Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
just got off the phone with roush. they now admit they have 4 cars doing the same thing. They have the data from the 2 here in NC and want to collect the data from the other 2 cars to validate the findings. Oddly they said they want to rule out that the issue is location based??????????????????????????
The issue remains a false knock. The tune they use does not adjust the parameters for the knock sensor and was not needed for cars up to 2020. They said they are confident there is no broken parts and would authorize the replacement of any parts including an engine if needed.
At least now that they are having more cars doing the same thing they seem to be a more focused on it than they have in the past 100+ days.
I and others would be remiss if we didn't say thanks for hanging in there to see this issue through. It sucks that you had to be the lab rat for this, but in the end your persistence may have solved or at least got attention to a 2021 issue. You had every opportunity to get out of this, but you hung in there...way to go! Thanks again

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
lets hope it actually leads to a fix and this nightmare is over. Would be nice if roush offered something for being their test dummy.
Don’t hold your breath on that.. definitely hope all this leads to the end of this saga thou.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
lets hope it actually leads to a fix and this nightmare is over. Would be nice if roush offered something for being their test dummy.
They gave me an exhaust when I had a similar experience in 2015... I'd ask if I were you...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
At least ask and maybe they will pay one month payment on your car.
I would ask, since they had your car "hostage" for so long.
Good luck @Tucaz520

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
This could be a stupid oil question but, i'd ask before use. I have spare amsoil 5w-50. Does roush authorize to use this oil or stick to motorcraft?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I wonder if the '21 Roush Stage cars that come out of the Roush factory are having the same issues? I would "assume" yes?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
I wonder if the '21 Roush Stage cars that come out of the Roush factory are having the same issues? I would "assume" yes?
The other car at TIndol was a roush stage 3 car. They did not specify about the other 2.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
This could be a stupid oil question but, i'd ask before use. I have spare amsoil 5w-50. Does roush authorize to use this oil or stick to motorcraft?
From the Roush owner's manual. " Engine Oil and Filter Change your oil every 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first, using Motorcraft SAE 5W-50 Full Synthetic Motor Oil. This should be done more frequently if high operating temperatures are encountered, or the vehicle is run hard for extended periods such as on a racetrack. The Motorcraft oil filter FL-500-S should be replaced every time you change your oil."

I would say any brand that meets the SAE 5W-50 specs should be good. I personally use the Ford oil. 62,000 miles and mine uses less than 1/2 qt between 10,000 mile increment oil changes.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Does anyone know if the Roush tunes change the parameters of the oil bypass control? For example keeping it closed at all times to ensure higher oil pressure than stock.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
My theory is that LM Ceratec has kept the false knock away from my car that others are seeing on the 21s. I think these engines are so noisy from the factory and that is being picked up as false knock.

Ive used Liqui Moly for years. So when my supercharged 2021 got delivered, day 1 swapped wheels and poured in the ceratec. Ran great for 5000+ miles. Until...

Last week I had the oil change done at the dealer. Motorcraft 5w50. I was waiting for another bottle of ceratec to arrive so had to drive the car for a few days without it. I noticed how much noisier the engine was. Mechanical noise. And it was not running the same. It kept hesitating in 2nd/3rd gear. Its been raining a lot here and my traction control seems really aggressive so I just contributed it to that, or possibly a less than perfect tank of gas.

A few days pass, new bottle of ceratec arrives, I pour it in, car goes back to running perfect like before. Quieter, and without any hesitation. Huh. Thinking back now, and rereading a lot of the posts here, pretty sure I was getting false knock.

If this is the case, Roush needs to update the tune.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have used Ceratec since the first time I changed oil. I have never had the tick but just used it as prevention.