Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. Lots of useful information scattered across it. I picked up an 18 GT 6M PP1 with a phase 2 kit on it back in the summer time. I have been chasing gremlins since I first tried to get it to pass inspection. It was purchased in a county that doesn't SMOG so after I realized it had an aftermarket tune with the O2's turned off I had to get a new tune, then still had to use an anti fouler on the o2's to get them to stay off to pass. Then when data logging noticed the throttle body wasn't opening all the way. No codes for it, just seeing the data when logging and noticing lack of power. Then saw my IAT2's were in the 180's after driving around for 20 minutes normally. Ended up being the pump and relay. The car has 30,000 miles on it and per Roush's records the kit was installed at 21,000. My guess is they never worked out the gremlins and then just traded in the car. Since the pump/relay replacement, i now see IAT's about 25 degrees over ambient and so far so good. It actually has power most of the time now.

Looking forward to contribute what I can as I learn the rest of this Roush kit. I have zero warranty from the dealer and nothing from Roush since they don't transfer to the next owner.
I knew what i was getting into with it and got a killer deal on it even during the current car price crisis. I traded in my 2018 GT E85 A10 on a Ford Flex last year as i had a new child on the way. Just missed it so much that I had to buy another.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
This thread is #15 on the New York's Best seller list.
I hear Autographed copies are available.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Well we know roush reads it.

Just not on Fridays cause apparently that's the only day they can have meetings.

124 DAYS ROUSH
IN CHECK FORM THAT IS
ONE HUNDRED TWENTYFOUR DAYS AND 00/100.

In Spanish
ciento 24 días

In German
einhundert und 24 tage

In Chinese

一百零二十四天

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ll be glad to autograph all copies of this post if needed, I started this ridiculous post

Ahahahahaha!!!!!!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I go GT again, Flex tune, mild susp work and tires. I loved the Stage 2 on my 19 but looking at it now for dollar value, it was a waste of coin.

11.40’s would be fine with me:rockon:

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
@Proshop @brucelinc Yall mentioned " if I had to do it all over again I would go different route." My 21 kit is not here yet and I believe it can be cancelled. Just like everyone else, my reason of going Roush is warranty. Do yall think it's still worth it for the 21 model year to go Roush route? Or consider going different? If so, what brand would yall recommend?? Whipple paxron?

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
My 2 cents, having the Roush Stage 2 on my 2021, I like my kit. Have had no issues daily driving it so far. Run great, fast enough for me for now.

Now if I was trying to squeeze more power, I would probably go Whipple.

I honestly believe it what your end game is. For me, my racing days are past me. I just enjoy having the power on hand AND having a warranty to cover things if something goes south.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
My 2 cents, having the Roush Stage 2 on my 2021, I like my kit. Have had no issues daily driving it so far. Run great, fast enough for me for now.

Now if I was trying to squeeze more power, I would probably go Whipple.

I honestly believe it what your end game is. For me, my racing days are past me. I just enjoy having the power on hand AND having a warranty to cover things if something goes south.
I am not looking for numbers as well.
It's my daily with couple street pulls. That is all for me. I decided Roush based on my circumstances, Daily+no hard-core racing+ warranty = Roush. But couple issues with 21s making me reconsider.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Roush is a great street application kit with plenty of power, staying on 91 or 93 octane and a warranty. If that is what you want then Roush is for you, if looking for future big power then go the other systems.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
But couple issues with 21s making me reconsider.
At this point it's anyone's guess about why the issue is occurring and how widespread it is. It could be installation related or tune or temps/environment or even a batch of some bad parts that made it into some cars and didn't show a problem when NA but failed when pushed to the limit. I've got a manual and didn't see any CEL issues so far

It's interesting that CARB E.O. #D-418-41 that covers 2021 MY was issued only in July, so I don't understand how dealers were installing 50 state legal kits on 2021 cars before then. My kit was sitting at the dealer for 4 moths before they could install it in August. They could install it anytime, but were not allowed to get or flash the tune. I'm in Canada though, we seem to follow carb regulations.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Just had the Roush kit installed at my local ford dealer on my 21. The tech that worked on my car is a senior master tech and is meticulous with an outstanding reputation. He is one of a handful authorized to work on the Ford GT. He kept me advised on a daily basis with pics. Really great guy who loves his job. Got my car back this past Saturday morning and it runs fantastic...very glad I went with Roush...I am not a racer, just wanted more power and the warranty. I too had a lot of concerns on the 21 based on others problems...but having a local high quality ford tech provided a lot of confidence that if something did happen, it would be taken care of.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
A quick side question - is ford supposed to plug the hole in the firewall from sound tube, which naturally gets deleted?

The amount of noise from engine bay really gets annoying and my hole was left open, so I guess if I plug it it should get better.

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
A quick side question - is ford supposed to plug the hole in the firewall from sound tube, which naturally gets deleted?

The amount of noise from engine bay really gets annoying and my hole was left open, so I guess if I plug it it should get better.
My hole in the firewall was plugged. Not sure if it came in the kit but the shop did plug it.