new technology so if some tuners or shops aren't comfortable or familiar with it they will not steer you in that direction. However, if and when you can take advantage of it it is a no brainer as it is way better fuel and octane and way better for your engine and performance."
BMR is around the corner from me actually. Most of my work and dyno's have been done there. They use the ff from the Chevron at 48th and Broadway which is consistently e54. When I talked to them (albeit a couple years back) they would not do flex tuning even on NA at the time, just 2 separate tunes for pump and flex fuel. I'd be curious if they are actually doing a flex tune now, or if they are tuning specifically for flex fuel which assumes e54?

BTW good bunch there. Like I said most of my work has been done there and most future items will be too.