Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The kit certainly isn't perfect but it definitely serves its purpose in my opinion. Most people who hate on it don't even have another kit on their own car. If you plan on staying canned tune I still think it's the best option out there. Clearly after that it's the worse option but I did not buy this particular car for it to turn into a money pit where I kept dumping 1k after 1k on it. With a tire I'm almost certain I can dip into the 10s how it's set up now. Probably not run after run without an ice tank but other kits have the same issue unless you cool them down as well or have an aftermarket tune that has a higher threshold for heat.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If your IATS stayed at 120 in 55 degree air it’s gonna run 10’s

I never really raced any of my cars in soup, so for me, 45-65 degree air is where I’d race and imho the P2 will go 10’s on a tire at they temp

Like u said, add an ice tank and who knows

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and also rather ideal conditions. Mid 50s out. Iat2 stayed below 120 the whole pull.
Still.. cant beat that. $39k our the door versus $60k+ cars with stock tires. Any suspension mods?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Most of the guys in the Facebook Mustang groups, including my local Minnesota Mustang group, are brutal about hating the Roush. It seems like Roush's reputation must be taking a hit. They have to be aware of this. I wonder why they continue to stick with their design. No one from Roush even bothers to defend their design.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Still.. cant beat that. $39k our the door versus $60k+ cars with stock tires. Any suspension mods?
No, that 39k was also with oil pump gears they threw in for free.. I got one of the last 18s left back in February of last year. It handles like crap but goes in a straight line pretty well.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Most of the guys in the Facebook Mustang groups, including my local Minnesota Mustang group, are brutal about hating the Roush. It seems like Roush's reputation must be taking a hit. They have to be aware of this. I wonder why they continue to stick with their design. No one from Roush even bothers to defend their design.
The target audience for them is probably not those guys. They've really taken care of me so I can't complain. I'd be out over 5k if I went any other route at this point. No questions asked and no hassles.. Ford and Roush have both stepped up and have went above and beyond in my opinion. All the stuff I've broke would have been out of pocket costs with another kit.

Sweitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It seems they focus their effort on taking care of the people who actually have purchased their products instead of people bitching who don't even have it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, that 39k was also with oil pump gears they threw in for free.. I got one of the last 18s left back in February of last year. It handles like crap but goes in a straight line pretty well.
no irs lockdown or sticky tires to get more power to the ground and staying with Hellcats?.. very impressive. Sure you could have a whipple and blown your warranty but you’d be screwed with the repairs you’ve had to make.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
According to Lebanon Ford,..........that's NOT the case.
They're selling LOTS of Roush supercharged cars AND trucks.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Are there any other Roush owners with a 2018 and some strip numbers? 11.4 @ 118 is my best.. I hit 12.2 at 124 on street tires.

Ps. I love my kit. I’ll have updated numbers on Friday

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Are there any other Roush owners with a 2018 and some strip numbers? 11.4 @ 118 is my best.. I hit 12.2 at 124 on street tires.

Could you remind us of the DA when you ran your best? Will you have the new cal before going back to the strip?

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Not throwing any hate your way, so don’t take it that way..... ROUSH is great for the warranty but leaves TONS on the table. 124mph is a minor bolt on E85 car. Again no hate your way, for the guy who wants the warranty it’s the way to go.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Not throwing any hate your way, so don’t take it that way..... ROUSH is great for the warranty but leaves TONS on the table. 124mph is a minor bolt on E85 car. Again no hate your way, for the guy who wants the warranty it’s the way to go.
That is why I asked about the DA. 11.4 @ 118.....as a best....wow.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
According to Lebanon Ford,..........that's NOT the case.
They're selling LOTS of Roush supercharged cars AND trucks.
The selling of trucks doesn't surprise me. I am surprised that they would sell more Mustangs with Roush kits than Edelbrock since the EB kit offers more power and also a 3/36 warranty. For what it is worth, my local Roush dealership, who will install whatever the customer wants, installs more Whipples than anything else.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Again, let’s see what the new LTR and 93 cal in good air runs, if the car goes 10.70’s on a tire with a warranty that’s pretty darn good

Only time will tell