Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Stymee, if you get a chance, please find out what other mods the Whipple guy has...OPG/CS? Axles? Driveshaft? Just curious.....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The change they'll likely add is a more aggressive tune. The current phase 1 tune is a 91 octane tune With alote of nannies to keep it very safe. I know guys have said they splash boostane or octanium for safety. The reason Roush says not to is that the tune is not going to allow the vehicle to get to the point of detonation so its not needed. The new tune will likely be a 93 octane tune thats a bit more aggressive with timing. I suspect the compression of the 18+ had these companies a bit timid with the tunes.
correct. I’ve seen no difference with 93 or 97 octane (boostane) versus 91. When I called Roush they stated exactly what you posted. VMP gets their 10.3 with A 98-100 octane tune which brings them to close to 700whp.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
correct. I’ve seen no difference with 93 or 97 octane (boostane) versus 91. When I called Roush they stated exactly what you posted. VMP gets their 10.3 with A 98-100 octane tune which brings them to close to 700whp.
They set you up with a tune that'll run 100k miles worry free. Instead of relying on knock activity to pull timing they use the fly by wire to pull boost by closing the throttle related to air charge heat. It's likely done that way because when it starts to detonate its hard to stop. Set hard maps based on heat and it won't get there. Reliable, safe, durable but power killing, lets face it, all of us in this thread are horse power junkies. If it say's 700hp, I want 700hp every pull Lol But thats not realistic. Pro tuners can coax another 100+ hp out of these kits but the accountability for keeping it alive rests on the owner (octane booster, race gas, quality e85, proper cooling, cooler air charge ect.) Just gotta decide what you want, how much you want, and what accountability you want.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They set you up with a tune that'll run 100k miles worry free. Instead of relying on knock activity to pull timing they use the fly by wire to pull boost by closing the throttle related to air charge heat. It's likely done that way because when it starts to detonate its hard to stop. Set hard maps based on heat and it won't get there. Reliable, safe, durable but power killing, lets face it, all of us in this thread are horse power junkies. If it say's 700hp, I want 700hp every pull Lol But thats not realistic. Pro tuners can coax another 100+ hp out of these kits but the accountability for keeping it alive rests on the owner (octane booster, race gas, quality e85, proper cooling, cooler air charge ect.) Just gotta decide what you want, how much you want, and what accountability you want.

100% Correct

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
been watching and lurking this thread. I have a 19GT PP1 6MT with 3.73 rear. I put on the Roush CAI with tune (to keep Warranty) and full Borla AE Cat-back. I installed boat-load of suspension upgrades. Now have 4500 miles on car and it's put away in the garage for the winter. It's fast and fun to drive. It runs twisty's planted on rails, even with the PZero's that will go in the spring and on the rare occasion digs very hard.
I am not big on hard stop launches. Do push it hard at times with WOT on roll starts. So here are my thoughts. Want to retain Ford Warranty that limits to Roush or Ford SC. I keep shifts between 6500-7000RPM but like reliability and peace of mind, will change OPC/CS. I will also put larger axles on the car. Clutch later when stock clutch wears out.

What I am looking for is the thrill we all get when we start the car and drive-throttle it hard and it responds with a roar. If I happen to blast down a few challengers, so be it.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
been watching and lurking this thread. I have a 19GT PP1 6MT with 3.73 rear. I put on the Roush CAI with tune (to keep Warranty) and full Borla AE Cat-back. I installed boat-load of suspension upgrades. Now have 4500 miles on car and it's put away in the garage for the winter. It's fast and fun to drive. It runs twisty's planted on rails, even with the PZero's that will go in the spring and on the rare occasion digs very hard.
I am not big on hard stop launches. Do push it hard at times with WOT on roll starts. So here are my thoughts. Want to retain Ford Warranty that limits to Roush or Ford SC. I keep shifts between 6500-7000RPM but like reliability and peace of mind, will change OPC/CS. I will also put larger axles on the car. Clutch later when stock clutch wears out.

What I am looking for is the thrill we all get when we start the car and drive-throttle it hard and it responds with a roar. If I happen to blast down a few challengers, so be it.
This kit, in my opinion, would suite your needs just fine. The quality and warranty are excellent. Other kits offer warranties as well so you gotta just pick your poison. Being developed by Ford Performance and Roush, to me, makes it a very nice option if it's power potential suits you.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
While I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of upgraded OPG/CS, I doubt if they are needed with the Roush kit.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
While I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of upgraded OPG/CS, I doubt if they are needed with the Roush kit.
I’m convinced in my area all u need is a sunny day at 50 degrees and a Roush would run high 10’s all day long

All u need to do is go to a track rental, let the car cool (Having a switch to circulate the HE pump would be tits) and run the car

My big fat ass went 11.91@118 today on a drag radial, h pipe and IRS cradle lockout (+85 DA)

Just adding the roush kit and keeping it cool, 10’s imo would be easy. Very interested in the P2

But I’ll say it right now
Hellcat on a tire 10.60
Redeye on a tire and tune 10.1

They were flying today at Atco
There very impressive

But there was a whipple Stage 1 GT A10 with 3.55’s (PBD 93 Pump Gas Tune) and other than a tire, h-pipe

It was running 10.30’s@135

Whipples are impressive

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m convinced in my area all u need is a sunny day at 50 degrees and a Roush would run high 10’s all day long

All u need to do is go to a track rental, let the car cool (Having a switch to circulate the HE pump would be tits) and run the car

My big fat ass went 11.91@118 today on a drag radial, h pipe and IRS cradle lockout (+85 DA)

Just adding the roush kit and keeping it cool, 10’s imo would be easy. Very interested in the P2

But I’ll say it right now
Hellcat on a tire 10.60
Redeye on a tire and tune 10.1

They were flying today at Atco
There very impressive

But there was a whipple Stage 1 GT A10 with 3.55’s (PBD 93 Pump Gas Tune) and other than a tire, h-pipe

It was running 10.30’s@135

Whipples are impressive
the Hellcat was .04 off the stock power fastest time ever. Which makes it hard to believe he’s stock.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
the Hellcat was .04 off the stock power fastest time ever. Which makes it hard to believe he’s stock.

There were a few of them
Anywhere from 11.00 street tire to 10.50’s on a tire, a couple had a cold air or 3.09 gears but there were a few on drag radial and STOCK going 10.60’s

Weather was perfect and the track was glue

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Good results, Stymee!

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Stymee, if you get a chance, please find out what other mods the Whipple guy has...OPG/CS? Axles? Driveshaft? Just curious.....
Whipple guy is me.

OPG/CS stock
Axles stock
Driveshaft stock
Stock exhaust manifolds
Stock catalytic converters in place
Stock cat back
Stock throttle body
Stock transmission
Stock springs
Stock shocks
Stock front wheels and tires

Whipple stage 1.
X pipe
BMR cradle lock out
MT ET Street R 305/45/17
93 octane
7,800rpm shift points
PBD tuned.

best pass was 10.3 @ 136mph. There is a hesitation on the 1-2 shift. That will be addressed this week, car goes back to the shop Monday. Definitely has 10.20’s in it the way it sits.