Sponsored

Putting GT350 mufflers into my GT with Active exhaust working

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Got my GT350 mufflers welded on this weekend and wired up the actuators to open and close off a DPDT rocker switch.

Stock exhaust except for the GT350 mufflers.

Ikon GT350 style valance was used for this install as well.

Cat deletes are being installed tonight and will upload a video of that as well.

-Nick
Sponsored

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Kona Blue
Got my GT350 mufflers welded on this weekend and wired up the actuators to open and close off a DPDT rocker switch.

Stock exhaust except for the GT350 mufflers.

Ikon GT350 style valance was used for this install as well.

Cat deletes are being installed tonight and will upload a video of that as well.

-Nick
Nick, would this exhaust work with the stock rear valance? It sounds great and I've been looking to add active to my 19GT. Nice color BTW

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Nick, would this exhaust work with the stock rear valance? It sounds great and I've been looking to add active to my 19GT. Nice color BTW[/QUOT
Nick, would this exhaust work with the stock rear valance? It sounds great and I've been looking to add active to my 19GT. Nice color BTW
The GT350 mufflers will fit the stock valance however, the GT350 mufflers don’t have traditional style tips so you would have to have aftermarket tips welded on to them if you wanted to use the stock valance.

Thanks. Had a 2011 5.0 years ago and had to get that color again. Highly underrated IMO.

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 mufflers will fit the stock valance however, the GT350 mufflers don’t have traditional style tips so you would have to have aftermarket tips welded on to them if you wanted to use the stock valance.

Thanks. Had a 2011 5.0 years ago and had to get that color again. Highly underrated IMO.
I'm handy with a welder so tips wouldn't be a problem. I was just wanting to be sure the muffler outlets would be pointing in the right direction to minimize fab work. Thanks!

How are those cat deletes coming along?

A friend of mine has an 11 Kona GT. Love it!

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I'm handy with a welder so tips wouldn't be a problem. I was just wanting to be sure the muffler outlets would be pointing in the right direction to minimize fab work. Thanks!

How are those cat deletes coming along?

A friend of mine has an 11 Kona GT. Love it!
If you’re decent with a Mig or even a Flux then you’ll be just fine. They line up perfectly with the stock valance.

Cat deletes video has been delayed. I got the drivers side installed without issue, went to bolt up the passenger side and it didn’t line up at all. Contacted Yadrian at Mak Performance and he confirmed that I received the wrong passenger side. He has the correct one on the way to me already and it will arrive this Thursday. I was pretty bummed as I was REALLY looking forward to hearing the new setup without kitties.

Sponsored

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
If you’re decent with a Mig or even a Flux then you’ll be just fine. They line up perfectly with the stock valance.

Cat deletes video has been delayed. I got the drivers side installed without issue, went to bolt up the passenger side and it didn’t line up at all. Contacted Yadrian at Mak Performance and he confirmed that I received the wrong passenger side. He has the correct one on the way to me already and it will arrive this Thursday. I was pretty bummed as I was REALLY looking forward to hearing the new setup without kitties.
Oh wow! That sucks! Do you know if the GT350 mufflers are different from the GT active mufflers?

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Oh wow! That sucks! Do you know if the GT350 mufflers are different from the GT active mufflers?
they are different. Different tips and different valve actuators.

gt350 mufflers
0AB74DCC-6D0D-4D1D-9C71-DFDA45D4D8D0.jpeg

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
they are different. Different tips and different valve actuators.

gt350 mufflers
0AB74DCC-6D0D-4D1D-9C71-DFDA45D4D8D0.jpeg
I know they fit different, I meant from a sound standpoint. I probably should've been more clear. I'm sure that question would be near impossible to answer.

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I know they fit different, I meant from a sound standpoint. I probably should've been more clear. I'm sure that question would be near impossible to answer.
Haha. Gotcha now. They sound different in my opinion. I’ve heard both in person and I believe the GT350 mufflers sound deeper.

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes. This is the exact valance. Fitment was surprisingly spot on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114129244421
Awesome! I got the same one, just waiting to install. Need to cut my tips first. Did you have to weld anything or no?

Any vibration from new tips or are they pretty sturdy? Do you have any pics - the video shows the car jacked, wonder what it looks like lowered.

FrankieFigs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
@FrankieFigs

Here you go brother. Mak Cat Deletes, Stock resonator, and the GT350 mufflers.

Sounds great! I ended up picking up a stock active exhaust from a GT. I locked the valves wide open and it sounds great even with the stock resonator in place. I'm gonna do cat deletes and keep the resonator until I get the actuators and wiring done then I may do an H pipe. That rear valence looks great, that may go on my list!

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Sounds great! I ended up picking up a stock active exhaust from a GT. I locked the valves wide open and it sounds great even with the stock resonator in place. I'm gonna do cat deletes and keep the resonator until I get the actuators and wiring done then I may do an H pipe. That rear valence looks great, that may go on my list!

Good stuff man. If you want a good deal on a set of cat deletes, let me know. I pulled mine off this week since they made my car a tick louder than I liked for a daily driver. The set I have includes the drivers side S197 headed so there is no welding required.

-Nick
Sponsored