Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 10 spd, Roush P2 FI, Track Pack Suspension
You guys without performance package, did the installer remove your active grill shutters or leave them on? Have you opened up the grill opening in front of the air intake?
The installer never took my shutters out. But, I'm planning on removing them in a few weeks, as I have a new screen for my grille as well as a couple Velossatech air scoops coming to me.

I use my car just for fun as I don't have any tracks near to me, but I did happen to punch it once last week on a cool, dry day and Holy Hell........what a difference the weather made that day! I checked the airport weather and it showed DA at 300 where most often we are around 3000. So, I'm all about getting the intake charge cooled off now without trying to spend a bunch of money.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The installer never took my shutters out. But, I'm planning on removing them in a few weeks, as I have a new screen for my grille as well as a couple Velossatech air scoops coming to me.

I use my car just for fun as I don't have any tracks near to me, but I did happen to punch it once last week on a cool, dry day and Holy Hell........what a difference the weather made that day! I checked the airport weather and it showed DA at 300 where most often we are around 3000. So, I'm all about getting the intake charge cooled off now without trying to spend a bunch of money.
I can't scientifically prove that removing the shutters makes a difference but since getting the SC, my engine temps and cylinder head temps both run cooler than before. The engine does take a little longer to reach maximum temps, though. My installer, who does a lot of SC installations highly recommended they be removed. With the sensor in the HE, I am not sure they would even fit. PP cars do not have the shutters in the first place. Likewise, I think opening up the closed areas of the grille can be helpful in getting outside air to the snorkel and to have more air going through the HE. I had done that long before getting the SC.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
You guys without performance package, did the installer remove your active grill shutters or leave them on? Have you opened up the grill opening in front of the air intake?

My car sure as hell does not run 100 iat2 temps in 50 degree weather when cruising down the highway. Low 90s at most. It will see 50 degree spread in 20-30 degree weather but as ambient temps increase, the spread narrows....until it stabilizes at 35-40.
Not sure why my last message came up blank..... but cruising isn't all that important. When you're cruising the car isn't generally in boost anyway. Make 4-5 back to back passes in 50 degree weather and idle a few minutes.... then tell me what you are seeing for IAT2's

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why my last message came up blank..... but cruising isn't all that important. When you're cruising the car isn't generally in boost anyway. Make 4-5 back to back passes in 50 degree weather and idle a few minutes.... then tell me what you are seeing for IAT2's
about 105-110 as long as those passes are 60-130 errr I mean 123mph. From a dig, without some cruise around between passes, I couldn't tell you but won't be great.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Oh yeah, that is entirely different and I get your point. Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about drag racing. Under the conditions you describe, I agree that iat2 would be well over 100 without cooling mods.[/QUOTE]

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Oh yeah, that is entirely different and I get your point. Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about drag racing. Under the conditions you describe, I agree that iat2 would be well over 100 without cooling mods.
[/QUOTE]

It's funny how much cruising around actually helps these setups.... I drove 2 hours to the strip and immediately got in line.... temps were 60-65 when i got there and iat2s when cruising in were around 110. Once I turned the car off the heat built up to where my cars iat2's were around 115-120 for the 1st few runs... once you start at 140 you may as well quit. The backend of the pass hits 160 and power goes to crap...

As soon as we had 5 minutes of driving at 60mph, the iat2's were back at 100 in 50 degree weather...lol

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I didnt realize my shudders were removed until i looked after my install, it was only after bruce told me his were removed:cwl:

I want a Mach 1 A10 but 60k
I cant justify it

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I didnt realize my shudders were removed until i looked after my install, it was only after bruce told me his were removed:cwl:

I want a Mach 1 A10 but 60k
I cant justify it
I could justify 60k for a RS3 but just for a Mach 1? Man seems steep for a Bullit v2.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My dealer, get this, trimmed the shudders for the larger LTR. AFTER Roush suggested they just remove them. Wasn't real impressed with thier logic of " we figured we'd leave them cause ford put them there". Lol How about "I want all available air hitting that damn LTR, ALL THE TIME!!!"

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I could justify 60k for a RS3 but just for a Mach 1? Man seems steep for a Bullit v2.
A10 is more like a PP1 with rear dif and trans coolers. Nothing special about the auto Mach1. Very little special about the Mach1 in general. Just a PP2 in manual with a Tremec.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A10 is more like a PP1 with rear dif and trans coolers. Nothing special about the auto Mach1. Very little special about the Mach1 in general. Just a PP2 in manual with a Tremec.
In my humble opinion

A Mach 1 with the track package will destroy a PP1 on a closed circuit?

It will also destroy a PP2 manual vs manual on a closed circuit too

We’re talking about a track package Mach 1, not a Mach 1 base?

But I agree its too $$$$

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The mach 1 with all the styling goodies is by far my favorite mustang. Like it better than the shelbys. With an SC id be very happy.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
In my humble opinion

A Mach 1 with the track package will destroy a PP1 on a closed circuit?

It will also destroy a PP2 manual vs manual on a closed circuit too

We’re talking about a track package Mach 1, not a Mach 1 base?

But I agree its too $$$$
I mean look. Maybe. We will see when they do track tests and the numbers come out. Because they are going to directly compare it to both the PP1 and PP2. My prediction at worst the exact same numbers as the PP2 due to the cup2 tires at best it might beat it by a couple tenths. But we shall see see. There’s absolutely nothing special about that car besides it’s reflector decals. The gears are the same being 3.73’s and 3.55 auto. The Tremec transmission although better will not give the car better times. So basically all we are relying on at this point is the rear diff cooler. So let’s see. But I guess we are getting off topic now. Lol. Personally I would rather have a boosted PP1 over a Mach1 any day.

donlx90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, JK Wrangler, 2019 Road King Special 114
Roast me

225EE67E-1EB1-47AE-9F3E-62227A900A10.jpeg