Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Also if your looking to get an amazing deal on injectors or interested in the fuel system I built I can get you great deal.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Those are STD uncorrected numbers, do u have the SAE corrected numbers?

Like to see the difference? Again this isnt a dig, truly just curious.

One things for sure, E85 is the way to go

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Those are STD uncorrected numbers, do u have the SAE corrected numbers?

Like to see the difference? Again this isnt a dig, truly just curious.

One things for sure, E85 is the way to go
This is the only dyno sheet I have and like I said I wanted to have track numbers before I posted. That's why I waited so long to post this. I didn't get a chance to get to the track this year but I will when it opens up again next year.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was tuned on a dyno here in Michigan but PBD is the tuner. The mods are just the basic bolt ons. I have Kooks 2" primary headers and Kooks catback x-pipe exhaust. ID1050x injectors and a custom fuel system I built using a Deatchwerks x2 fuel hat. Two DW400 pumps -8 feed -6 to stock feed for return.
Very nice man.
Car must be beastly.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Need some advice on the tire set up.
Thinking of running g2 on front and NT555RII in rear.

Im debating between 19s street set (19x10, 19x11) and drag set . My daily driver and it will see rain. possibly vms set up (18x9.5, 17x10).

What are yall thoughts? is it going to be more dangerous in rain with vms set up?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I hate to say it, but sometimes we have to bite the bullet and buy two sets of wheels and or tires based on how we plan to drive the car.

I will say that some people don't realize the 100 rating on the NT555Rii means it wears pretty darn fast when used as a daily. If you get much more than 8,000 miles on them, consider yourself pretty lucky but they will mostly likely be pretty much finished by that time.

Having said all that, I do have the NT555Rii but recently switched to my second set of wheels/tires, since I really can't get the heat into the Nittos to allow them to do what they do best in the cooler weather......on the street.

Need some advice on the tire set up.
Thinking of running g2 on front and NT555RII in rear.

Im debating between 19s street set (19x10, 19x11) and drag set . My daily driver and it will see rain. possibly vms set up (18x9.5, 17x10).

What are yall thoughts? is it going to be more dangerous in rain with vms set up?

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I hate to say it, but sometimes we have to bite the bullet and buy two sets of wheels and or tires based on how we plan to drive the car.

I will say that some people don't realize the 100 rating on the NT555Rii means it wears pretty darn fast when used as a daily. If you get much more than 8,000 miles on them, consider yourself pretty lucky but they will mostly likely be pretty much finished by that time.

Having said all that, I do have the NT555Rii but recently switched to my second set of wheels/tires, since I really can't get the heat into the Nittos to allow them to do what they do best in the cooler weather......on the street.
Understood. I am aware off 100 rating. But my initial question was comparing between 17x10 and 19x11 both 305s in rain. Possible difference will be the sidewall depth and will that make a difference in rain?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That I have no answer for. I did get caught in an hour long down pour on 305/35 R20 and had no problems driving carefully in weather mode.

Understood. I am aware off 100 rating. But my initial question was comparing between 17x10 and 19x11 both 305s in rain. Possible difference will be the sidewall depth and will that make a difference in rain?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I don't think you will notice a difference in the rain. You will notice a difference on dry pavement though with more sidewall.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Possibly know if Roush voids warranty with radials on?
You will still have your stock wheels and tires? I'm sure if you broke an axle or something they could say it was related and not cover it. If you blow up your engine that's not related to DRs. My suggestion would be don't take it to the dealer with the DRs on the car. It's not hard to just switch the wheels back. I doubt that roush would deny the claim either way though.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
You will still have your stock wheels and tires? I'm sure if you broke an axle or something they could say it was related and not cover it. If you blow up your engine that's not related to DRs. My suggestion would be don't take it to the dealer with the DRs on the car. It's not hard to just switch the wheels back. I doubt that roush would deny the claim either way though.
Makes sense. Couldn't think about swapping back to the stock wheels. When my kit was installed, tech told me that I must bring the car back if I get the wheels and tires changed. Didn't ask why but I assume there is no performance effect other than speedometer?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Makes sense. Couldn't think about swapping back to the stock wheels. When my kit was installed, tech told me that I must bring the car back if I get the wheels and tires changed. Didn't ask why but I assume there is no performance effect other than speedometer?
I don't know why he would say that but you don't need to bring it back to them for wheel and tire changes. I wouldn't take the car back in. I would only bring it in on the stock wheels and tires. If the tire diameter is close it won't change the speedometer.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had this discussion with Roush about going to a bigger tire. It’s not about the speedometer being off a bit, it’s the 10R80 transmission will be shifting improperly if they don’t change the tire diameter. They said if you have a manual transmission it only would affect the speedo a bit.