Sponsored

Putting new Rubber on the R wheels - what type of machine should I be looing for

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas -

I need to change the rubber out on the GT350R.

I am calling around to a few shops but I am unsure what I should be asking. No one here has worked with Carbon Wheels so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!

I am not near Paul or else I would. Gonna call around tomorrow.

Sponsored

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Fellas -

I am calling around to a few shops but I am unsure what I should be asking. No one here has worked with Carbon Wheels so far.
I had a hard time finding a shop that had a touchless center/hub mount machine in my area, but finally found one at the local Porsche dealership. They charged me me double what it would normally cost, but they were willing to tackle the challenge and these shops are taking on a lot of liability for $200. I would check with your local high end car dealers and you will find what you are looking for, again you might pay more, but they will stand behind it if they damage a wheel. Just make sure they are securing it by the wheel hub, not the barrel or wheel lip.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a hard time finding a shop that had a touchless center/hub mount machine in my area, but finally found one at the local Porsche dealership. They charged me me double what it would normally cost, but they were willing to tackle the challenge and these shops are taking on a lot of liability for $200. I would check with your local high end car dealers and you will find what you are looking for, again you might pay more, but they will stand behind it if they damage a wheel. Just make sure they are securing it by the wheel hub, not the barrel or wheel lip.
Thank you Sir!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Fellas -

Check out newly opened chain shops. I was surprised last fall that a chain shop called Town Fair Tire was the only shop in my area that could help me w my 6GR R spec wheels. They were opened about six months before and stocked with all new equipment including a state of art, $35 grand touchless machine. Awesome machine and employees! Good luck:cheers:

s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT
Maybe go back to the Ford dealer you bought the car from? Surely they would take full responsibility....

Go back with the service manager and tech, all of you agree your wheels are in perfect shape before beginning the process.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Maybe go back to the Ford dealer you bought the car from? Surely they would take full responsibility....

Go back with the service manager and tech, all of you agree your wheels are in perfect shape before beginning the process.
I checked my dealer before I went to the chain store. They couldn't help with the 6GRs due to width (and they didn't have a touchless machine). We all agreed we would have further conversation if I need warranty work on my wheels/tires:lol:
Sponsored