Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hopefully you have a dealership within a reasonable distance that has the equipment to download the Roush calibrations. I have a choice of driving 2 hours south or 2 hours west.
Thankfully I have a Roush dealership who does good work with the right equipment 40 miles away and have a appointment in 2 weeks to have the calibration flashed and a brake fluid flush.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
anyone having multiple personality disorder with this kit? right now shes fun, light and sporty. Last week she felt bloated and sluggish, maybe it was that month idk.
I think its just very sensitive to fuel. I have been trying to fuel up at the same spot lately just to eliminate any variables.
With cold weather here I haven’t driven the vehicle much so wish I had feedback for you. Winter blend gas and maybe not great fuel quality can be the culprit?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
anyone having multiple personality disorder with this kit? right now shes fun, light and sporty. Last week she felt bloated and sluggish, maybe it was that month idk.
I think its just very sensitive to fuel. I have been trying to fuel up at the same spot lately just to eliminate any variables.
The beauty is in deep sleep for next 2.5 months :crying:.

Cars with personality are the best😁

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Thankfully I have a Roush dealership who does good work with the right equipment 40 miles away and have a appointment in 2 weeks to have the calibration flashed and a brake fluid flush.
Lucky as well having the Roush dealership 20 minutes from the house. Is this new tune for both auto / 6 speed? Do you know what areas it improves in performance?

Thanks

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Lucky as well having the Roush dealership 20 minutes from the house. Is this new tune for both auto / 6 speed? Do you know what areas it improves in performance?

Thanks
Don’t have any details on what’s changed in the calibration. Usually it’s just fine tuning or addressing issues that multiple vehicles experience like when they addressed the 123 issue.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Cars run great this time of year here in Phx, it's the summer heat that derails us lol.

Pretty sure @hlfbkd420 out making hero runs in this weather

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
I gave Roush my vin number for my 21 a few days ago and said there was a software update since I had my supercharger installed a few months ago. I asked what changes does the software provide and they will advise in the next day or two. I contacted the installing dealer to see if they provide flashes as part of the warranty...waiting to hear back.

Update as of today 2/1...heard from Roush...this is what they told me about the new s/w update...does not instill a lot of confidence:

I got word back from my tech team, unfortunately they are not aware or have the information on the update itself in terms of everything it contains as they said they happen often and contain just small adjustments to improve the drivability of the vehicle, this is not a major update or anything that will drastically change how the vehicle feels, just small changes to improve day to day life of it.

Last edited:

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Hopefully you have a dealership within a reasonable distance that has the equipment to download the Roush calibrations. I have a choice of driving 2 hours south or 2 hours west.
Anyone can download RDT software to flash/log roush vehicles, it is free.
Link: http://rdt.roush.com/RoushRdt/

The cable is also available online: http://www.dashlogic.com/dashbridge_cx

To update your calibration at home, you can just download the software, use the dashbridge and get a voucher code from roush customer service.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
My last update was I think in Aug-Sep last year.

I haven't had any cooling issues with street driving, so haven't really looked into the cooling package. I thought I read that it could be pretty expensive (labor wise), and the cost to upgrade.
Install for the cooling kit was $990 + all the headaches caused by the body shop.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I'll go ahead and leave this here to confuse the hell out of everyone.

The shift tables are in transmission output-shaft speed. The first cell to trigger a shift is when the shift happens. For example, in Base mode (normal/drive), it will shift 1-2 up to 15% pedal because the 1-2 values are lower than 1-3. In many cases, 10,000 is used to ensure that shift never happens.

Capture.JPG
Are these shift tables for the stock tune or for the Roush tune? I have been driving around doing some testing when I can, and my car doesn't seem to be following this. I am going to try and use my gopro to record the shifts, but I know 100% my car has never shifted from 2->4 or 3->5 even though these tables say that's what it should be doing.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
That’s definitely a 2020 roush phase 2.

If you start at a throttle input and love right, the 2-4 would only happen at less than 15% pedal, which is very light throttle. It would do 1-2 then 2-4.

At 15-35%, it would do 1-3 then 3-4.

At 35-65%, it would do 1-3 then 3-5.

At 70+ it hits every gear.

I actually updated my schedule to the 2021 stock GT schedule (mostly). It only skips 2nd and only at light throttle. It works really well, actually, and once driven you can see why they did it. Downshift thresholds are improved as well.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That’s definitely a 2020 roush phase 2.

If you start at a throttle input and love right, the 2-4 would only happen at less than 15% pedal, which is very light throttle. It would do 1-2 then 2-4.

At 15-35%, it would do 1-3 then 3-4.

At 35-65%, it would do 1-3 then 3-5.

At 70+ it hits every gear.

I actually updated my schedule to the 2021 stock GT schedule (mostly). It only skips 2nd and only at light throttle. It works really well, actually, and once driven you can see why they did it. Downshift thresholds are improved as well.
Great info for sure. Good to see they improved the shift schedule for 21 because as fast as the 10R80 is when getting on it, it sure is wonky in normal everyday driving.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Don’t have any details on what’s changed in the calibration. Usually it’s just fine tuning or addressing issues that multiple vehicles experience like when they addressed the 123 issue.
Spoke to Roush and told no update tune available ?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Spoke to Roush and told no update tune available ?
Most times the tune update has to do with addressing shifting quirks in the 10R80. Are you a manual?