Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
In my opinion if you’re capable of doing them your self or are made out of money they’re pretty inexpensive.

I did not do them at first when I installed my Whipple but with Covid I got a couple months off and had extra money so I figured why not

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
In my opinion if you’re capable of doing them your self or are made out of money they’re pretty inexpensive.

I did not do them at first when I installed my Whipple but with Covid I got a couple months off and had extra money so I figured why not
I'm looking at a hellion top mount kit, I'm worried pushing that 900whp area with stock OPG and CS would be a dumb idea. Just the idea of paying 25% of a built shortblock to have them installed seems off putting

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at a hellion top mount kit, I'm worried pushing that 900whp area with stock OPG and CS would be a dumb idea. Just the idea of paying 25% of a built shortblock to have them installed seems off putting
Absolutely too much money because it is kind of a lengthy job but it’s not hard and there’s absolutely no reason if you have tools are competent you cannot Do them yourself

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Having done it, if you are mechanically inclined and have a weekend for the car to be down, you can do it yourself. Total cost=couple hundred bucks.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Absolutely too much money because it is kind of a lengthy job but it’s not hard and there’s absolutely no reason if you have tools are competent you cannot Do them yourself
Yeah I heard the only annoying part on the gen 3s is you have to drop the oil pan.

What's your opinion on twin turbos vs vortech? Obviously vortech is much cheaper, I could still push 900whp with one, but would the turbos be more "gentle" on the stock bottom end?

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
why not just buy the fore complete system i mean....
Show me where you can get a complete fore fuel system for 1500 please. I just orderd one and its 2k not including injectors and labor. Dw400, bap and injectors is a cheaper option for fuel system and works good to about 800whp on this gen 3 coyotes.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I heard the only annoying part on the gen 3s is you have to drop the oil pan.

What's your opinion on twin turbos vs vortech? Obviously vortech is much cheaper, I could still push 900whp with one, but would the turbos be more "gentle" on the stock bottom end?
All of them can go fast, all of them can break engines.

Im a pd blower guy.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80

Lowering the oil pan isn't too difficult, you don't have to take it out, just lower it so that the pickup tube comes out of the pump. You just need some 12" 1/4" extensions, a true swivel 10mm socket. It'll only add a couple of hours to the process. I did mine when I installed my Whipple.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Turbos are certainly safer for any given power level but my experience is that the kits aren’t exactly ready for prime-time so daily-driver levels of reliability shouldn’t be expected.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Turbos are certainly safer for any given power level but my experience is that the kits aren’t exactly ready for prime-time so daily-driver levels of reliability shouldn’t be expected.
My local tuner told me to stay away from turbos on the S550, thinks the same as you as drivability issues. I just want to run 8.999 lol

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local tuner told me to stay away from turbos on the S550, thinks the same as you as drivability issues. I just want to run 8.999 lol
Pretty much any of them will get you there

Like anything else that kind of time is going to equal weight reduction, suspension that seriously dialed in, And power

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Show me where you can get a complete fore fuel system for 1500 please. I just orderd one and its 2k not including injectors and labor. Dw400, bap and injectors is a cheaper option for fuel system and works good to about 800whp on this gen 3 coyotes.
Paid 1600 for mine not including injectors. Running 1000cc FIC.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
So going return style... what's involved making the upgraded fuel rails work with the roush?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Happy Thanksgiving!
You turkeys :)