Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Curious for those with this system what their long-term plans are for the car and HP #'s? It would certainly be nice to have this kit and a warranty while I pay off the car, but I'd definitely want more after the car is paid for or the warranty runs out. How much HP are these kits capable of with supporting mods and a pulley swap?

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
For another example. I purchased a 19 GT premium from a dealer, had the roush kit installed by them phase 1. Later upgraded somewhere else to the phase 2 then went back to the dealer when my cel came on and Roush covered the warranty. No issues with Roush warranty, honestly I’m shocked at how well they work and the service manager of the dealership also shared that unlock most third party warranties he’s happy to work with Roush for theirs.

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
Curious for those with this system what their long-term plans are for the car and HP #'s? It would certainly be nice to have this kit and a warranty while I pay off the car, but I'd definitely want more after the car is paid for or the warranty runs out. How much HP are these kits capable of with supporting mods and a pulley swap?
Good questions, not many have gone much further I don’t believe but the reasonable thought is good fuel system (e85) and strong tuning with tire/suspension you’re possibly high 9 in great air. I wrote a check for 30k to pay mine off last month and have the itch to say screw warranty but I’m waiting to see what Roush does with tune update. So far nothing has beat me from a roll and I guess until that happens I’ll be happy where I’m at. The day I lose to a hellcat that’s pretty much stock the gloves are off.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If u put a Fore Fuel System in your car after the warranties up, run E85 or MS109, custom tune, bigger heat exchanger, add headers and no cats

You could make 750-800RW and most likely run in the 9’s on a drag setup in good air

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good questions, not many have gone much further I don’t believe but the reasonable thought is good fuel system (e85) and strong tuning with tire/suspension you’re possibly high 9 in great air. I wrote a check for 30k to pay mine off last month and have the itch to say screw warranty but I’m waiting to see what Roush does with tune update. So far nothing has beat me from a roll and I guess until that happens I’ll be happy where I’m at. The day I lose to a hellcat that’s pretty much stock the gloves are off.
Who has a pretty much stock hellcat? Ones by me are all running mid to high 9’s @ 144-146mph.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Who has a pretty much stock hellcat? Ones by me are all running mid to high 9’s @ 144-146mph.
It would take a seriously modded Hellcat to run 9s at my tracks. Stock on DRs they run high 10s here. Without tires, they are low 11s. My Buddy ran 10.26 a couple of weeks ago....pullied to 14 psi, tune, drag pack.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We are r lucky to be near Atco :rockon:

That’s said, there’s plenty of 55/60 yr olds like me that have stock cats on a tire, hell at your rental there were a few going 10.60/10.70

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Woody Folson,Ford
1633 Golden Isle W.
Baxley, GA 31513
912-367-2466

Service advisor is Tony Tanner
Technician is Travis Erwin

Which dealer and mechanic did you talk to? I would like to take it to same place if possible.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It would take a seriously modded Hellcat to run 9s at my tracks. Stock on DRs they run high 10s here. Without tires, they are low 11s. My Buddy ran 10.26 a couple of weeks ago....pullied to 14 psi, tune, drag pack.
Hellcats are know for breaking halfshafts. Most around here won’t go hard without upgrading them.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My buddies coworker just bought a Hellcat cash. Wrecked it the first day pulling out of work showing off. Flipped it. Second story I’ve heard like that around here. That torque and those stock tires are a bad combo

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I have a vmp tune ready to install on my phase 2 when I get a chance. I’m hoping it wakes it up a little in the low to mid rpm range. I don’t know if it feels like a 700 HP car to me right now. It feels like my pullied cobra might be faster.

The car is fairly new to me so it could just be that it feels different and the butt dyno is off a little.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a vmp tune ready to install on my phase 2 when I get a chance. I’m hoping it wakes it up a little in the low to mid rpm range. I don’t know if it feels like a 700 HP car to me right now. It feels like my pullied cobra might be faster.

The car is fairly new to me so it could just be that it feels different and the butt dyno is off a little.
Yours is a 16 Phase 2?
Yea the VMP tune is gonna wake it up a lot

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Yours is a 16 Phase 2?
Yea the VMP tune is gonna wake it up a lot
yes it’s a 16 with a barely broken in engine. It’s supposed to rain here the next few days. Once the rain stops i’m going to do a datalog on the Roush tune. Then I will install the vmp tune and do another data log. I’d like to see what is different.