Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As to which S/C, it seems pretty obvious after 1950 posts. Get the EB, free warranty, get it remote tuned. Or get the Whipple, and have it remote tuned.

Then spend a another load of money on traction upgrades. Done.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
As to which S/C, it seems pretty obvious after 1950 posts. Get the EB, free warranty, get it remote tuned. Or get the Whipple, and have it remote tuned.

He means the Ecoboost :)

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)

Lol...it would be nice if it was that simple.

EB warranty is with their tune only...which is no good. I agree that an EB tuner kit with a remote tune would be a good choice if you don't mind dealing with multiple vendors, datalogging and having no warranty.

A Whipple without a custom tune and OPG/CS is a ticking time bomb. Done correctly, with remote tune and supporting mods, it is phenomenal but costly.

There are pros and cons to all of them. Not everyone has the same goals so I will not criticize anyone for the choice they make.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol...it would be nice if it was that simple.

EB warranty is with their tune only...which is no good. I agree that an EB tuner kit with a remote tune would be a good choice if you don't mind dealing with multiple vendors, datalogging and having no warranty.

A Whipple without a custom tune and OPG/CS is a ticking time bomb. Done correctly, with remote tune and supporting mods, it is phenomenal but costly.

There are pros and cons to all of them. Not everyone has the same goals so I will not criticize anyone for the choice they make.
If I were looking for a used car and it had a custom tune and a Whipple (or any other SC associated with racing) I wouldn't even consider it. that's just me. Not sure how much trouble people have had trying to sell them on the used market. Since I would never trade a car in that was an issue with me.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I were looking for a used car and it had a custom tune and a Whipple (or any other SC associated with racing) I wouldn't even consider it. that's just me. Not sure how much trouble people have had trying to sell them on the used market. Since I would never trade a car in that was an issue with me
For sure:like:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I think some people take off the SC and all associated hardware and return the car to stock. Then they sell the SC kit. That seems like a lot of trouble but it might pay off in the end.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think some people take off the SC and all associated hardware and return the car to stock. Then they sell the SC kit. That seems like a lot of trouble but it might pay off in the end.
I guess but man, what a pita

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That would be the smart way to do it for sure.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That would be the smart way to do it for sure.

Unless u go Roush, My Ford dealer told me flat out if u trade it in with a Roush you will do much better vs EB or Whip

I asked that because I was thinking in a few yrs getting a C8 and they sell GM too

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Unless u go Roush, My Ford dealer told me flat out if u trade it in with a Roush you will do much better vs EB or WIp...
I wouldn’t count on it, dealers like to say things that help you make a decision and give them your money. Only guessing you were talking to that dealer about having them install a Roush for you?

I would say most looking for an off the lot blown mustang aren’t on the fence about which blower brand nearly as much as some people on here. Lol.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldn’t count on it, dealers like to say things that help you make a decision and give them your money. Only guessing you were talking to that dealer about having them install a Roush for you?

I would say most looking for an off the lot blown mustang aren’t on the fence about which blower brand nearly as much as some people on here. Lol.
Nope wasn’t asking them about an install, but its good that I know 4 guys at the dealer personally for over 25yrs

Not every dealer is a crook bud, will they give me face value for a Roush?

NO....

But I would get more on trade-in running a Roush vs any other kit

FACT

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Nope wasn’t asking them about an install, but its good that I know 4 guys at the dealer personally for over 25yrs

Not every dealer is a crook bud, will they give me face value for a Roush?

NO....

But I would get more on trade-in running a Roush vs any other kit

FACT
If you say so. Guess that’s one of those facts that cannot be proven either way.

Dealerships are kind of like the criminal justice system in that not everyone in prison is a bad person. Good ones are far and few between, but I suppose there are some out there.