Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Are you absolutely sure it had 10 quarts of 5w50 in it at installation?
I have 23K miles on my SC Kit. Mine uses 1/2 qt every 10K miles. The PP1&2 cars take 10.5 qts at an oil change. The oil cooler adds about 1/2 qt

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m in the

I felt like I was reading a post that I didnt remember writing.
I recently purchased a used 2018GT with dealer installed Roush 2650 phase 1. My IAT2 were 50 above and I spoke with Gavin. He said that 40 above is ok, but 50 made him Leary lol.
I just received the free phase 2 upgrade today and installed it. I havnt had much time to get real data but its only 60 degrees here today. I will also say that the hose coming vertically out of the intercooler pump was kinked 90% when I took the lower cover off the other day. I did notice that my temps were a little better after unkinking that hoses.
I also dont like the fans running constsanly. If I do the VMP with dual fans, I will put them on a switch which is probably the best option. This new heat exchanger is a little thicker but not THAT much.
Skip on all that VMP stuff,do a Killer Chiller. No regrets here. IAT2s match ambient.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Skip on all that VMP stuff,do a Killer Chiller. No regrets here. IAT2s match ambient.
Have you talked to PBD about a custom tune? Curious how much more aggressive they can get with you a killer chiller .

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Have you talked to PBD about a custom tune? Curious how much more aggressive they can get with you a killer chiller .
The goofy roush phase 1 tune doesn’t add any borderline spark timing when you drop the MCT. Whipple doesn’t either. The predator cal adds 4 deg when you drop from 100 to 50 F. If you aren’t hitting max timing with knock advance then it won’t really matter anyway. But if you currently hit max knock timing advance then it would be easy to copy the predator MCT BK correction curve in there and it would open up more room for knock advance with the killer chiller.

donlx90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, JK Wrangler, 2019 Road King Special 114
The goofy roush phase 1 tune doesn’t add any borderline spark timing when you drop the MCT. Whipple doesn’t either. The predator cal adds 4 deg when you drop from 100 to 50 F. If you aren’t hitting max timing with knock advance then it won’t really matter anyway. But if you currently hit max knock timing advance then it would be easy to copy the predator MCT BK correction curve in there and it would open up more room for knock advance with the killer chiller.
I like what youre saying Mike. I am having my 2018 phase 1 car flashed to phase 2 on Tuesday. Roush already sent the new heat exchanger to me and Ive already installed it.
How could I go about getting that predator MCT BK correction curve to paste into my phase 2 tune? I have HP tuners with MPVI2.
Thanks!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I like what youre saying Mike. I am having my 2018 phase 1 car flashed to phase 2 on Tuesday. Roush already sent the new heat exchanger to me and Ive already installed it.
How could I go about getting that predator MCT BK correction curve to paste into my phase 2 tune? I have HP tuners with MPVI2.
Thanks!
Easy as pie. I’ve already transplanted a hybrid of it and the stock BK MCT correction into mine. With HPtuners it couldn’t be easier.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

I wish I understood... but it sounds really good.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
so you were finally able to monitor? matching ambient is awesome..... especially for the heat we have had here lately... do you still have the ltr or dis you remove it?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I just had a chance to do some data logging with the VMP tune. I see some positive knock values. What kind of values are you all seeing in your data logs for knockr and what is considered acceptable? This may have already been covered here. I did a search and didn’t find much.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I have had to add 2.5 quarts of oil since the supercharger was added and I've only put a little more than 3k miles on it. There is no way that is normal.
I just had a chance to do some data logging with the VMP tune. I see some positive knock values. What kind of values are you all seeing in your data logs for knockr and what is considered acceptable? This may have already been covered here. I did a search and didn’t find much.
after pbd tune ive seen it add (-) up to 10 degrees if you are seeing + it is retarding meaning you prob dont have good quality fuel or the timing is that agressive in the tune and it is having to retard it (+) so really depends on the timing/fuel maps but i would think they wouldnt be so aggressive with it so you see knock so i would think low quality gas/octane ive seen no knock with shell all the way up to 8400rpm and no additves

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
after pbd tune ive seen it add (-) up to 10 degrees if you are seeing + it is retarding meaning you prob dont have good quality fuel or the timing is that agressive in the tune and it is having to retard it (+) so really depends on the timing/fuel maps but i would think they wouldnt be so aggressive with it so you see knock so i would think low quality gas/octane ive seen no knock with shell all the way up to 8400rpm and no additves
I'm seeing positive up to
+1.65, but there was some wheel spin and I wasn't really in it too long. I'll do a longer 3rd gear pull and data log today. I'm had sheetz 93 octane in the tank.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
-10 deg knock retard at part throttle means the borderline knock tables are way off/poorly calibrated. These can be fairly easily calibrated such that you don’t see more then +/-2.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-10 deg knock retard at part throttle means the borderline knock tables are way off/poorly calibrated. These can be fairly easily calibrated such that you don’t see more then +/-2.
Is it OK to have knock up to +2? I’ll post a datalog later this evening.