Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I wanna here from guys (2018/2019) that actually have the kit.
Driving characteristics, power, idle, daily driving and of course possibly et and mph

I'm not looking for more than 600RW (A10)
I have 3.15's which I believe would be good for a PDB

From what I here the newest tune is MUCH better, they made a change to the HE or intercooler pump too.
Again, I know there's kits that make more power but I like the idea of a Roush/Ford product for warranty reasons

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Driving characteristics, power, idle, daily driving and of course possibly et and mph

From what I here the newest tune is MUCH better, they made a change to the HE or intercooler pump too.
Again, I know there's kits that make more power but I like the idea of a Roush/Ford product for warranty reasons
I’ve had the roush blower on my car for almost a year. I’m very pleased with idle and around town driving capabilities. I think roush was able to duplicate the factory n/a tune quite well for light throttle driving. I have to admit I was worried the car would have drive ability issues with out having a mass airflow sensor, but this isn’t the case at all.

The biggest thing I noticed is that you will get one, possibly two hits at WOT before timing is pulled and or the throttle body will be closed to limit power. This is mainly due to high post charger air temps. It takes a long time to cool the Intercooler water back down so the car will make power again. It will feel like an N/A car again until things cool off. I realize I have a street car and not a race car so I’ve accepted this. Good thing is, it keeps the motor safe.

Having the Intercooler on top of the blower is the most efficient method to cool air charge temps but I think looks there is a cinder block on top of the engine. IMHO the roush blower looks so much better than other guys.

My car is a manual trans so I can’t speak for the autos. Roush only did an update for the autos not the manuals. This leads me to believe they changed the shift strategy only for the calibration update.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I dont street race so for me, if I did run the car at Atco I would let it cool off and push it up to the line to keep intercooler temps down :)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have an actual 2019 Roush Stage 3 car. I love it! (My 2nd second Roush Stage 3 car.)
A10 car and it runs fast/perfect with the Roush tune. I don't track or take my car to the strip as well. Perfect for the street.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80

Have you looked into the edelbrock stage 2? It comes with a 36000 mile 3 year warranty and makes 686 whp on 93. It has the same rotors as the roush but it has a superior intercooler and opening for the TB. People have gone well over 1k rwhp with that setup.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Have you looked into the edelbrock stage 2? It comes with a 36000 mile 3 year warranty and makes 686 whp on 93. It has the same rotors as the roush but it has a superior intercooler and opening for the TB. People have gone well over 1k rwhp with that setup.
This right here. It carries the same warranty as roush when installed by a certified mechanic or dealer, 3/36 from mile 0.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
This right here. It carries the same warranty as roush when installed by a certified mechanic or dealer, 3/36 from mile 0.
The 3 years is actually from the in service date, so it's whichever one comes first 36k or 3 years.

Ford installed my supercharger (edelbrock stage 2) as well.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The 3 years is actually from the in service date, so it's whichever one comes first 36k or 3 years.

Ford installed my supercharger (edelbrock stage 2) as well.
That's what I said, it starts at 0 miles on the car. If you have 30k on the car you only have 6k left just like the roush.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well that sucks, if I put 5k miles on the cars and then do the blower I’m only covered for 31k

Hmmmmm....I assume the other companies follow the same suite?

I have a 5yr 60k ($100 deductible) warranty but I know that changes once I add the blower

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT with the newest Roush kit, by newest I mean the low air temp radiator/intercooler which keeps temps much lower than the old setup.

I did get some things changed though, pulley drop, injectors and pump so its not the usual 710HP its more in the low 800's now (at the crank).

It drives perfectly fine, idles just like a NA does, drives around town just fine it has a slight whine/air noise but nothing like a whipple for instance. It drives much like an NA would but you can tell the difference in power throughout the rev range especially over 3k rpms.

You are right about the new tune also, they have made it now that it uses the power on hand much more efficiently and where it matters with a boost in overall HP.

Its awesome, and the warranty is peace of mind.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds like the newest tune and upgraded cooling aids are helping roush guys.

This is very tempting

Last edited:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Whichever way you go, Roush, Edelbrock etc. you will thoroughly enjoy it, its a whole new level of awesomeness.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the newest tune and upgrades cooling aids are helping roush guys.

This is very tempting
Yes I got mine in July. They came out with the new Heat Exhanger in May of this year (per roush) and that’s when they included it in the kit. It’s much thicker. It literally runs cool To the touch. CHTs never go over 220 and I floor it every chance I get. Which means I average 16mpg now. I go from 70-140mph In what seems like secs when I get open road. It’s does have a weird hang at like 125mph but I usually do pulls in sport+ on the highway so I’m sure it’s something in the that particular Mode in the Roush tune. Other than that I’m shocked how quickly I lose track of how fast I’m going. You just don’t have to time to look down before you’re hitting 120mph from normal highway speeds in the A10 with a Roush sc and the new tune.

One thing that surprised me was how the sc screamed (prefer it over the whine of most) like a pregnant woman in labor. It’s loud when you go all out. I can hear it over my exhaust it’s so loud and I have a Roush Axle Back and xpipe. The combination is terrifying. I don’t have to ride people asses. They get out of The way. Now when you are just driving around and not laying into it full out, it’s very quiet.

Edit: Also I never have any reduction in power due to temps after multiple pulls in the 80’s. The new HE is much better. But I live in Michigan not Texas. Roush is also coming out with new phases soon. They wouldn’t say when but that’s what they told me a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have a 2019 GT with the newest Roush kit, by newest I mean the low air temp radiator/intercooler which keeps temps much lower than the old setup. Wow, that's great. How much lower?

I did get some things changed though, pulley drop, injectors and pump so its not the usual 710HP its more in the low 800's now (at the crank). Holy sh*t, just dropping a pulley size with bigger injectors and a fuel pump booster got you over 100hp? And you didn't need another tune?

It drives perfectly fine, idles just like a NA does, drives around town just fine it has a slight whine/air noise but nothing like a whipple for instance. It drives much like an NA would but you can tell the difference in power throughout the rev range especially over 3k rpms.

You are right about the new tune also, they have made it now that it uses the power on hand much more efficiently and where it matters with a boost in overall HP.

Its awesome, and the warranty is peace of mind.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Sounds like the improved roush kits are great, might as well go for it. Just be careful, the power doesn't come on super hard in these cars it's so smooth you'll get in trouble way before you feel like you need to let out of it.