Sponsored

Question about changing gas station

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium,PP, Manual, Recaro
I have been filling up my car with 94 Octane gas from the same Petro Canada gas station only. Just recently before I went to the drag strip, I emptied my tank and filled it with 94 octane from Husky.

I noticed that since then, under hard acceleration on 1st gear my car shakes and thuds violent. Does this make sense? Is it because I change gas?

Sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language.
Sponsored

Rankor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY Ecoboost 6R80
Petro Canada is listed as a top tier gas retailer, where as Husky is not. I don't know if maybe you got some bad gas, but it's something to consider. Personally, I've only ever put Petro Canada 94 in my car, and don't plan to change, since it's the only gas above 91 that I can find.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium,PP, Manual, Recaro
Petro Canada is listed as a top tier gas retailer, where as Husky is not. I don't know if maybe you got some bad gas, but it's something to consider. Personally, I've only ever put Petro Canada 94 in my car, and don't plan to change, since it's the only gas above 91 that I can find.
I'm conflicted. People say Husky 94 is "Cleaner" than petro. I've been trying to research which is better but there is not much info on the interwebs.

The reason I switched was because I was getting average 14mpg on my ecoboost. What mpg are you seeing?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
If the Husky isn't working, I'd go back to the Petrol. It's like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Try running some Petro through it when the Husky is ran out and see if it goes back to normal.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I suspect when you ran your tank down you picked up water and debris in your filter and injectors. Change filter and run injector cleaner in your tank several times. Or pull them and clean with carb cleaner. Good luck.

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Top tier gas page has arco on there..... ARCO! Lol

Rankor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY Ecoboost 6R80
I'm conflicted. People say Husky 94 is "Cleaner" than petro. I've been trying to research which is better but there is not much info on the interwebs.

The reason I switched was because I was getting average 14mpg on my ecoboost. What mpg are you seeing?
Well, I'm only 1400 km into the car, but I'm averaging around 33ish highway and 22ish city. I do tend to have a lighter foot than the average user here, especially since I'm playing nice on the break in period. Having said that, gas isn't going to solve 14 mpg in an ecoboost. That's either something wrong with the car, or a lead foot.
Sponsored