Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello,
Hope someone can assist.

I have found a local credit union offering an interest rate of 1.74%, but to get this low interest rate I would have to go through another company partnered with the credit union to purchase the car and they would negotiate the purchase directly with the dealership. Has anyone ever used this type of service without being part of the negotiating process? Are they able to get a good/best price for the car?
Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I would pass on that. You should be able to get a comparable rate and do your own bargaining.

OP
OP

Cla007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would pass on that. You should be able to get a comparable rate and do your own bargaining.
I thought of that also. If I negotiate on my own I believe the rate will be somewhere in the upper 2%. I would also have to apply for a checking/savings/credit accounts to get the 1.74%. but thanks for reply.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I thought of that also. If I negotiate on my own I believe the rate will be somewhere in the upper 2%. I would also have to apply for a checking/savings/credit accounts to get the 1.74%. but thanks for reply.
I ended up getting 2.09% for 72 months last August. I'll pay it off in 3 years or earlier though.

OP
OP

Cla007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ended up getting 2.09% for 72 months last August. I'll pay it off in 3 years or earlier though.
I'm looking for a 72 months also, but I would pay it sooner.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
typically those 'buyer services' only manage to find you "invoice" pricing which is nothing special. It for the weak-minded who can't play hardball with a dealer or know what you can *actually* extract in the way of pricing and concessions.

OP
OP

Cla007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
typically those 'buyer services' only manage to find you "invoice" pricing which is nothing special. It for the weak-minded who can't play hardball with a dealer or know what you can *actually* extract in the way of pricing and concessions.
Yes I hear you. I will be going myself to negotiate. just thought I has.
Sponsored