Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush picked up around 25-30 whp with the phase 2 kit vs phase 1. I would not expect the tuners to find a lot more without more rpm and probably higher octane. The VMP car shift points were only around 72-7300 RPM.
When asked why they do that they said it’s so they could drive the car home afterwards.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
They Mix and tune to 99. Got rhat directly from them when I asked about the dyno they did on a tuned Roush
I suppose I could do that for dragstrip use but I am not going to mix fuel for daily driving.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
When asked why they do that they said it’s so they could drive the car home afterwards.
That is why I am not looking for more power. All I want is the torque management reduced on the shifts and throttle mapping made a bit more aggressive.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose I could do that for dragstrip use but I am not going to mix fuel for daily driving.
Actually they told me they aim for 98-100. Their big dyno numbers will be with that mix. They will do a tune for daily and another for big power I’d assume

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That is why I am not looking for more power. All I want is the torque management reduced on the shifts and throttle mapping made a bit more aggressive.
Yep u and I want the same thing, now if they use fuel logic I’m all in, I can safety run the car on Shell 93 but if I splash unleaded race fuel at the track and it picks up 3-4 degrees of timing, great :like:

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They Mix and tune to 99. Got rhat directly from them when I asked about the dyno they did on a tuned Roush
Yeah so basically a 100 octane tune. I want to see it on straight 93, so I can compare it to my Whipple stage 1.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah so basically a 100 octane tune. I want to see it on straight 93, so I can compare it to my Whipple stage 1.
It would be interesting

Right now we know the girl from PBD went 10.40@133 and u went 10.35@136 but I believe her run was in a HIGHER DA than you? She may have had Boostane mixed with 93, I’m not sure what octane PBD was running on her runs?

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It would be interesting

Right now we know the girl from PBD went 10.40@133 and u went 10.35@136 but I believe her run was in a HIGHER DA than you? She may have had Boostane mixed with 93, I’m not sure what octane PBD was running on her runs?
Add my big and little set up, combined with BMR drag springs and my fuel pressure issue fixed I believe I would have went faster. Time will tell!

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As far as I know, VMP has never had a customer with P2 get a custom tune from them. I am sure they could reduce the torque management, change throttle mapping to make tip in more aggressive and raise the rev limit. I really wouldn't expect any more power and wouldn't want to mess with Roush's fan settings.
VMP raises the Rpms the powers going up.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As far as I know, VMP has never had a customer with P2 get a custom tune from them. I am sure they could reduce the torque management, change throttle mapping to make tip in more aggressive and raise the rev limit. I really wouldn't expect any more power and wouldn't want to mess with Roush's fan settings.
Spoke with someone I know that works at VMP and correct they had not tuned a Phase 2 as of 2 weeks ago. Phase 1s only.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Add my big and little set up, combined with BMR drag springs and my fuel pressure issue fixed I believe I would have went faster. Time will tell!
That we’ll never know? From your previous post I thought we were talking just a pump gas tune?

You 10.35@136 +300 DA
Her 10.40@133 FL DA (HIGHER)

Now, with a more aggressive tune, a mix of Boostane/93,132 TB & Draggy setup your gonna fly:like:

I see your setup running high 9’s at 140+ in the fall (Atco)

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
VMP raises the Rpms the powers going up.
Yea for sure it will but I would ask VMP to keep my shifts at 7300, no higher. Like Bruce said, tweek the TM, bump in some timing down low, shift strategies fixed. That’s all I would want, for me the car runs fine otherwise.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
All I know is I don’t need anymore power from a custom turn for the street. I can’t get traction like I used to on these dusty country back roads. The fact I could before and I can’t now says a lot about phase 2. I don’t need an aftermarket tune any longer.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
And the heat? It has been 88 the last 2 days and I drove it like a stole it. In the 120’smph several times and over 100 many times on repeated wot pulls. Not one time did I lose power.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Spoke with someone I know that works at VMP and correct they had not tuned a Phase 2 as of 2 weeks ago. Phase 1s only.
Are you talking about a Gen 3 coyote with phase 2? I’m having my Gen 2 with a phase 2 tuned by them now.