Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I am leaning towards to the dealer who offered me $9500+tax for the kit and install. What would be the reasonable price should I ask for the negotiation? Btw $9500+tax was the negotiated price. They asked for $10500+tax but it included hood strut.
are you a member of the atlanta s550 group? if not you should ask this over there. They probably could give you advice if the dealer your leaning towards is good?

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
are you a member of the atlanta s550 group? if not you should ask this over there. They probably could give you advice if the dealer your leaning towards is good?
Yes I am. I did not specify what needs to be done, but asked people's experience with nalley and Akins ford

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have contacted two local roush dealers and one quoted me 9500+tax for the kit and install. They said they will not install the kit for safety reasons if I bring the kit to them.

Other dealer I contacted quoted 650 for the install but they sounded like either dont want to deal with me or doesn't know what they are talking about. And if my dealer at that time would have came thru With that price I would have taken it

First dealer sounded like the place to go but the price is too high. Any thoughts?
that’s a decent price for a purchase and install at a dealer. I paid $8400 but that was at a speed shop and includes a dyno and xpipe. It would be worth it for me to have bought the kit, had them install it, and get support from the same dealer. More skin In the game for them.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When you look at the power people are making with the P2, more and more I think Bruce is right about not needing more power. The funny thing is looking at tuned P1’s there not really making that much more vs a canned tuned P2, I’m hoping the revised tune corrects the trans up shifts just a tinge. That would make the tune perfect, I gotta race this sucker, it’s killing me :devil:

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
that’s a decent price for a purchase and install at a dealer. I paid $8400 but that was at a speed shop and includes a dyno and xpipe. It would be worth it for me to have bought the kit, had them install it, and get support from the same dealer. More skin In the game for them.
Yeah, this is the main reason why I wish to get installed by ford dealer instead of other ase certified shops.

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When you look at the power people are making with the P2, more and more I think Bruce is right about not needing more power. The funny thing is looking at tuned P1’s there not really making that much more vs a canned tuned P2, I’m hoping the revised tune corrects the trans up shifts just a tinge. That would make the tune perfect, I gotta race this sucker, it’s killing me :devil:
Atco is opening Friday-Sunday. I’m not going gonna be in the 80’s it’s pointless to me. But if your bored it’s $35 Friday. Saturday you can’t race it’s for junior dragsters and other people. Sunday is $50.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am not sure that a VMP or PBD tune would add more power to a phase 2 kit unless they create a boostane or race fuel tune. The only reason I would consider a custom tune would be for transmission tweaks. I am also a little concerned that an aftermarket tune might mess up some of the fan settings that Roush has built into their calibration. They seem to have done some changes to the cooling beyond just the slightly larger HE.

I hope someone with a phase 2 gets a custom tune before I do so I can pick their brain.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Atco is opening Friday-Sunday. I’m not going gonna be in the 80’s it’s pointless to me. But if your bored it’s $35 Friday. Saturday you can’t race it’s for junior dragsters and other people. Sunday is $50.
Stymee, here is your chance. My track has a street legal drag event tomorrow. I would go if I had a new fuel pump even though it is going to be in the mid-high 80s and humid. I typically would not go in that weather but I am curious about how high the iat2 would get and what impact it would have.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Horrible weather Friday and Saturday. I may go Sunday but I bet you’ll see 200+ cars show up

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I installed the VMP tune on my 16 Phase 2. Car runs much better. It now feels like a 700+ HP car. It pulls hard, no longer hesitates when I stomp on the gas pedal and it no longer surges when cruising at an even pace. I only ran one or two data logs, but it seems like all the numbers are on target.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I installed the VMP tune on my 16 Phase 2. Car runs much better. It now feels like a 700+ HP car. It pulls hard, no longer hesitates when I stomp on the gas pedal and it no longer surges when cruising at an even pace. I only ran one or two data logs, but it seems like all the numbers are on target.
Good stuff, man. Glad to hear it was an improvement and you're happy with it.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
That is great. I hope someone with a 2018+ phase 2 gives them a try.

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
I am not sure that a VMP or PBD tune would add more power to a phase 2 kit unless they create a boostane or race fuel tune. The only reason I would consider a custom tune would be for transmission tweaks. I am also a little concerned that an aftermarket tune might mess up some of the fan settings that Roush has built into their calibration. They seem to have done some changes to the cooling beyond just the slightly larger HE.

I hope someone with a phase 2 gets a custom tune before I do so I can pick their brain.
Probably different for 2015-17, but Lund confirms what you're saying as I've been going back and forth with them on FB about custom tuning options for my P2 setup. They tell me it'd be not worth the money to buy the nGauge and custom tuning from them right now without first getting an IAT sensor (mandatory even if I didn't want to custom tune without the next part) and upgrading the fuel injectors.

Lund guy says the Roush tune has effectively maxed out the kit's injectors and that going it'd be necessary to upgrade to like Deatschwerks 95s to gain any real power. Guys says if I'm making 600 whp on my P2 kit that maybe 650 w/ improved injectors could be achieved with a custom tune, in addition to improved gains under the curve and better overall drivability.

But all that is like $2000 if I buy the stuff new, so kind of a big investment for 50 hp on a car that's already at 600 to the wheels.

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
What do you have going on besides P2? I'm P2 with a BAP. I'm curious what VMP wanted you to do beyond the P2 kit prior to tuning.