Sponsored

putting regular gt350 wheels/tires on a gt350r

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Forgive me if this has been covered on here already.Friend of mine just picked up a new R and wants to save the the wheels and tires for track days. He is looking to put on regular gt350 wheels and mpss stock tires on his R.He asked me if it will work as he knows I tend to lurk on these forums.As far as I can tell it should be ok other than he will probably require some open wheel nuts and his speedo may be slightly off. Anyone on here done this and has any feedback would be appreciated. Also if this works and you have stock wheels/wheels and tires for sale, you can pm me your email and price and I will forward it to him. Thanks
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not stock wheels, but 6gr in R spec. This is the way to go if he doesn't want to use stock wheels. I had these laying around from when I had the track pack.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Forgive me if this has been covered on here already.Friend of mine just picked up a new R and wants to save the the wheels and tires for track days. He is looking to put on regular gt350 wheels and mpss stock tires on his R.He asked me if it will work as he knows I tend to lurk on these forums.As far as I can tell it should be ok other than he will probably require some open wheel nuts and his speedo may be slightly off. Anyone on here done this and has any feedback would be appreciated. Also if this works and you have stock wheels/wheels and tires for sale, you can pm me your email and price and I will forward it to him. Thanks
You can do it! I will PM you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you go the 6gr wheel route, and dont want the unsightly studs sticking out bare, You will need open ended lug nuts for the front and then use eBay item 122123853335 for stud caps. For the rear wheels, use gorilla 41147XLBC (no open lugs required underneath the gorilla lugs because the stud length is short enough to be covered by the gorilla lugs)

You can use just the eBay lugs at all 4 corners, but I wanted to have a name brand associated with a part holding a wheel to a hub.

Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
If you go the 6gr wheel route, and dont want the unsightly studs sticking out bare, You will need open ended lug nuts for the front and then use eBay item 122123853335 for stud caps. For the rear wheels, use gorilla 41147XLBC (no open lugs required underneath the gorilla lugs because the stud length is short enough to be covered by the gorilla lugs)

You can use just the eBay lugs at all 4 corners, but I wanted to have a name brand associated with a part holding a wheel to a hub.
So you're saying use double lugs in the front? I was thinking of some type of black silicone caps to cover the front studs. But I haven't researched this angle yet. Here's the HRE's I bought for my GT350R. These are temporary lugs.

Instead of the Gorilla's, I ordered the slightly upper scale KICS R40 lugs. I think they're made by the same company as Gorilla, but are their upper end models.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It's about the same. I'm flying a trip right now and I don't think I have it in my album. Let me check.

Edited to add: the front is not in my album. I cannot upload it to this site now, it's too big. I'll get to it when I get home late tomorrow night

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tomster,

Can you add a photo of the front wheel? Do the front lugs poke out same amount as rear?
Rear wheel:

picture.jpg

Front wheel:

picture.jpg
Sponsored