Sponsored

Purchased Orange Fury PP2 (Tremor Pack) last Monday - The first PP2 to be purchased!

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Congratulations Richard! A word of caution from your Texas neighbor. I got my GT350 from this same dealer 2 yrs. ago and they are among the many dealers that installed the front splitters incorrectly. I probably wouldn't have noticed it had I not read it on this forum. After watching the install video, I contacted Town East who requested a copy of the video and reinstalled mine correctly. They had to scavenge some fasteners from an unsold GT350 to complete the install. But if you have even an iota of mechanical ability, I would recommend installing it yourself when it comes in. It is not difficult at all, and some members have done it without a lift or jack stands. (Although I can't imagine how!) Welcome to the forum and happy motoring!
Thanks for the head's up, when I picked up the car I actually requested they fold the rear seat down and put the splitter in the trunk so I could make sure I woudln't scrape it off going in my driveway. I may do that then, just pick it up from them so I can check clearance (I think it will be ok, doesn't really stick out more from the front most part of the current bumper trim (more on the outside edges)). Appreciate your feedback and experience here.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Didn't read through the whole post so perhaps this was already asked.

Do the front 10.5" wheels poke out a little bit?

Beautiful Car!
Yes they do poke out a bit, I'll try to grab a shot this evening looking down side of car, there is a video on youtube that was done on the gray one at Gaplin Ford, you can see it on there as well.

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
Yes they do poke out a bit, I'll try to grab a shot this evening looking down side of car, there is a video on youtube that was done on the gray one at Gaplin Ford, you can see it on there as well.
How about the rears? Thanks!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Like he said, go watch that video from Galpin Ford. Personally, I didn't realize how much poke the front had until I watched that video

Sponsored

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
awesome car thank you for sharing!!

To think I was all set on a fully loaded ecoboost, now I want to stretch my budget for a 301A PP2....

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
To think I was all set on a fully loaded ecoboost, now I want to stretch my budget for a 301A PP2....
That's what I was thinking... after seeing this thread, I'm now trying to sell my S197 Big Brake Kit and race wheels to make up for the price increase of PP2 from a standard 401A with recaros

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Sweet car!
I have a question, on Ford.com utilizing the build your own part, I cannot find an option for PP2. PP1 is the only option I can see. Is that not an option on the site yet or am I missing it?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Hopefully Ford makes those satin finish trim pieces available to purchase - like the center dash gauge and vent bezels. That's the one thing I don't like about my 2016 - all the chrome inside.

And I know it's not something that anyone has done and is likely cost prohibitive, but I would seriously consider purchasing the Magneride shocks if a kit were to become available with the necessary ECU/programming. Sure, coilovers are going to get you better performance, but being an old man now, a comfortable ride AND good handling sounds very appealing.

Wonder how long it will take the aftermarket to clone those wheels like we saw with the GT350 wheels.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
It’s a preproduction build, was going to order one and saw posts that a few went to high volume dealers as early builds. Two were near me in Dallas so I went to check it out and came home with her. It is a premium with the 401 package so I have the leather heated/cooled seats, other options are active exhaust, Orange fury paint and of course PP2.

In your first set of pics, looks as though there is a black PP2 in the background. Did this particular dealer have two?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
In your first set of pics, looks as though there is a black PP2 in the background. Did this particular dealer have two?
Yes,
They had the Orange Fury I purchased and a black one as well. I know the gray one was at Gaplin in Cali, and I've heard there may be a 4th in existence from this same build date, but never seen pics of it or word of it. Chances are, that 4th one that is rumored to be around is the one that someone sold the rims off of late last year and someone on here bought them.

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Love the car. Wondering if PP2 front splitter would fit PP 16?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
The correct spoiler is now in at my dealer, hoping to make it over there tomorrow for install and will update with new pics. Rain looks to be moving in to tomorrow, so that may change plans, but fingers crossed it holds out until Saturday as originally forecast.

Splitter is also in (I'm planning to bring home and check a couple clearances with how my driveway slopes), and if all looks good I'll put it on myself. I do plan to check how much clearance i have tonight, if it is more than I think it is, I'll probably just have them put it on as well.
Sponsored