Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall, they were pretty low when you were at Atco, too.

One thing we do not know for sure yet is how high the new Roush tune will allow without pulling timing or closing the throttle.
When I researched it someone online had access to the tune and said it starts' gradually pulling timing at somewhere between 100-110

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall, they were pretty low when you were at Atco, too.

One thing we do not know for sure yet is how high the new Roush tune will allow without pulling timing or closing the throttle.
Should take a look at this. OZ says keep it under 135 and anything over 150 is when you start being concerned. They discuss the mustang later in the comments

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Again it’s cold here. I would like to see what happens to me on an 80 degree day.

So u added the harness that PBD asks you to install to monitor IAT2, I would assume u did because I believe they require you to when they custom tune.

Pretty low Frank :like:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I read the same thing but I believe that was on the P1 tune, they had to change something in the P2 to pick up 50HP?

Wouldn’t surprise me if in fact thy played with IAT2 vs timing and that’s why they require 93 to be run for optimal power?

A few guys have looked at the P1 (18) tune via HP tuners

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I wouldn’t exactly call it a street car. My lawnmower has more miles on it. :devil:
LMFAO
True story.
giphy.gif

Some guys who road race use the paddles but for drag racing, it is best to use drag mode, leave it in drive and do NOT use the paddles. It will automatically shift at perfect rpm, lightning fast and unbelievably firm. It is similar to slam shifting a manual without lifting off the throttle.
Nice!! I'll have to check that out.
I know in Sport+ mode and without paddles, the first 3 gears are obnoxiously firm and quick.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I read the same thing but I believe that was on the P1 tune, they had to change something in the P2 to pick up 50HP?

Wouldn’t surprise me if in fact thy played with IAT2 vs timing and that’s why they require 93 to be run for optimal power?

A few guys have looked at the P1 (18) tune via HP tuners
I’m not concerned. Most of those people are in Florida and it was during extreme heat and humidity, even for Florida. I’m in michigan. Those days are few and far between.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes, the Phase 2 kit gives you more HP and TQ as well.
750HP
670TQ

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Compared to Drag mode, track mode is made for little girls...or girly men. Drag mode is a beast.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very disturbing to read the Oz stuff, I heard he was making a new lower intake but that would require a hood change on a mustang?

I can tell you I wont be hammering on my car in 90 degree temps, never did and never will on any car I owned but that being said if I need an ice tank at the track to make good runs (KEEP IAT2 HAPPY) then that’s what I’ll do

Talking to VMP they told me their HE exchanger would help quicker recovery and some temp drop but I didn’t get a warm fuzzy feeling it was worth the expense (18-20) after speaking to them

I will run the car, if my post iat isn’t so good, ice tank for me

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Compared to Drag mode, track mode is made for little girls...or girly men. Drag mode is a beast.
Same could be said for stock drag mode comparednto FI drag mode.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m not concerned. Most of those people are in Florida and it was during extreme heat and humidity, even for Florida. I’m in michigan. Those days are few and far between.

That’s true it does get in ungodly hot in Florida during the summer

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gonna call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can drop it off Monday instead of Tues:crackup:

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very disturbing to read the Oz stuff, I heard he was making a new lower intake but that would require a hood change on a mustang?

I can tell you I wont be hammering on my car in 90 degree temps, never did and never will on any car I owned but that being said if I need an ice tank at the track to make good runs (KEEP IAT2 HAPPY) then that’s what I’ll do

Talking to VMP they told me their HE exchanger would help quicker recovery and some temp drop but I didn’t get a warm fuzzy feeling it was worth the expense (18-20) after speaking to them

I will run the car, if my post iat isn’t so good, ice tank for me
Already making excuses for your 12 second run