stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Hello gents!

Once the weather warms up here in Jersey I plan on treating my GT to a new exhaust system. After seeing how cool the quad setup looks on the '18 I plan on going the same route, using the Roush rear valance to get the job done.

I've looked at the exhaust options out there that support this on the 15-17 S550 and narrowed down my choices to either the Corsa sport quad or the Magnaflow system that CJ Pony Parts has. Both sound great, and each has its own advantages. Has anyone installed one of these quad tip setups on their GT, and if so do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob
Sponsored

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Sub'd.

I'm in the same boat, although I'm looking at the 350 rear end. Just a full cat-back Ford Performance by Borla is $$$

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Subd waiting on true quad options for 2018.
So far what Iā€™ve found;
-Corsa catback with ā€œquadā€ tip (really just duals with quad tips)
-Rousch quad Axle-back

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
In the middle of the roush active quad tip, I have to say it's kinda a pita, be careful when cutting the bumper cover, I had the reverse sensors and I cut around them using the template and in one spot I cut too high because the air saw is hard to turn and I didn't take off the reverse sensor mounts which I should have,, one of those things that made sense after I did it ... This left the tiniest hole almost microscopic on my drivers side corner where the valence meets the bumper cover , you would never see it if I didn't show you see so I guess no harm but kinda upset at myself, anyways follow the template exact

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Sport!

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
There was a post on one of the fb groups where a guy bought the 18ā€™ active mufflers and installed them on a 15-17ā€™. He was even able to get the switch hooked up. The best part is that the mufflers retail for less than $500.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
AWE is suppose to be working on a Quad tip exhaust. I assume it will be profiled off the Gt350 valance. And of course Ford Racing does the sport and touring quad tip systems.

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Good stuff guys - thanks! The Corsa Sport sounds great but I wasnā€™t sure how the dual tips themselves look in the valance. Iā€™m concerned that if you get close they wonā€™t look right. The MF setup looks awesome but I read some feedback that they need ā€œadjustmentsā€ to fit properly. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Using the ā€˜18 active mufflers is an interesting idea too, especially if the price is right. If Ford offered them as an axle-back setup that would be very cool.

Rob

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
In the middle of the roush active quad tip, I have to say it's kinda a pita, be careful when cutting the bumper cover, I had the reverse sensors and I cut around them using the template and in one spot I cut too high because the air saw is hard to turn and I didn't take off the reverse sensor mounts which I should have,, one of those things that made sense after I did it ... This left the tiniest hole almost microscopic on my drivers side corner where the valence meets the bumper cover ļæ½ļæ½ , you would never see it if I didn't show you see so I guess no harm but kinda upset at myself, anyways follow the template exact ļæ½ļæ½
Everything Iā€™ve read indicates changing the rear valance is non-trivial but definitely seems worth the effort. I donā€™t have to deal with the reverse sensors so I donā€™t have to worry about that. In any case I know Iā€™ll be planning a full weekend for the exhaust and valance upgrade. Sheesh, thinking about it Iā€™ll probably do my shifter upgrade then too since I understand that the exhaust gets in the way ;).

Rob

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Good stuff guys - thanks! The Corsa Sport sounds great but I wasnā€™t sure how the dual tips themselves look in the valance. Iā€™m concerned that if you get close they wonā€™t look right. The MF setup looks awesome but I read some feedback that they need ā€œadjustmentsā€ to fit properly. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Using the ā€˜18 active mufflers is an interesting idea too, especially if the price is right. If Ford offered them as an axle-back setup that would be very cool.

Rob
No adjustments at all for mine to fit.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Still hoping someone does a conversion for the 15-17's to use the 18 quad setup. I really don't want to get another exhaust for quads..love my corsa

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Shell out for 2018 car. They come with an exhaust that is mapped like a throttle. Whatever you do to an old s550 is just stone age, aint that the truth
For 20k more then what I paid for mine with the same options...no thanks

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Anywho... appreciate the ideas. If anyone else has any experience with the various quad exhaust options for the ā€˜15 thru ā€˜17 GTs please chime in - thanks!

Rob

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT