Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So their turning the manuals another 1000 Rpm over a 10R80?
Maybe the way the manual is geared, it doesn't hit the 155 mph speed limiter.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Maybe the way the manual is geared, it doesn't hit the 155 mph speed limiter.
The manual doesnā€™t on the dyno. The auto hits the limiter between 6K & 7K RPM. He has another video that shows it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The Manual is not going over 155mph however.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
The Manual is not going over 155mph however.
For the dyno it has to do with which gear is the direct 1:1. Standard is 4th. Auto is 7th.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Any way to fix that? How are we supposed to track our cars?

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Only way to fix it would be a custom tune.
A custom calibration will address the 155. There is supposed to be another at 180ish that is hard coded.

LimeGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT, 2016 Focus RS
Hello everyone, Iā€™m new to the forums - but Iā€™ve read about 60 pages on this thread over the past month with varying degrees of information.

Iā€™m looking at having the Roush SC put on over spring break by a local authorized Ford dealer. Is there anything else I should definitely look at having done at the same time//shortly after? I want to be sure I keep the warranty - Iā€™ve had too many costly repairs on other cars šŸ˜… My car is a stock 2020 GT Premium, no performance pack. Iā€™ve had it almost a year, it has 9k miles, and Iā€™ve only done cosmetics at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello everyone, Iā€™m new to the forums - but Iā€™ve read about 60 pages on this thread over the past month with varying degrees of information.

Iā€™m looking at having the Roush SC put on over spring break by a local authorized Ford dealer. Is there anything else I should definitely look at having done at the same time//shortly after? I want to be sure I keep the warranty - Iā€™ve had too many costly repairs on other cars šŸ˜… My car is a stock 2020 GT Premium, no performance pack. Iā€™ve had it almost a year, it has 9k miles, and Iā€™ve only done cosmetics at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome aboard. I believe your hard pressed to beat the Roush setup. For the money,what it delivers and the warranty is just hard to beat.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list

Thanks in advance!
You are going to want some sticky tires. I think you'll find very quickly that the factory tires are not going to be good enough. Might be a good idea to look at some suspension mods too.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
You are going to want some sticky tires. I think you'll find very quickly that the factory tires are not going to be good enough. Might be a good idea to look at some suspension mods too.
Read the Roush warranty. And be prepared for a lot of fun!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)

Thanks in advance!
About the only thing I might suggest would be some better rubber. I assume your non PP car came with all season tires. Once you have the SC installed, you will have serious traction issues if you apply heavy throttle in the lower gears.