Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If I didn’t just get the car new or had it a few years I would get a custom tune from VMP ASAP just for transmission improvement more so than power improvement.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
The 2018+ Roush kits do not come with a bap. Roush told me that based on their testing, the stock pump was adequate. My dealer tech disagrees and so do I.

Roush included a bap on the 727 hp kit for gen 2 cars but not for 2018+ models. It would not surprise me of they do offer a bap eventually if the get enough reports of low fuel pressure codes.

There have been no engine failures that I am aware of. My pressure dropped to 36 psi at the point that my DTC appeared. However, DI pressure was 2200 so it was probably safe.
They probably rely more heavily on the direct injection and figured they wouldn't need the low pressure pump upgraded.

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was it a purely practical decision to get rid of the Mustang or were you tired of it? The first I totally understand, the second I definitely don’t. Then again this is the first seriously fast car I’ve ever had, maybe this is just one in a string of high performance cars for him (like a modded “Evolution IX”)
Purely practical. Loved my mustang. What’s not to love with 700whp.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I didn’t just get the car new or had it a few years I would get a custom tune from VMP ASAP just for transmission improvement more so than power improvement.
I was strongly in the trans tune is just fine so stop your bitching camp but the last 2 days have been absolutely awful, and just out of nowhere. Everything you're saying.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Beater pickup truck took a shit. Decided to stop buying $5,000 beater cars and just get one nice vehicle. Mustang is gone. I will be back in time and continue to check this thread as it’s always good for a laugh. Replaced the mustang with an F150. Ofcourse it has the 5.0 and the 3.55 gear Incase I throw a Whipple on it lol.
1849BB79-D282-459D-B061-F0B5CB797B53.jpeg
That's awesome Frank. Nice truck.
Congrats and enjoy.

I noticed at very low speeds coming to a stop and go traffics the trans can get confused and abruptly downshift
I've noticed that on mine the last couple of times I've taken her out. It's not all the time, but it's there.

I just pray to God that I never get a code or CEL in my car. I'll be VERY upset. The reason why I bought my second Roush is so I didn't have to worry about all these little issues/quirks. If I do and the economy is back to full strength, more than likely, I will consider trading it in and ordering a GT500. Not saying I will, but I would DEFINITELY consider it. My car costs almost as much as a GT500, so the payments will almost be the same, except for the insurance. The insurance will be a kick in the nutsack. :crazy: :facepalm:
I do get on the Roush every now and then and it does seem to go/drive really well, so far, but I have less than 1,100 miles on it. :giggle: lol
We'll see how it goes.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
They probably rely more heavily on the direct injection and figured they wouldn't need the low pressure pump upgraded.
Here is what my dealer tech said:

At WOT the port and direct injectors are flowing and the high pressure pump is commanding more flow which will deplete the low pressure system if the pump isn't keeping up with demand. The only two things there is the electrical system and the fuel pump. Electrical checks out...issue is the pump.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
For those of us who had kits installed, are our stock intake manifolds worth anything? I have the intake with TB, fuel rails, injectors, etc. just sitting around gathering dust.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Check engine light came on and threw a P0420 code. Any idea what this could be? Sheesh this is getting annoying!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
For those of us who had kits installed, are our stock intake manifolds worth anything? I have the intake with TB, fuel rails, injectors, etc. just sitting around gathering dust.
Yes.. People love the 18 intake manifold and they sell for $200 or more on ebay.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Check engine light came on and threw a P0420 code. Any idea what this could be? Sheesh this is getting annoying!
Catalytic converter.. Can't remember which side. I got the same code one day after doing a couple pulls to 130mph or so.

They replaced my cat under warranty cause it was toast.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Are emissions related items like cats covered under warranty longer than the normal Roush powertrain coverage?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
[
Catalytic converter.. Can't remember which side. I got the same code one day after doing a couple pulls to 130mph or so.

They replaced my cat under warranty cause it was toast.
I wouldn’t have FI without either a warranty of cat delete on a mustang.

Lorand2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorand
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
P0420 is driver's side cat I believe. Had it within months of owning my car. They replaced it under warranty. Currently dealing with a P0430 code which is passenger side cat. Roush clearly did not consider these cats to be an issue. Also, can anyone remind me what the CC trick is to turn the fans on? I know it was posted somewhere about 100 pages ago.