Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If it were me, PBD would be who I would let tune a Roush, I actually find it amusing VMP built Stangmodes car but he had PBD tune it. I would’ve thought VMP would’ve said no, it’s our package so u get our tune?
Yeah, that is odd.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would like to see before & after dyno sheets and 1/4 mile times of a P2 Roush and the same car with a custom tune, no other mods and 93 octane fuel. If Roush can fix the 6-7 shift and not screw up something else, I would be pretty satisfied with their tune.

As far as I know, all the online videos that make comparisons start with an early P1 tune. There is a lot of headroom with that tune.
What kind of numbers would you expect on Roush Phase 2 on the Dyno and what would you like to see for a gain on a Custom 93 Tune?

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Dont think there is lot of hp gains with their tune peak wise but theres goes almost another 1k rpms maintaining power whereas roush falls off highest rpm ive seen in a data log shift in a run was 7200 in 4th gear according to my logs with roush i think pbd carrys it on out and better shifting, i was at the track one weekend and a nos mustang with 10r80 trans was runnin like a scalded dog shifting at 8k tho

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I had VMP tune mine. It was the same as previously mentioned, I sent the stock Roush tune and they sent me back a 93 octane tune. Nothing else was needed. I figured VMP worked closely with Roush and they even make their own supercharger similar to the Roush. So they have to know what they are doing.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had VMP tune mine. It was the same as previously mentioned, I sent the stock Roush tune and they sent me back a 93 octane tune. Nothing else was needed. I figured VMP worked closely with Roush and they even make their own supercharger similar to the Roush. So they have to know what they are doing.
I know your right.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dont think there is lot of hp gains with their tune peak wise but theres goes almost another 1k rpms maintaining power whereas roush falls off highest rpm ive seen in a data log shift in a run was 7200 in 4th gear according to my logs with roush i think pbd carrys it on out and better shifting, i was at the track one weekend and a nos mustang with 10r80 trans was runnin like a scalded dog shifting at 8k tho
A few more Rpm but 8 grand is a bit of a stretch. PBD has always liked to twist em high.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh I was just saying if I tuned the car I would go PBD, but honestly Bruce like you if Roush fixes this bug I wouldn’t touch the tune then because imho it runs well

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I really would not expect much power increase over phase 2. My expectations with custom tuning: Sharper throttle tip-in, maintaining power at a bit higher rpm, and fixing the 6-7 shift while keeping all shifts quick and firm.

These cars should run high tens in 1000-1500 DA and mid 10s in negative DA with nothing more than a good DR. I think the Roush tune will do that if they fix the 6-7 shift and leave the other shifts alone. A custom tune might cut another 2 tenths?

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I really would not expect much power increase over phase 2. My expectations with custom tuning: Sharper throttle tip-in, maintaining power at a bit higher rpm, and fixing the 6-7 shift while keeping all shifts quick and firm.

These cars should run high tens in 1000-1500 DA and mid 10s in negative DA with nothing more than a good DR. I think the Roush tune will do that if they fix the 6-7 shift and leave the other shifts alone. A custom tune might cut another 2 tenths?
3-4 more tenths faster

3559D4E6-AF31-444B-BA3F-EDC0AA8CAF9F.jpeg

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I do too buddy

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What I love about the PBD videos is that Ken explains everything, shows the graph and the increases in power/torque. The more I watch the PBD videos, the more I'm getting swayed to go that route.
In all honesty, you can't go wrong with any of the top tuners. All exceptional.

Last edited:

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What I love about the PBD videos is that Ken explains everything, shows the graph and the increases in power/torque. The more I watch the PBD videos, the more I'm getting swayed to go that route.
In all honesty, you can't go wrong with any of the tip tuners. All exceptional.
Take one more look at VMP