Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very interesting?
That didn’t last long, May 6th running
Warranty today, looks to be one of the last warrantied Whipples Lebanon did :crying:

C234E3BA-FCE1-437A-81F8-C87E300C0F4D.jpeg

No good.

1. I wouldn’t run a Whipple stage 2 with the supplied pulley on pump gas. Would change pulley to 4.0.

2. I wouldn’t run Whipple’s cal. Custom tune period or I wouldn’t run Whipple.

3. Shot of Boostane for safety in every tank. Never know if and when you will get a bad tank.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Sitting after 45 min leisurely drive with car running

Do people challenge you to 1/8th mile races on the street?
Man i got group who all race on the street but its hard to get guys together we prefer the strip but will meet out on a country road, im challenged more by mopar guys just drivin around , i liked the stock wheels so its more like a sleeper but since phase 2 it would break loose way more easy and would get scary at times but more predictable with the dr’s i can usually peddle thru the wheelspin and keep going so thats why im keeping them on definetly get more stares but i prefer the track but will put a gap on someone if possible on da street

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No good.

1. I wouldn’t run a Whipple stage 2 with the supplied pulley on pump gas. Would change pulley to 4.0.

2. I wouldn’t run Whipple’s cal. Custom tune period or I wouldn’t run Whipple.

3. Shot of Boostane for safety in every tank. Never know if and when you will get a bad tank.
More and more I blame the owners, my god just like u said just throw some Boostane in the car and your safe

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Damn I miss my car. In the south right now. Nice weather but the mosquitoes are the size of helicopters.

Glad our Sorento has 300hp but it’s not the same.

Flying home (dog help me) in 2 weeks and the strip is open. Will post some summer time AZ numbers soon. On street tires and a cradle lockout :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man i got group who all race on the street but its hard to get guys together we prefer the strip but will meet out on a country road, im challenged more by mopar guys just drivin around , i liked the stock wheels so its more like a sleeper but since phase 2 it would break loose way more easy and would get scary at times but more predictable with the dr’s i can usually peddle thru the wheelspin and keep going so thats why im keeping them on definetly get more stares but i prefer the track but will put a gap on someone if possible on da street
how do you do against the mopar guys?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
So you guys recommend Boostane for these cars when running a blower? Just enough to raise a couple points? Are there any negatives to running an octane booster?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So you guys recommend Boostane for these cars when running a blower? Just enough to raise a couple points? Are there any negatives to running an octane booster?
Custom tune Yes
Roush tune, Shell 93 is all u need

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
how do you do against the mopar guys?
They are n/a so been puttting it on them 392 chargers and challengers, havent raced a hellcat yet , also raced a 392 on pinks call out put half a track on him im not out street racing all the time either or hangin out with them crowds they just have been random encounters, now my buds we all call each other out but thats a small group of us

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All i use is shell 93 and always see negative knock % on the ngauge when giving it some throttle

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I do, a little bit just to be safe. Lund tuned on 93.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I never realized pulling it into sport vs using sport in the modes was a bit different

I believe my fans do come on if I put the car in sport mode, they do not come on if I pull the shifter into sport mode

It’s a bit hotter out so I’m not sure it’s the actual temps causing this or if the sport mode button does this but there on

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I never realized pulling it into sport vs using sport in the modes was a bit different
I never knew that as well.
It's different drive-wise?? How so? I've never put my car into "S",.....always in DRIVE and then I switch the modes via the steering wheel.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I never knew that as well.
It's different drive-wise?? How so? I've never put my car into "S",.....always in DRIVE and then I switch the modes via the steering wheel.
drive modes on your dash/mode selector alter steering, throttle, suspension if you have magneride. S on the shifter allows for paddle shifting without the car shifting for you.

On my 300a S has different characteristics for shifting over D. It holds gears longer and has quicker shifts. It’s meant for a track. Not a drag strip.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I like the mode from the switch much better, again I don’t know if it was just a bit hotter out which caused the fans to run but they ran, even after I shut the car off

Car runs so good, I drive 3+ hours today with the girl in 75 degrees, IAT2 hovering in the 108-127 range depending on speed, even in traffic it went to 135 but dropped like a stone as soon as you moved, CHT stayed at 195-200..

The P2 kit is great :sunglasses:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
drive modes on your dash/mode selector alter steering, throttle, suspension if you have magneride. S on the shifter allows for paddle shifting without the car shifting for you.
On my 300a S has different characteristics for shifting over D. It holds gears longer and has quicker shifts. It’s meant for a track. Not a drag strip.
Ahhhh,....that makes sense. Thanks! :like:
When I use the dash/mode selector I can just put the car in SPORT+ mode and it'll automatically shift for me. I might have to try out that S on the shifter at some point.