Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sport, Track and Drag modes drive pretty rough unless your getting on it pretty aggressively. Normal mode drives very smooth but quite lazy. Chevy got the better end of the deal on the co-developed transmission with Ford and performs much better than the 10R80 in the Mustang. I would think the only way to get better transmission performance would be a custom tune.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Sport, Track and Drag modes drive pretty rough unless your getting on it pretty aggressively. Normal mode drives very smooth but quite lazy. Chevy got the better end of the deal on the co-developed transmission with Ford and performs much better than the 10R80 in the Mustang. I would think the only way to get better transmission performance would be a custom tune.
Or a manual trans :crackup:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I’ve been using the paddles. You manual guys better watch out :p

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
I just want the Side Vents from the Max Cool Kit on my 2017 Roush RS3.
Under hood temps are crazy hot.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
So, I did the refueling today at a different gas station, it did the same thing again, Rpm fluctuation. I called Roush about it and they seem to have no idea what is going on. Will be taking it to dealer tomorrow but they probably cannot duplicate this issue because it only happens at "gas station". Would br great if anyone can share some ideas what is going on.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Anybody here purchase the max cooling kit. I am having it installed right now. Still working on it.
Curious about your thoughts on it. How long did it take you to actually receive it?

Also, how much to install? Or are you doing it yourself?

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Curious about your thoughts on it. How long did it take you to actually receive it?

Also, how much to install? Or are you doing it yourself?
Took almost 5 months to get. Looks like a well put together kit. Still in the process of installing and will let you know if it is worth it once I get it all together and running.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Took almost 5 months to get. Looks like a well put together kit. Still in the process of installing and will let you know if it is worth it once I get it all together and running.
How scary was it cutting the hole for the vents?!?!

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I've contemplated getting the max cooling kit, and probably will at some point. I'm not sure I could handle cutting holes in the fenders for the vents, though.

On another note, after dealing with a P0430 and getting it fixed under warranty, my car just threw a P0420. Looks like I'll be headed back to get the other catalytic converter changed. I'm not surprised at all, and am a little surprised it took this long. There was pretty much 3000 miles difference between the left one and the right one going out -15000 vs 18000 miles. I hope the phase 2 tune will improve the longevity a bit.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I am very much interested in the effects of installing it as well, especially in regards to engine temps. Have you considered ducting the radiator as well, while it's all taken apart?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I've contemplated getting the max cooling kit, and probably will at some point. I'm not sure I could handle cutting holes in the fenders for the vents, though.

On another note, after dealing with a P0430 and getting it fixed under warranty, my car just threw a P0420. Looks like I'll be headed back to get the other catalytic converter changed. I'm not surprised at all, and am a little surprised it took this long. There was pretty much 3000 miles difference between the left one and the right one going out -15000 vs 18000 miles. I hope the phase 2 tune will improve the longevity a bit.
I got the "catalytic converter below normal efficiency" error 2k miles after supercharger install. 2 warnings came up at the same time in FordPass. Took it to the dealer, they said that they have another 2021 with roush and same errors and that it's software related and that they are in contact with roush on this. They have reset the codes and it didn't come back after 40min drive back home. Mine is not phase 1 and I doubt that SC could cook both cats within 2k miles. Car goes to garage storage for winter anyways, will see how it goes in spring.
Your issue might be different of course with bigger milage.

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I h
I am very much interested in the effects of installing it as well, especially in regards to engine temps. Have you considered ducting the radiator as well, while it's all taken apart?
I did not consider ducting the radiator and will keep you posted on how well the kit works once it is completed. Thanks