Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
just had a chat with ford they are going to call be back to see what they can provide in the form of payment assistance. For a loaner they said i was out of luck. they cant force the dealerships to provide that.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Tucaz520,
Sorry for what you have been going thru.
I would not have the patients and by now would probably driven the Car to Roush and blocked there main door and say, Here, you fix this. It's your doing. You charge $85,000 and for this???

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The 18-20’s are dialed in. It’s a shame the issues some people are having on the 21’s. Roush has to hook you up with something sheesh!

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I believe the 21s have been issues because of the delays that Ford has been experiencing with their supply chains. When I had my Stage 2 kit installed last month, the shop had it for an extra week due to being unable to load the tune. They had to have the ECM reflashed to stock twice because each iteration that Roush provided them put the car in limp mode. Was told that it was because one of the modules was coming up as unknown and they were suspecting Ford swapped out a module in the vehicle due to shortages. Not sure how true that is though.

So far, I have put about 1500 miles on the car and can say that I have not seen any further issues. Only complaint I have now is that In Sport Mode, the shifting still hasn’t smoothed out as much as I would like. In normal mode, the shifting is perfect. Hoping it will just take some time for the Sport mode to smooth out.

All in all, I am happy with my installation.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Welp.... my kit has not been arrived at the dealership, might need to contact Roush regarding to this issue for my 21.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry guys but…. Aftermarket tune for the win! I’m now way past just a custom tune but it fixed the issue other then the cel flickering when iat2’s got way to hot.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If the plan is an aftermarket tune, I do not understand why anyone would get a Roush kit in the first place.

There are excellent tuner kits available from Whipple, Edelbrock and others where you can choose the appropriate pump, injectors, TB, etc. and have a kit for far less money and much better results than starting with a Roush kit and adding tunes, pumps, injectors, cooling mods and other additions.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If the plan is an aftermarket tune, I do not understand why anyone would get a Roush kit in the first place.

There are excellent tuner kits available from Whipple, Edelbrock and others where you can choose the appropriate pump, injectors, TB, etc. and have a kit for far less money and much better results than starting with a Roush kit and adding tunes, pumps, injectors, cooling mods and other additions.
Bruce I completely agree.. if I could do it over I would have gone a different direction completely. We definitely shouldn’t pay what we paid for the Roush setup to have issues. For me I’m gonna make the best of a bad situation and max out what I have to deal with.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Bruce I completely agree.. if I could do it over I would have gone a different direction completely. We definitely shouldn’t pay what we paid for the Roush setup to have issues. For me I’m gonna make the best of a bad situation and max out what I have to deal with.
I get it. You will have a good set-up with all you are doing.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Someone from ford called and asked what the issue is. As I suspected as soon as I started saying roush and supercharger she was lost. They are going to call Tindol and get back to me wed.
$5 says the conversation goes something like this.

Since you had an aftermarket kit installed there is nothing we can do for you.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I believe the 21s have been issues because of the delays that Ford has been experiencing with their supply chains. When I had my Stage 2 kit installed last month, the shop had it for an extra week due to being unable to load the tune. They had to have the ECM reflashed to stock twice because each iteration that Roush provided them put the car in limp mode. Was told that it was because one of the modules was coming up as unknown and they were suspecting Ford swapped out a module in the vehicle due to shortages. Not sure how true that is though.
Wow, that's pretty interesting.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Sorry guys but…. Aftermarket tune for the win! I’m now way past just a custom tune but it fixed the issue other then the cel flickering when iat2’s got way to hot.
im still waiting for that burger.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
What wheels and tires setup are you guys running? Not quite sure if I want 18 or 19 inch wheels. 18 inch apex wheels or 19 inch cs5 wheels. Any inputs?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There are many wheel options being used from 17"-20". You may want to take a look a the aftermarket wheel threads and the tire threads. It all boils down to how you plan to drive your car. If you plan to supercharge, buy a really good tire or you will find yourself wishing you had later.

What wheels and tires setup are you guys running? Not quite sure if I want 18 or 19 inch wheels. 18 inch apex wheels or 19 inch cs5 wheels. Any inputs?