Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Does the Roush tune change for exhaust? My car is in the shop now having phase 2 installed. Wondering if I need to change/update tune when I go from stock exhaust to a new axel-back.
Not for a catback.... I would custom tune if you do headers though.

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Have the updates for the phase 2 started going for 18& up mustang gt's. I saw some comments a couple of weeks ago

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Can a custom tune overcome the closing of the TB at 160 degrees? I've owned two cars with the same setup in AZ and they both start pulling power at those temps by closing the TB.

Not that I want to do this but I will eventually tune it. Curious how much a tune would help if the car can heatsoak just by looking at it here in AZ summers.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Can a custom tune overcome the closing of the TB at 160 degrees? I've owned two cars with the same setup in AZ and they both start pulling power at those temps by closing the TB.

Not that I want to do this but I will eventually tune it. Curious how much a tune would help if the car can heatsoak just by looking at it here in AZ summers.
Yes, but not a very smart move.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
What do I need to do with the roush fuel rails to make function with a return setup. Probably going with the Sai Li kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)

I am curious. Living in such a hot climate, and having previous experience with heatsoak, why did you get another Roush kit? I don't know how much cooler a Whipple or Edelbrock would run but I presume their larger ICs would be better in your world.

I have never come close to 160 iat2 here in the frozen tundra but apparently you do.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I am curious. Living in such a hot climate, and having previous experience with heatsoak, why did you get another Roush kit? I don't know how much cooler a Whipple or Edelbrock would run but I presume their larger ICs would be better in your world.

I have never come close to 160 iat2 here in the frozen tundra but apparently you do.
1st answer: Warranty
2nd answer: Because I love it :) Nothing against the other kits, but I knew what I was getting into and I still wanted the warranty. Plus, they gave me $8k over what I owed for my previous Roush kit and I was able to roll the new one into the 0% interest financing.

I've seen a few Edelbrock kits on 2018s here and they run the same ET's and Traps as I do in the summer. Maybe they were having growing pains but I wasn't really impressed.

I haven't seen any Whipples here but I will be honest. When I bought the new car and it took 2 months to get my kit, I contemplated having the dealer switch from the Roush to the Whipple kit. When I talked to them about it, they told me a few horror stories and talked me out of it. Most of their issues came from the Shelby F150's and trying to get Whipple to warranty it. And that was on a car that comes with a factory warranty. Granted, I am listening to the dealer, and they have their own best interests in mind and they want to make money. I AM IN NO WAY TALKING SHIT ABOUT WHIPPLE! If I didn't want the Roush for the reasons above, they or Hellion would be my next choice.

Never had an issue with the Roush kit or the warranty. If anyone thinks I am complaining when I state the facts of the performance I get out of my car, I'm not. I just tell it like it is for better or worse. I have no regrets. Like I said probably 600 pages ago, this is my first high performance car and it is plenty damn fast and when I get bored, I have a lot planned for it. (headers, tune, fuel, etc.) I have lost 1 race in Mexico... That was a 10 speed ZL1 when I was on the P1 setup.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
So get a Killer Chiller..... you won't have to worry about 160 degree IAT2's... ;)
That’s probably going to happen. Only hang up is finding a local shop who can do it right. My other concern is my AC in the summer. I DD my car (when there isn’t a pandemic) so it needs to be cold!

I’ve been following your YT vids so. (At least I think it’s you!)

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
That’s probably going to happen. Only hang up is finding a local shop who can do it right. My other concern is my AC in the summer. I DD my car (when there isn’t a pandemic) so it needs to be cold!

I’ve been following your YT vids so. (At least I think it’s you!)
As long as you remove your HE your cabin temps shouldnt be affected. Also when you switch back to r134 it'll even be better lol.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I haven't gotten mine started yet.... I've been following that primo guy on YouTube.... i should have it on xmas and i need to determine who is going to install it near me....

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
I haven't gotten mine started yet.... I've been following that primo guy on YouTube.... i should have it on xmas and i need to determine who is going to install it near me....
I'm very interested in seeing your results. I've been trying to figure how to make our fuel rails work with a return kit