Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What does the new flash address in a manual car?

I have a 6 Speed P2 and Roush sent me a new flash for it. Most likely will have it done by the end of March.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Excellent question. We know it fixes the 6-7 shifts in the 10A. However, Gavin told me there were "other refinements." I have no idea what that really means. I think one poster said they addressed the fuel situation since there have been a number of customers who had a CEL for low fuel pressure.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
P008A Low Fuel Pressure and P0420/P0430 Cat Inefficiency were some of the fixes.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
P008A Low Fuel Pressure and P0420/P0430 Cat Inefficiency were some of the fixes.
Based on this info and my initial drive with the new cal, they have done a very good job. I don't know if I am imagining things or not but it just seemed like the engine ran a bit smoother throughout the rev range. It was smooth before so maybe no difference. The tech that did the flash commented on how smooth it was just revving it up a little while in park.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
wow I need that. Was that in the last flash they released a few months ago or this new as in the last few weeks?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
wow I need that. Was that in the last flash they released a few months ago or this new as in the last few weeks?
I was told it was addressed in the last update although I can't confirm that as I don't have my car yet.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you picked it up already?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No not yet its still not back together. Just sitting on the lift there for my free winter storage lol
my girl just had her explorer sport in there. Guess Ford thought it was a good idea to install the water pump inside the engine on those ecoboosts. Around 100k miles they fail and if the engine overheats due to not having any water\antifreeze (no noticeable leak, all in the engine missing with oil) the engine fails. Of course the engine being full of a mixture of coolant\oil can cause it to fail. Cost her $2300 for a water pump, lol.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
my girl just had her explorer sport in there. Guess Ford thought it was a good idea to install the water pump inside the engine on those ecoboosts. Around 100k miles they fail and if the engine overheats due to not having any water\antifreeze (no noticeable leak, all in the engine missing with oil) the engine fails. Of course the engine being full of a mixture of coolant\oil can cause it to fail. Cost her $2300 for a water pump, lol.
Damn that's an expensive water pump!

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It was addressed in the flash released a few months ago. I don’t think they have another revised calibration since but you never know.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I asked and was told it just cleans up a few things. I did make it clears I have a 6-Speed. Nothing major or specific.

I received from Gavin in January and will have it flashed soon. Just took the car out this week as the Ice age appears over.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
With all this EPA/CARB stuff going on lately, and there's a lot of it being talked about, I wonder if that's why the 2018 Jackhammer cars had the supercharger installed at the dealerships as opposed to the Roush factory?
Just a thought.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Whoa that’s steep. I wo
With all this EPA/CARB stuff going on lately, and there's a lot of it being talked about, I wonder if that's why the 2018 Jackhammer cars had the supercharger installed at the dealerships as opposed to the Roush factory?
Just a thought.
That was exactly why. Roush couldn’t get the CARB certification in time so it couldn’t be pre-titled on the car and had to be installed at the dealership.