Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

FarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)

@ 29 seconds you can see the HP TUNERS transbrake. That would be awesome to have tuned in
Screenshot_20200531-071205_YouTube.jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

@ 29 seconds you can see the HP TUNERS transbrake. That would be awesome to have tuned in
Screenshot_20200531-071205_YouTube.jpg
Yes it would. What wouldn't be great is only having what looks like a toddler seat the driver is sitting in as your interior.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What wouldn't be great is only having what looks like a toddler seat the driver is sitting in as your interior.
LMFAO
Yeah, that's not for me either. Not my style.
It's great if you have a dedicated race car, but if not,.......nawwwwwww. :thumbsdown:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
LMFAO
Yeah, that's not for me either. Not my style.
It's great if you have a dedicated race car, but if not,.......nawwwwwww. :thumbsdown:
reminds me of this

Br1and2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Yesterday my a10 was acting funny in sport+ mode. In first gear it wouldnt move at take off, for a few seconds free revved then took off slowly. Like it was slipping. Also noticed on downshifts it would say 1st gear but you could tel it was in 2nd or 3rd. And a few times when accelerating it would have some issues downshifting from 8th. Anyone have those issues? Normal mode completely fine

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Yesterday my a10 was acting funny in sport+ mode. In first gear it wouldnt move at take off, for a few seconds free revved then took off slowly. Like it was slipping. Also noticed on downshifts it would say 1st gear but you could tel it was in 2nd or 3rd. And a few times when accelerating it would have some issues downshifting from 8th. Anyone have those issues? Normal mode completely fine

When I first got the 2019 I had a weird issue with the trans.... I was manually shifting and hit the limiter too fast in 3rd. The car felt like it went into neutral. I pulled off to the side of the road and the car would not move.... if I hit the gas it would rock forward a bit. I thought I blew my trans. I turned the car off and was getting ready to call my wife to come get me when I decided to try it one more time. I started it up and it went into drive fine and worked like normal. That was on the Roush tune... Never had it happen again. Never had any other issues with the trans.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was on Phase 1 since july last year and didn't have issues like that in normal mode. I'd scan for codes. That doesn't sound like a tune or calibration issue but not sure.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Never a transmission issue on mine.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I have contacted two local roush dealers and one quoted me 9500+tax for the kit and install. They said they will not install the kit for safety reasons if I bring the kit to them.

Other dealer I contacted quoted 650 for the install but they sounded like either dont want to deal with me or doesn't know what they are talking about.

First dealer sounded like the place to go but the price is too high. Any thoughts?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would be very skepical of a shop that says they will install the kit for $650.

$9500 out the door is high but isn't horrible. I found that these prices can be negotiable. If they have experience with these installations and want the work, they may do it for less. They are making money on both the kit and the labor.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I would be very skepical of a shop that says they will install the kit for $650.

$9500 out the door is high but isn't horrible. I found that these prices can be negotiable. If they have experience with these installations and want the work, they may do it for less. They are making money on both the kit and the labor.
Yes, VERY skeptical. I had mine bought and installed for $9,100 and included the VelossaTech bigmouth (and installation since the bumper cover was off), and a few pulls on their dyno.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I am leaning towards to the dealer who offered me $9500+tax for the kit and install. What would be the reasonable price should I ask for the negotiation? Btw $9500+tax was the negotiated price. They asked for $10500+tax but it included hood strut.