Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Awesome wanted to check with my fellow enthusiasts before I just went to a random YouTube video. The one guy I did see that was using a Roush cold air intake just replaced it because it did say do not oil but he was not supercharged.
I did the following process - basically soak it with a mild degreasing solution (1/10 simple green or whatever ratio you are brave enough to use), let it sit for a bit, then gently clean with a soft brush and rinse well. After it's completely dry, either put it back or VERY gently blow with air from inside to outside. Did this twice and it's been fine so far.

Reactions: MCS

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Custom Tuning results:

2021 Phase 2 Roush S/C MT-82 w/Kooks headers, green cats and a H pipe.

I was happy

Feb 16 2024.jpg

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Custom Tuning results:

2021 Phase 2 Roush S/C MT-82 w/Kooks headers, green cats and a H pipe.

I was happy

Feb 16 2024.jpg
Great results! What was your baseline before the exhaust upgrade? Who did your tune?

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I didn't get a baseline, sadly. Tune was done at Prodyno in Fort Mill, SC

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I keep two of the filters. I remove the dirty one and replace with the clean one. I use AEM filter cleaner that you spray on the filter let soak and then rinse off. Once the filter has dried for a couple of days, I place it in a clear plastic bag and then use it for the next rotation.

The filters are dry filters; DO NOT OIL

#2 the Roush air intake. Looking a little dirty. Do folks replace it with a new one or just clean and oil it then put it back in?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I just need to order one and then can work on it before she comes outta the garage for the season.

anyone got a part number for the phase 2?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Reactions: MCS

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
New best 60-130. 5.29. Drag pack with MT Street Rs hooked well. Picked up .2 over my previous best 60-130. Maybe the Solar 95mm TB is helping. DA was 1100. I think if I start in 2nd I might be able to run asub 5s.

Screenshot_20240305_022401_dragy.jpg

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I'm going to push the Roush 2650 to its limits. Blower coming off next week and being shipped to Jokerz for porting. I also have a Solar 103mm TB on order and I have a 2.5 pulley and shorter belt on hand. Once I get the blower back. Car will go on the dyno for a retune. Will I get this car into the 4s 60-130? Should see around 17psi of boost with the porting, TB and 2.5 pulley.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'm going to push the Roush 2650 to its limits. Blower coming off next week and being shipped to Jokerz for porting. I also have a Solar 103mm TB on order and I have a 2.5 pulley and shorter belt on hand. Once I get the blower back. Car will go on the dyno for a retune. Will I get this car into the 4s 60-130? Should see around 17psi of boost with the porting, TB and 2.5 pulley.
Badass man! My car has to pass the test in April and then the headers are going back on my car and I'm converting to E85 shortly after. Need to get it taken care of before I blow up engine #2 in the heat :)

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Car is at the shop. Installing BMR cradle lock out kit alone with Viking shocks. Blower will be removed and shipped to Jokerz. Porting the inlet to 103mm along with the 103mm TB and 2.5 pulley. Anyone know what kind of boost I will see?

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
so has anyone found a strut tower brace that will work with roush and stock hood?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
so has anyone found a strut tower brace that will work with roush and stock hood?
The performance pack one does if you don't care about the brace over the supercharger. From what I understand that part of it is cosmetic and the part near the firewall provides most of it.

I could be wrong though. Mine was removed after the Roush and I couldn't tell a difference.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The performance pack one does if you don't care about the brace over the supercharger. From what I understand that part of it is cosmetic and the part near the firewall provides most of it.

I could be wrong though. Mine was removed after the Roush and I couldn't tell a difference.

The tower brace isn’t cosmetic and helps stiffen the front end which enables more precise handling.

Both PP1 and PP2 have both the same tower brace and cowl/firewall brace. The PP2 adds a K brace underneath.

When the the Roush supercharger is installed height of the supercharger is to high to enable the tower brace to be installed.

There are two solutions that will enable the tower brace to be reinstalled:

Spacers can be installed between the tower brace and the shock tower. Ideally the spacer would be a single u-shaped machined aluminum piece that is fitted to the shape of the tower. Using washers or a spacer would work but these would not be as solid as a single piece.

The second approach (the one I chose) is to buy adjustable height motor mounts. This would enable you to lower the engine to provide the needed clearance to reinstall the tower brace. This approach gets rid of the failure prone stock motor mounts, lowers your engine which improves handling (lower center of gravity), and reduces engine movement. The installation isn’t very difficult or time consuming to do. You can choose soft, hard, or solid bushings depending on how tied down you want the motor to be. The downside of any of these mounts is that they are all less compliant than the stock mounts which means that they will transfer more vibration into the car. I have installed hard bushings on my daily driver and I really like the more solid feeling and the improved handling of these mounts over the stock mounts.