Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am not sure I would do it on a blue car. However, if you do, I would match the gloss black roof and gloss black wheels with gloss black stripes so it all ties together.

Lorand2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorand
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
At this point I'm considering going catless headers with a PBD/VMP tune since my car is a famous cat killer now. My warranty is out by the end of this year anyways. I know there are a few guys on here running aftermarket tunes. I don't know how safe these tunes are for us guys who didn't do the oil pump gears.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
At this point I'm considering going catless headers with a PBD/VMP tune since my car is a famous cat killer now. My warranty is out by the end of this year anyways. I know there are a few guys on here running aftermarket tunes. I don't know how safe these tunes are for us guys who didn't do the oil pump gears.
You can let the tuner know what you are looking for in terms of performance vs safety. Keep the shift points reasonable....72-7300 and a good spread between those and the rev limiter.

Custom tuners do not want you to blow up your engine. In many ways, a datalogged tune from a reputable tuner is safer than a canned tune.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldn’t do headers, just do Mak cat delete pipes, your only given up a teeny bit of power vs headers and it’s mucho cheaper, keep the tune shift points to 7300rpm and I wouldn’t worry about oil pump gears, crank sprocket

Now if your gonna spin it to 7700-7800, do catless long tubes, oil pump gears and crank sprocket

Just my opinion....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
A day without posts on this thread is like a day without sunshine.
:rain:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A day without posts on this thread is like a day without sunshine.
:rain:
Today it was 89 and sun, the next few days are gonna humid but by Friday and Saturday, beautiful. Glad I didn’t go to Atco Sunday, a few guys got 2 runs in 4 hours

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Does anybody know why the afr gauge on the dash reads richer than the ngauge reading by around .5? I would think they should be using the same sensor and have the same reading.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
We have had 90s here but a cold front is coming. It is supposed to be high 60s or low 70s on Wednesday. One one my tracks has an event on Wednesday night but rain is predicted. I can't go anyway until I get a new fuel pump.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I belive it was 14.0. And it's usually around 9.6 at WOT. And yes Phase 1.

9.6 AFR? That does sound rich for a boosted car. When I was tuning my 330whp Fiesta ST, I had my wot AFR in the mid 11's, which for that car was the typical target range.