Sponsored

Question About Lowering Springs

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
I drive a base V6 and want to lower the ride a bit and tighten up the suspension to get rid of some of the brake dive and body roll. Its my daily so im not trying to go anything too crazy and not looking to drag race, just spirited driving around corners and such.

A lot of the springs seem to mesh well with the Performance Pack cars so first question would be is there a recommended spring for base cars, specifically the V6?

Second question is, would springs add any additional noise when driving, turning, or going over bumps? Clunks, Pops, etc.

Thanks
Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have an Ecoboost Premium, but not performance pack. I chose the Steeda progressive sport lowering springs (and Steeda sway bars, and strut tower brace) and it's like riding on rails. Installed correctly I don't see how or why you would experience more noise. You may want to reach out to TJ from Steeda who posts on this forum, about a coupon code before ordering.

I'm the same as you by the way, not interested in actually tracking the car but I love being able to slam it when I want. This car could be tracked though, the handling is all there with all I have installed.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh wow, I see you are in Florida also. I had Steeda do my install, you could too! I would strongly suggest doing those sway bars and up the responsiveness all around. They sell a package with springs and sway bars that saves a ton of money.

You won't have to worry about going down the road with install issues, either.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help when you are ready to pull the trigger!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored