Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
That's exactly what I needed.... thanks! So it's intermittent. I can hear it sometimes and not others..... I'm thinking about replacing the pump with a gt500 pump. Not sure yet....
I have never been able to hear mine at all. Only way I know it works is because iat2 levels are fine and when heatsoaked after parking, they drop like a rock when I start the car.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I have never been able to hear mine at all. Only way I know it works is because iat2 levels are fine and when heatsoaked after parking, they drop like a rock when I start the car.
same here.... the pump seems to work when it wants now.... I think im just gonna gt500 pump swap it and call it a day

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Thanks! It actually made 779 but they only did one conservative pull, up in the mountains. Back at sea level now should make more. Whipple Gen 5/132TB/3.625 pulley/E85/Long tubes/OPGS/1050X/Fore Dual Pump kit/Lund tuned.
Man, that is nasty! Car must run so good.
Must pull like a train!

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Man, that is nasty! Car must run so good.
Must pull like a train!
With this A10/3.15 gear it’s crazy. Traction control was lighting up on gear changes at or near triple digits (with Michelin Pilot 4S’)!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Now we will never see that 11.5! :) Damn... Sorry to hear about that.. Sucks when strips go away.. Keeps people off the streets.

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Just ordered a VMP tune for my 2015 w/ Phase 2 kit! Already has boost-a-pump, X pipe and Roush catback. It's a manual with 19" SVE 350s and Indy Firehawk 325s on the rear. I'm hoping after VMP is done that I'll have at least 625 whp, ideally closer to 650. Original owner's dyno sheet with install showed 580 which seems wicked low for P2, but know things can vary dyno to dyno so didn't think much of it.

Original plan was to replace the fuel injectors but my less exciting daily driver seized on the freeway last week and is likely FUBAR'ed and out of warranty, so not willing to drop another grand on injectors at the moment given that fiasco. =(

From what I can tell I'll be still unable to hit high 10s on perfect launches without injectors since I'm not an A10, but after putting in some seat time this summer I'll be giving it my best effort around August! Maybe with slicks though...?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So wanted to pick the brains of the guys running the p2 for a bit now. Here is my dilemma. There's a 20 gt non pp prem available at a local dealership. Priced very well especially with the 0% offers they have going. After a Roush p2 added to it I would in theory be out the door with a lower payment than my current 18 gt prem pp1. Current car is pushing 516whp/454wtq running e85 with lth, flex tune etc and support suspension/ other mods. It has been a working mod proj but dd for its life. Primary 3yr warranty is up in a couple months. Would the 3.15 in the non pp car on the p2 tune with 91 feel a little sluggish out of the gate in comparison? Here in AZ not only do we have heat but best standard pump is 91. We have e54 flex fuel in some areas with real e85 at only a couple places. If I went with the new car, I'd stay warranty friendly mods during the build at least at first. So all factors considered, and with all of your experience with the p2 (who knows when the new cal they are coming out with will be available) what path is more appealing? Keep modding existing, or start from scratch with the boosted option? Running 10s full weight would be appealing, especially with full warranty period available.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I've been squeezing the hose to test.... but without the car running and the key in the on position, I can normally hear it. When it's not working, I can't hear it...
Mine never runs unless the engine is running. With my temp sensor in the HE, mine only runs when the engine is running unless the PCM senses too much heat. I have NEVER heard it run without the engine running and then there is too much noise to hear it.