Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Hippieh8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Looks like the Gforce are same price. Do you really think it's necessary for a Phase II? I could do with a piece of mind. Peace of mind is good, too.
If you plan on hitting up a drag strip quite a bit you'll want them. It's the hard launches and wheel hop that kill them. I've done a full bmr suspension setup to prepare for the extra power.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What Hipper said above. If you are not drag racing, you will most likely be fine. You can do what-if scenarios and end up rebuilding the entire car. Steeda has Stop the Hop Kits that will take care of the issue of wheel hop and "wheel hop" is what breaks the axles. What you will definitely need is a good tire and there is no question about that.

Looks like the Gforce are same price. Do you really think it's necessary for a Phase II? I could do with a piece of mind. Peace of mind is good, too.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I was planning on getting the ultimate stop the hop kit. I won't need the axels with that? I don't plan on dragging a lot but I'd like to do it now then.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What Hipper said above. If you are not drag racing, you will most likely be fine. You can do what-if scenarios and end up rebuilding the entire car. Steeda has Stop the Hop Kits that will take care of the issue of wheel hop and "wheel hop" is what breaks the axles. What you will definitely need is a good tire and there is no question about that.
Yup. Did the DSS 1400hp shafts when they were on sale from Beef and BMR CB005 for the hop. If nothing else piece of mind for those particular froggy strip days.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you are talking about running on the street vs on the track, you should be fine. BTW, if you break one while under warranty, Roush will cover it. The Stop the Hop Kit is an excellent way to attend to the wheel hop issue.

Now I will tell you what my spouse told me after I had spent thousands in upgrades...."You do know that you would not have spent much more if you had bought a Roush vehicle that already has all the upgrades plus more". Dang it, I couldn't find one in Need For Green. :)

I was planning on getting the ultimate stop the hop kit. I won't need the axels with that? I don't plan on dragging a lot but I'd like to do it now then.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Last car had close to 100 launches at the strip with DR's and probably 50 on the stret. Traded it at 14k miles.. New one has probably 20 or more on the street and at least 30 on the strip :) Less than 1600 miles on the new one.

Drag radials are the single best upgrade you could do probably to reduce wheel hop. Not to say I haven't been lucky but both cars held up well to a bunch of abuse.

Side note, pretty sure I'm going to get the car tuned for Flex Fuel here real quick. Getting some quotes right now and they are suggesting just a DW drop in and the tune. May get headers but that will take longer and add a bunch more in $$$$... Think I may just tune it for now.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I have the Steeda stop the hop kit and get zero wheel hop on the street
DR's were probably the biggest improvement on the street for me, but damn, cradle lockouts and some suspension mods REALLY help at the strip. The radials got rid of the wheel hop mostly but the other stuff locked it down.

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
DR's were probably the biggest improvement on the street for me, but damn, cradle lockouts and some suspension mods REALLY help at the strip. The radials got rid of the wheel hop mostly but the other stuff locked it down.
What size DR were you using?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
+1 for some 555r2.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I plan on autocross, HPDE and drag strip, which is why I'm wanting axles. I'll get slicks eventually. May need to get a 6 point cage while I'm at it.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Does the Rouch SC tune elimate the 160mph limiter?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Does the Rouch SC tune elimate the 160mph limiter?
No the Roush tune retains the stock speed limiter at 155mph. If you want it raised you need a custom tune. If warranty is a non issue there is absolutely no reason to not get a custom tune and get a vast improvement to the car.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I have a buddy who swears he has hit 175 in his 2020 Roush. I have backed off at 150, so can not verify.

No the Roush tune retains the stock speed limiter at 155mph. If you want it raised you need a custom tune. If warranty is a non issue there is absolutely no reason to not get a custom tune and get a vast improvement to the car.